Faculty at School of Management and Entrepreneurship
Ph.D., IIM Ahmedabad
- Email: email@example.com
Use of finance and accounting theories and related concepts in managerial and personal decision making in emerging markets, especially in non-formal settings using survey and case study methods.
Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
Institute of Chartered Accountant of India
Bachelor of Law
University of Kolkata, India
Bachelor of Science
Institute of Directors, Thailand
- Worked in audit, manufacturing and academia.
- Taught in IIM Bengaluru (8 years), Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand (18 years).
- Served as a visiting faculty in leading institutions of higher learning in France, India, Vietnam, Nepal, and Thailand Designed, marketed and delivered high impact executive development programs for over 20 years.
- Served as Program Director for the prestigious International Masters for Practicing Managers (www.impm.org) program.
- Worked for over 12 months on a Swiss government funded capacity building project for universities in Vietnam.
- Led a GTZ funded e learning project for Asian Institute of Technology’s School of Management.
- Served as a corporate trainer for many large corporates, internationally, in their in-house programs.
- Serve Program Director, Professional Masters in Banking and Finance, AIT, Director (Executive Development Programs), Banking and Finance unit at the Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand.
2010 - 2011
Faculty of the Year Award For outstanding performance in the academic year 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 Awarded by Vietnam National University-Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
Top listed for Excellent Performance Got a near-perfect rating of 4.98 out of 5.00 for teaching the PGP course on Management Accounting-I to Section B and 4.93 out of 5.00 to Section C. Number of students in each section over 70. Awarded by Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, India.
- Venkatesh, S and Phuong, N.Q., (forthcoming) Sustainable Development Goals as Unintended Consequence of Digital Transformation Strategies: Case ofSiam Commercial Bank. In Tobias, Endress. Editor (Eds), Digital Project Practice for Banking and FinTech, Taylor & Francis.
- Poddar, B and Venkatesh, S (2023), Adoption of Electronic Payment and Settlement System: An Empirical Study of Systemic influences in Bangladesh, International Conference on Innovation in Engineering and Management, Birla Institute of Technology, June 1, 2023, Noida, India
- Poddar, B and Venkatesh, S (2023), Trends and Usages of Mobile Financial Services in Bangladesh: An Empirical Study, Conference in Banking and Corporate Finance, Essex Finance Centre, July 6, 2023, Gaeta, Italy
- Phuong, N.Q. and Venkatesh, S. (2021), "Influence of social structures on transnational migration duration: the case of Vietnamese contract workers returning from Taiwan", International Journal of Sociology and Social Policy, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJSSP-05-2021-0117
- Phuong, N.Q., Ahmad, M.M. and Venkatesh, S., 2020. International labour migration by women from Vietnam to Taiwan: policy and practice. Development in Practice, 30(8), pp.1005-1015.
- Rutanarugsa, Dararat, and Sundar Venkatesh. 2018. "How do public hospitals respond to environmental change? Evidence from Thailand." Journal for Global Business Advancement, 11(1), pp. 89-109.
- Phuong, N.Q. and Venkatesh, S., 2016. “Does ‘buyer beware’ work in migration? Contracting between brokers and migrants in Vietnam”. International Migration, 54(6), pp. 94-108. https://doi.org/10.1111/imig.12252
- Phuong, N.Q. and Venkatesh, S., 2015. Does migration make financial sense? The case of domestic workers from Vietnam to Taiwan. International Journal of Sociology and Social Policy. Vol. 35 No. 11/12, pp. 722-737. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJSSP-10-2014-0080
- Larsson, C. and Venkatesh, S., 2010. “The importance of government incentives relative to economic fundamentals: The case of software industry in Thailand”. ASEAN Economic Bulletin, pp.312-329.
- Tuan, L.T. and Venkatesh, S., 2010. Organizational culture and technological innovation adoption in private hospitals. International Business Research, 3(3), pp.144-153.
- Lily, J., Venkatesh, S. and Sukserm, T., 2009. Determinants of dividend payout in Thailand. UBU Journal, 11(3), pp.73-81.
- Le, N.T.B., Venkatesh, S. & Nguyen, T.V. Getting bank financing: A study of Vietnamese private firms. Asia Pacific J Manage 23, 209–227 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10490-006-7167-8.
- Carlos, R.M., Gonzales, A.D.C. and Venkatesh, S., 2005. Financing Issues and Options for Renewable Energy Projects in South East Asia. International Energy Journal, 6.
- Venkatesh, S. and Suman, N., 2005. “Does Ownership Structure affect IPO Underpricing? Evidence from Thai IPOs”, Journal of Corporate Ownership and Control, Vol. 3(2)
- Venkatesh, S. 2002 “Stern measures: In conversation with Joel Stern”, Management Review, 13(3).
- Venkatesh, S. 2002. “EVA in practice”, Management Review, April- June, 2002
- Venkatesh, S. and Goswami, R., 1999. Understanding and use of credit rating in India: A survey of individual and institutional investors, IIM Bangalore Research Paper, Vol. 134.
- Venkatesh, S., 1998. “Management education: The view from the Top” Management Review, January – June Issue.
- Venkatesh, S., and Mridula S., 1997. “Accounting for Amalgamations: A survey of practice among Indian Corporates” , Journal of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, December Issue.
- Venkatesh, S. and Mridula S., 1997. “Swelling Sales Volumes: Treating inter divisional transfers as sale: A survey of Indian Corporate Reporting, Journal of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, August Issue.
- Venkatesh, S., 1997. “Voluntary Financial Disclosures: A survey of Literature”, Journal of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, May Issue.
- Venkatesh, S., 1996. “Reflections of a Manager turned Entrepreneur”, Management Review, July – September Issue.
- Venkatesh, S. and Jacob, N. , 1996. “Case method: An effective training tool”, Management Review, April-June Issue.
- Venkatesh, S. , 1996. “Business, Economics and Prosperity: An interview”, Management Review, January – March Issue.
- Venkatesh, S., 1995. “Audit Review of Interim Financial Reports”, Journal of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, March Issue.
- Venkatesh, S., 1994. “Interim Financial Reports: Some observations on their Timeliness”, Journal of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, December Issue.
- Fundamental Accounting Principles, 3rd Edition, John J. Wild, Winston Kwok, Sundar Venkatesh, Ken W. Shaw, McGraw Hill: Singapore, 2021
- Financial and Managerial Accounting (Asian Edition), John Wild, Kwok Chee Chiu Winston and Sundar Venkatesh, McGraw Hill: Singapore, 2nd edition (2014).
- Financial and Managerial Accounting (Asian Edition), John Wild, Kwok Chee Chiu Winston and Sundar Venkatesh, McGraw Hill: Singapore, (2011).
- Financial Reporting and Analysis: An Asian Case Book, Sundar Venkatesh with (Winston Kwok Chee Chiu, National University of Singapore), Pearson/Prentice Hall, 2007.
- Accounting for Management: Text and Cases by S. K. Bhattacharya and John Dearden, revised 3rd Edition by Sundar Venkatesh, 1999.
Book review, book chapter
- Venkatesh, S., 2009. “Corporate Governance in Thailand” in The Changing Face of Management in Thailand, Tim Robbins and Sununta Siengthai (eds), Routledge: UK.
- Venkatesh, S., 2008. Krishna G. Palepu, Paul M. Healy, Victor L. Bernard and Erik Peek, Business analysis and valuation--IFRS edition, Thomson, London, The International Journal of Accounting, 43(4), pp.472-474.
- Professional Masters: A choice for practicing managers
- Is accounting a good occupation to choose in the coming year
- Phuong, N.Q. and Venkatesh, S. 2015. “Measuring exploitation of migrants by intermediaries: A study of migrants from Vietnam to Taiwan”, 110th American Sociological Association meeting, Chicago, USA.
- Venkatesh, S. , 1997. “Voluntary Financial Disclosures: A Case Study of an Indian financial Services company”, European Accounting Association conference, Graz, Austria.
- Venkatesh, S., 2007. “Practice of Corporate Finance in Thailand”, Australasia Finance Conference, Sydney, Australia, December.
- Venkatesh, S., 1997. “Investment grade at the border” (with S. Gupta), Economic Times, October Issue.
- Venkatesh, S., 1997. “Rating the performance of Rating Agencies” (with S. Gupta), Economic Times, July Issue.
- Venkatesh, S. and Y.V.Lakshmi, 1995. “Basking in others glory” Economic Times, September Issue.
- Venkatesh, S., 1995. “Uniformity through Diversity?”, The Business Line, June Issue.