Faculty at School of Engineering
Dr. Sonal focuses on the design of Reliability-Aware novel CMOS logic architectures In-memory computing architecture, spiking neural networks at HKMG and FinFET technologies.
- 2011 Ph.D. IIT Roorkee
- 2006 M. Tech. IIT Roorkee
- 7/19-Present, Associate Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, School of Engineering, Shiv Nadar University, Delhi-NCR
- 2012-19, Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, School of Engineering, Shiv Nadar University, Delhi-NCR
- 2011-12, Assistant Professor, University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun
- 2010 -11 Commonwealth Scholarship as a split-site scholar at Energy & Sustainable Research Division, University of Nottingham, UK.
- 2014 -2017 Young Scientist Award by DST
- 2017 Cadence All India Design Contest Runner Up Award, Cadence Design Systems
- 2018 Awarded best oral presentation and travel grant in iSES-2018 conference, Hyderabad, India
- 2007-10 M.H.R.D. Scholarship for Ph.D. program by MHRD, New Delhi
- 2004-06 M.H.R.D. Scholarship for M. Tech. program by MHRD, New Delhi
- Title: Aging-Aware approach for the design of Novel In-Memory Computing Architecture
Student: Atul Ranjan Srivastava
- Title: Development of energy saving techniques for sensor nodes in IoT applications
- Title: Design and Analysis of Reliability-Aware CMOS Circuits for a Neuromorphic System” by Student: Shaik Jani Babu
- Title: Design and development of Film Bulk Acoustics Wave Resonator for MEMS applications Student: Jyotirmoy Dutta
- S. M. Picardo, S. Jani, N. Goel, S. Singhal, “Enabling efficient rate and temporal coding using reliability- aware design of a neuromorphic circuit” International Journal of Circuit Theory and Applications, vol 50, Issue 12, pp.4234-4250, 2022. (SCI Indexed, IF:2.038)https://doi.org/10.1002/cta.3395
- S. Jani, S. Singhal, S. M. Picardo, N. Goel, “Impact of various NBTI distributions on SRAM performance for FinFET technology”, Integration the VLSI Journal vol 83, Issue 4 pp. 60-66, 2022 (SCI Indexed, IF:1.211)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vlsi.2021.12.005
- S. Jani,, V. S. Aaditiya, S. Singhal, N. Goel, “Reliability-aware design of Neuromorphic Temporal Encoder for Image Recognition” International Journal of Circuit Theory and Applications, vol 50, Issue 4, pp. 1130-1142, 2022 (SCI Indexed, IF:2.038)https://doi.org/10.1002/cta.3209
- Rohit Singh, Amit Kumar Singh, and Sonal Singhal, “Experiments using Arduino: Determination of the Air Quality Index”, Physics Education, IoP Publisher, vol 57, Issue 2, pp.025013, 2022DOI: 10.1088/1361-6552/ac3d22
- S. M. Picardo, S. Jani, N. Goel, S. Singhal, “Integral Impact of PVT variation with NBTI degradation on SRAM dynamic and static performance metrics” International Journal of Electronics, vol 109, Issue 2, pp. 293-316, 2021, (SCI indexed, IF:1.004)https://doi.org/10.1080/00207217.2021.1908628
- S. Jani, S. Singhal, N. Goel, “Analysis of SRAM metrics for data dependent BTI degradation and process variability” Integration the VLSI Journal, vol 72, pp.148-162, 2020, (SCI indexed, IF:1.211)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vlsi.2020.01.006
- S. Singhal, A. K. Chawla, R. Chandra and H. O. Gupta, “Effect of Annealing Temperature and CdCl2 treatment on the Photo conversion efficiency of CdTe/Zn0.1Cd0.9S thin film solar cells”, Bulletin of Materials Science, vol 42, Issue 2, pp.1-7, 2018, (SCI Indexed, IF: 1.783)https://doi.org/10.1007/s12034-018-1658-3
- J. Dutta, A. V. Singh, S. Singhal, and Madhur Deo Upadhayay, “A comparative study on the design and simulation of TFBAR and polyimide TFBAR based RF bandpass filters” Microsystem Technologies, vol 23, Issue 12, pp. 5789-5795, 2017, (SCI Indexed, IF:1.19)https://doi.org/10.1007/s00542-017-3374-0
- A. Kumar, P. Kuchal and , S. Singhal, “Five Stage Telecommunication Switching Design and Synthesis” Wireless Personal Communication, vol 97, Issue 2, pp. 3043-3059, 2017, (SCI indexed, IF: 1.2).https://doi.org/10.1007/s11277-017-4660-y
- J. Dutta, A. V. Singh, S. Singhal, and Madhur Deo Upadhyay, “Design and Simulation of a Zinc Oxide Thin Film Bulk Acoustic Resonator Filter for 2.6 GHz Ban Applications”, IETE Journal of Research, vol.62, Issue-1, pp. 3–8, 2016, (SCI indexed, IF: 1.24). https://doi.org/10.1080/03772063.2015.1062734
- S. Singhal, A. K. Chawla, H. O. Gupta and R. Chandra, “Optical, structural and magnetic properties of Zn0.9Cd0.1S:yCo nanoparticles,”, Journal of Appl Phys A, vol 102, issue 2, pp. 393-399, 2011, (SCI indexed, IF: 1.60)https://doi.org/10.1063/1.3524516
- A. K. Chawla, S. Singhal, H. O. Gupta and R. Chandra, “Study of the physical properties of PLD grown cobalt doped nanocrystalline Zn0.9Cd0.1S thin films”, Thin Solid Films, vol 520, pp. 1437-1441, 2011, (SCI Indexed, IF: 1.939)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsf.2011.09.013
- S. Singhal, A. K. Chawla, H. O. Gupta and R. Chandra, “Optical properties of Zn1-CdxS nanoparticles in the quantum confinement regime”, Current Nanoscience, vol 6, issue 1, pp. 94-98, 2010, (SCI indexed: 1.824)DOI: 10.2174/157341310790226289
- S. Singhal, A. K. Chawla,, S. Nagar, H. O. Gupta and R. Chandra, “Photoluminescence measurements in the phase transition region of Zn1-xCdxS films”, Journal of Nanoparticle Research, vol 12, issue 4, pp. 1415-1421, 2010 (SCI indexed: 2.127)https://doi.org/10.1007/s11051-009-9687-x
- S. Singhal, A. K. Chawla, H. O. Gupta and R. Chandra, “Effect of Laser Flux Density on ZnCdS Thin Films”, Thin Solid Film, vol 518, pp. 1402-1406, 2009 (SCI indexed: 1.939)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsf.2009.09.115
- A. K. Chawla, S. Singhal, H. O. Gupta and R. Chandra, “Influence of nitrogen doping on the sputter deposited WO3 Films”, Thin Solid Films, vol. 518, issue 5, pp. 1430-1433, 2009 (SCI indexed: 1.939).https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsf.2009.09.060
- S. Singhal, A. K. Saxena and S. Dasgupta, “Estimation of various scattering parameters and 2- DEG from electron mobility calculations in the three conduction bands Г, L and X of Gallium Arsenide”, Pramana (Ind Acd of Sci) Vol 69, issue 4, pp. 687-694, 2007, (SCI indexed: 1.185).https://www.ias.ac.in/article/fulltext/pram/069/04/0687-0692b
- S. R. Kumar and S. Singhal, "Implementation of Neuron Astrocyte Interaction Dynamics," 2023 IEEE 8th International Conference for Convergence in Technology (I2CT), Lonavla, India, 2023, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/I2CT57861.2023.10126497.
- Nagabandi Chandana, Karlapati Sindhu, Taduvai Sai Saketh, Sonal Singhal, and Rohit Singh, Solar Powered IoT Enabled Garden Watering System, 4th International Conference on Internet of Things (ICIoT 2023), Chennai, India, April 26-28, 2023.
- J. B. Shaik, S. Singhal, S. M. Picardo, and N. Goel presented a research paper on " Impact of Reliability Issues and Process Variability in Neuromorphic Circuits” in The tenth edition of IEEE Region 10 Symposium 2022 (TENSYMP 2022) held in Mumbai, India during 1st – 3rd July 2022, organized by IEEE Mumbai Section, IIT Mumbai.
- S. M. Picardo, J. B. Shaik, S. Singhal, and N. Goel presented a research paper on “Device Reliability Affecting Coding Schemes in Neuromorphic Circuits” in The tenth edition of IEEE Region 10 Symposium 2022 (TENSYMP 2022) held in Mumbai, India during 1st – 3rd July 2022, organized by IEEE Mumbai Section, IIT Mumbai.
- Aadithya VS, Jani Babu Shaik, S. Singhal, and S. M. Picardo, N. Goel, “Design and Mathematical Modelling of Inter Spike Interval of Temporal Neuromorphic Encoder for Image Recognition”, IEEE 5th International Conference on Emerging Electronics (ICEE) 2020, IIT Delhi.
- P. K Gill, S. B. Jani, S. Singhal, and N.Goel, Jani Babu Shaik et al., “Investigating the impact of BTI and HCI on log-domain based Mihalas-Niebur Neuron circuit”, MoSICom 2020, BITS Pilani Dubai.
- P. K Gill, S. B. Jani, S. Singhal, and N.Goel, “FPGA implementation of Random Feature Mapping in ELM algorithm for binary classification”, MoSICom 2020, BITS Pilani Dubai.
- S. M. Picardo, S. B. Jani, S. Sahni, S. Singhal, N.Goel, “Analyzing the Impact of NBTI and Process Variability on Dynamic SRAM Metrics Under Temperature Variations”, MoSICom 2020, BITS Pilani Dubai.
- S. B. Jani, S.P. Chaudhari, S. Singhal, and N. Goel, “Analyzing Impact of NBTI and Time-Zero Variability on Dynamic SRAM Metrics”, 2018 INDICON, Coimbatore, 2018, BITS Pilani Dubai.
- S. P. Chaudhari, S. B. Jani, S. Singhal, and N. Goel, “Correlation of Dynamic and Static Metrics of SRAM Cell under Time-Zero Variability and after NBTI Degradation”, IEEE iSES, Hyderabad, 2018
- S. Singhal, A. K. Chawla and R. Chandra “Effect of thermal treatment on the efficiency of dry CdCl2 treated CdTe/Zn0.1Cd0.9S thin film solar cells” 5 th International Conference on Nanotechnology, STEMCON-16, March 12-15, 2016 Aligarh Muslim University.
- J. Dutta, A. V. Singh, S. Singhal, M. D. Upadhayay, “MBVD Equivalent Model of a ZnO/Al Based Film Bulk Acoustic Resonator for Microwave Filter Applications” Seventh ISSS International Conference on Smart Materials Structures and Systems ISSS 2014, July 08-11, 2014, IISC Bangalore
- J. Dutta, A. V. Singh, S. Singhal and , M. D. Upadhayay, “Study on Design and Simulation of Mo/AlN based Film Bulk Acoustic Resonator for RF Filter Applications” International Conference on Metallurgical Coatings and Thin Films, to be held April 28 through May 2, 2014 in San Diego, CA, USA.
- R. Singh and S. Singhal “Design of Vth based voltage reference generators at 45 nm technology” 9th International IEEE Conference on Industrial and Information Systems, 2014 ABV-IIITM Gwalior, India
- S. Singhal, R. Singh and A. K. Singh “Design of a sub-0.4 v reference circuit in 0.18μm cmos technology presented at Male, Maldives 6th International Conference on Advanced Computer Theory and Engineering (ICACTE 2013), 16 to 18 August, 2013.
- Kumar, P. Kuchhal, S. Singhal, “ Network on Chip for DTMF Decoder and TDM Switching in Telecommunication Network with HDL Environment” published by IEEE XPlorer Doi: 10.1109/IAdCC.2013.6514464, Year (2013)
- S. Singhal, A. K. Chawla, H. O. Gupta and R. Chandra, “Effect of laser fluence on optical properties of ZnCdS thin films,” International Conference on Metallurgical Coatings and Thin Films, (ICMCTF) held in San Diego, California, USA (April 27-May 01, 2009)
- K. Chawla, S. Singhal, H. O. Gupta and R. Chandra, “Structural and Photoluminescence properties of ZnCdS films deposited by Pulsed Laser Ablation,” International Workshop on Nanotechnology and Advance Functional Materials, held at National Chemical laboratory, Pune, India (July 09-July 11, 2009)
- Title: Efficiency enhancement of RF- sputtered CdTe thin film solar cells by improving the junction interface properties
- Involvement: PI
- Funding Agency: Fast Track scheme, DST, New Delhi.
- Amount Sanctioned: INR 6.7 Lacs
- Duration: 3 Years
- Start Date: April 2014
- Completion Date: September 2017