Faculty at School of Humanities and Social Sciences
Development Economics and Health Economics
Ph.D., Economics, University of Missouri-Columbia, USA
M.A., Economics, University of Missouri-Columbia, USA
M.A., Economics, University of Kalyani
Associate Professor, Department of Economics, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Shiv Nadar University, Delhi-NCR
Associate Professor, SRM University, AP
Assistant Professor, Shiv Nadar University, Uttar Pradesh
Assistant Professor, Administrative Staff College of India, Hyderabad
Fellow, Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi
Lead Economist, Comat Technologies, Bangalore and Mumbai
Assistant Professor, Jain Group Institution, Bangalore
Consultant, Mega Ace Consultancy, Mumbai
Teaching Assistant, University of Missouri-Columbia, USA
REVIEWER: World Development, The Journal of Development Studies, Journal of Developing Areas, Development and Change, Journal of Business Economics and Statistics, Journal of Interdisciplinary Economics, Journal of Modeling in Management, and Review of Market Integration
MEMBERSHIP: American Economic Association
- Keeping Girls in Schools Longer: the Kanyashree Approach in India. 2022. (with Dhanushka Thamarapani). 2022. Forthcoming, Feminist Economics.
- Impact of Early Life Shock on Educational Pursuits 'Does a Fade out Co-exist with Persistence' (with Gaurav Dhamija). 2022. Plos One, October, doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0275871
- Lasting Impact on Health through the Lenses of Severity in Earthquake. (with Gaurav Dhamija), 2022. Environment and Development Economics, September, 1-24. doi:10.1017/S1355770X2200016X
- Lasting Impact of Early Life Interventions: Evidence from India's Integrated Child Development Services, 2020. (with Gaurav Dhamija), The Journal of Development Studies, 57(1):106-138, doi: 10.1080/00220388.2020.1762861
- Quota-based Affirmative Action in Higher Education: Impact on Other Backward Classes in India, 2019. (with Rakesh Basant). The Journal of Development Studies, doi: 10.1080/00220388.2019.1573987
- How Much Does Having a Bank Account Help the Poor? 2017. (with Sankar De). The Journal of Development Studies, Sep. Doi: 10.1080/00220388.2017.1355455
- Access to Higher Education in India: An Exploration of its Antecedents. 2014. (with Rakesh Basant). Economic and Political Weekly, 49(51), December 20.
- Parental Education as a Criterion for Affirmative Action in Higher Education, 2014. (with Rakesh Basant). World Development, December. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.worlddev.2014.07.007
- Revisiting the Language Experiment in India: Level Playing or Exacerbating Disparity? (with Bharti Nandwani), Presented at NEUDC 2022 (https://egc.yale.edu/events/neudc-2022), Submitted.
- Conditional cash transfer and women's well-being (With Subarna Banerjee). Submitted.
- Revisiting the Language Experiment in India: Level Playing or Exacerbating Disparity, Presented at The North East Universities Development Consortium (NEUDC) 2022 Conference, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, USA. November. 2022.
- Revisiting the Language Experiment in India: Level Playing or Exacerbating Disparity, Presented at 2022 International Conference on Development Economics (AFEDEV #1), Hosted by CERDI (Universite Clermont Auvergne, CNRS-IRD), 30th of June and 1st of July 2022, Clermont-Ferrand (France), Visit sponsored by the IMF.
- 16th Annual Conference on Economic Growth and Development, at Indian Statistical Institute New Delhi (online). 2021. Presented at the Annual Meeting of the Southern Economic Association, Texas, USA. (online) 2021. Annual Meeting of the Population Association of America. (online) 2021.
- Invited lecture at the South Asian University, New Delhi. 2020.
- Conference on Contemporary Issues in Development Economics, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India. 2019.
- Sustainability and Development Conference in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA (the travel-stay was sponsored by the organizers). 2021.
- Conference by Center for Public Policy-Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, 2018.
- Invited talk at Centre for Studies in Social Sciences, Kolkata. 2018.
- Conference on Health Economics, Essen, Germany. 2018.
- Invited lecture at Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, 2018.
- International conference on Development Economics, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, 2017.
- Invited lecture on symposium in higher education, at Sri Ram College of Commerce, New Delhi. 2017.
- Development Economics conference, University of Gottingen, Germany. 2017.
- Invited talk at Wuppertal University, Germany (partial funding received). Sponsored by Wuppertal University. 2017.
- Conference in KU Leuven, Belgium. 2017.
- National University of Educational Planning and Administration, New Delhi, 2017.
- Econ World Conference, Rome (partial travel grant received). 2016.
- International Conference on Development Economics, Jadavpur University, Kolkata. EconWorld 2016.
- International Conference on Development Economics, Jadavpur University, Kolkata. 2015.
- 11th Annual Conference on Economic Growth and Development, at Indian Statistical Institute - New Delhi, India. 2015.
- Invited discussant at the Workshop on 'Gender violence and curriculum development,' organized by the Harvard South Asia Initiative and Public Health Foundation in India, New Delhi. 2015.