Faculty at School of Natural Sciences
Materials Chemistry and Polymer Chemistry
D. Phil., Oxford University
M.Tech., IIT Delhi
Professor, Department of Chemistry, School of Natural Sciences, Shiv Nadar University, Delhi-NCR
Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry, School of Natural Sciences, Shiv Nadar University, Delhi-NCR
Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, School of Natural Sciences, Shiv Nadar IoE, Delhi-NCR
Assistant Professor, Ramjas College, University of Delhi, Delhi, India
Assistant Manager, Seigwerk India Private Limited, Bhiwadi, Rajasthan
Guest Faculty, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, Delhi, India
Guest Faculty, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, Delhi, India
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Nottingham, UK
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Oxford, UK
Retained Lecturer, Wadham College, University of Oxford, UK
- Nominated as a Fellow of Royal Science of Chemistry (FRSC), Jan 2021
- Member of the Subject Expert Committee (SEC) on Chemical Sciences under Women Scientists Scheme-A (WOS-A), Department of Science and Technology (DST) 2021-2024
- Selected with fellowship for Executive Leadership Academy (ELA) in India by UC Berkeley in collaboration with the Shiv Nadar University, 2021
- 15-19 November 2021 Organizing Committee member for Asima Chatterjee special session (21st Dec) in the 58th Annual Convention of Chemists 2021, the Indian Chemical Society (ICS), December 21-24, 2021
- Awarded CRSI (Chemical Research Society of India) Bronze Award 2021 for outstanding achievements in research in National Symposium in Chemistry (NSC-27) 26th - 30th September 2021
- Member of National Advisory Committee, Asian Polymer Association (APA), July 2021
- Awarded as the first Most Creative Research Award in 4th International Symposium on Polybenzoxazines, Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST), 31st May-4th June 2021
- Keynote speaker, Emergence of Sustainable Benzoxazine Frameworks: A New Story with Greener Future, in Green forum, 4th International conference ISPBZ 2021 in Luxembourg (31st May-4th June 2021), https://www.ispbz2020.lu/programme/keynote-speakers/ Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST, https://www.ispbz2021.lu/
- Research Excellence Award, Shiv Nadar University, Delhi-NCR, 2021
- Chief Executive member of Sustainability Forum in Asian Polymer Association (APA) https://asianpolymer.org/, since Oct 2020
- Awarded for outstanding achievements "Distinguished alumna award 2020", Maitreyi College, University of Delhi, 16th June 2020
- Invited speaker for International Webinar on COVID-19 and 3Ls: Lives, Livelihood and Lockdown, Talked about "Research Then, Now and in Future", held on 26th April, 2020 organized under e-Saanidhy: 2020, Maitreyi College, University of Delhi
- Keynote speaker, Ch. Chhotu Ram (PG) College, Mujjaffar Nagar, Uttar Pradesh, Green Chemistry Workshop, 18th Feb 2020
- Invited speaker, "Knowledge Clique" session as a knowledge management initiative, to talk on the best practices and learning in designing experiments on nanodrug delivery vehicles, 14th November 2019, Dr. Reddy's, Hyderabad
- Invited for a panel discussion titled, "My Journey: In and After Maitreyi", Maitreyi Alumni Association, 16th October 2019
- BIRAC-SRISTI: GYTI 2019 (Gandhian Young Technological Innovation) award, Team: Deepika Kannan, Nisha Yadav, Guide: Dr. Shailja Singh, Dr. Bimlesh Lochab, Dr. Soumya Pati, Modernization of traditional anti-malarial drug artesunate via Nanomedicine approach, 6th July 2019, Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi, award from Honorable Vice-President of India, Shri Venkaiah Naidu
- ACS Publications award as certificate for recognition for ACS Reviewing activity, 2018
- Invitation to become as a member in Expert Committee on Bibliometrics, DST, 2nd meeting, September 20-21, 2018 at University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
- Invited to give a lecture and followed by a discussion to evolve guidelines regarding predatory journals in India. ACS invitation, Invited Lecture in the Young Talents and Upcoming Investigators, "The Third International Symposium on Polybenzoxazines: Towards Diamond Jubilee of Benzoxazine Chemistry." auspices of The Division of Polymeric Materials Science and Engineering (PMSE), The American Chemical Society, New Orleans, Louisiana in March 18-22, 2018. ACS invitation for Presiding first session in American Chemical Society 255th ACS, New Orleans, Louisiana in March 18-22, 2018
- Invitation to contribute an article to Regional - INDIA Themed Issue of Green Materials, Thomas Reuters, 2017. International Travel support Grant from DST to attend conference in London, UK, Li-SM3 conference on energy storage devices to give oral presentation 2017
- Outstanding contribution in Reviewing, Electrochimica Acta, Elsevier, Nov 2016
- Plenary lecture, Biopolymers & Green Composites- BPGC 2016, 4th in series, on 29th & 30th September 2016 at Hotel Beaumonde The Fern, Ernakulam South, Cochi, Kerala
- Judge for "Symposium" for RYAN SCIENTIFIC MILIEU 2016, 23rd August 2016
- ACS invitation for Chairing session in American Chemical Society ACS, Green Benzoxazine monomers and polymers section, Indianapolis, 2013
- Member of American Chemical Society, ACS 2013-17 (Chaired session in ACS, Benzoxazine section) DST, International Travel support Grant to attend conference in China, World Congress on Engineering and Technology (CET2012) to give oral presentation 2012
- Invited Speaker, at Institute of Engineers India, Safety Convention at Hotel Le Meridien from 9-11 August, 2012 (Best Speaker Appreciation) Certificate of Appreciation in organizing the Star College Workshop (Ramjas College, University of Delhi), Dec 2011
- Best Poster award, University of Delhi (NWREE), 2010 Young Scientist Award, Department of Science & Technology (DST), 2009-2013
- Editorial and Academic Board Member, NanoTrends Journal, since Aug 2009
- Fellowship from C. R. Barber Trust Fund, Travel fellowship, IoP, UK, 2005
- Member of Institute of Physics (IoP), 2005-2006
- Member of Polymer Physics group, 2005-2006
- Felix Scholarship for pursuing D.Phil., UK, 2002-2005
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Junior Research Fellowship, 1999
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, University Grant Commission - National Eligibility Test, 1999
- All India Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (Chemistry), 93.92 percentile, 1999
- Qualified Subject GRE (AGRE) in Chemistry with a Formula Score 86, 1999
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship, IITD, 1997-1999
- Certificate of Merit for standing 1st in B. Sc. (Hons.) Chemistry, 1997
- Radha Sai Ram Memorial prize, Best Student in Chemistry, B. Sc. (Hons.) Chemistry, 1995
- Membership of ACS (since 2013), CRSI (Lifetime) and the Society for Polymer Science India (SPS, Lifetime) and APA (Lifetime)
- Samadhan S. Nagane, Sachin S. Kuhire, Amol B. Ichake, Aniket A. Talanikar, Bimlesh Lochab* and Prakash P. Wadgaonkar Synthesis, Characterization and UV-Crosslinking of Aromatic (Co)polycarbonates Bearing Pendant Azido Groups, ChemistrySelect, 2022, 7 (36), e202201020.
- Sangeeta Sahu and Bimlesh Lochab, Facile Strategy for Room Temperature Knitting of Sulfur in Polybenzoxazine: A New Class of Solution Processable Copolymers, ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng., 2022, 10, 37, 12355-12364. 10.1021/acssuschemeng.2c03633.
- Vishnu S. Mishra, Sachin Patil, Puli Chandramouli Reddy,* and Bimlesh Lochab,* Combinatorial therapy of CPI444 and Vatalanib loaded on PEGylated Graphene Oxide: Effective Nanoformulation to Target Glioblastoma Multiforme, Frontiers in Oncology (Section Pharmacology of Anti-Cancer Drugs, Front. Oncol. 2022, p4154, doi: 10.3389/fonc.2022.953098
- Sachin Patil, Vishnu S. Mishra, Nisha Yadav, Puli Chandramouli Reddy, and Bimlesh Lochab,1, Dendrimer Functionalized Nanodiamonds as Safe and Efficient Drug Carrier for Cancer Therapy: Nucleus Penetrating Nanoparticles, ACS Appl. Bio Mater., 2022, 5, 7, 3438-3451. 10.1021/acsabm.2c00373 (Equal contribution).
- Sourav Mukherjee, and Bimlesh Lochab, Synthesis and thermal behaviour of thiophene-based oxazine-ring substituted benzoxazine monomers & polymers, ChemComm, 2022, 58, 3609-3612. (DOI: 10.1039/D2CC00043A) Highlighted as the cover page.
- Divambal Appavoo, Komal Bhardwaj, Samarendra P. Singh, Emmanuel N. Koukaras, Rachana Kumar, and Bimlesh Lochab, Covalently linked benzothiadiazole-fullerene adducts for organic optoelectronic devices: Synthesis and characterization, RSC Adv., 2022. (under revision).
- Rashmi Niranjan, Saad Zafar, Bimlesh Lochab,* and Richa Priyadarshini,* Synthesis and characterization of sulfur and sulfur-selenium nanoparticles loaded on reduced graphene oxide and their antibacterial activity against gram-positive pathogens, Nanomaterials, 2022, 12, 191. https://doi.org/10.3390/nano12020191. (& Equal contribution, * corresponding authors).
- Sourav Mukherjee, Nagarjuna Amarnath, Malavika Ramkumar, and Bimlesh Lochab, Catechin and furfurylamine derived biobased benzoxazine with latent-catalyst effect, Macromol. Chem. Phys. 2022, 2100458 (special invitation). 2.527 2021.
- Sourav Mukherjee, Nagarjuna Amarnath, and Bimlesh Lochab, Oxazine-Ring Substituted 4th Generation Benzoxazine Monomers & Polymers: Stereo-electronic Effect of Phenyl Substituents on Thermal Properties, Macromolecules, 2021, 54, 21, 10001-10016, doi.org/10.1021/acs.macromol.1c01582. (IF 5.985).
- Monisha Monisha, Sangeeta Sahu, and Bimlesh Lochab, Self-polymerization Promoting Monomers: In Situ Transformation of Disulfide-linked Benzoxazines to Thiazolidine structure, Biomacromolecules, 2021, 22, 10, 4408-4421 doi.org/10.1021/acs.biomac.1c00981. 6.988.
- Barla Rajkumar, Bimlesh Lochab, Anupam Agrawal, Amaresh Mishra, Muhammed L. Keshtov and Ganesh D. Sharma, Incorporation of a small molecule guest donor enables efficient non-fullerene acceptor-based ternary organic solar cells, Solar RRL, Wiley, 2021, 5 (9), p. 2100402. (IF 9.173).
- Nagarjuna Amarnath, Sourav Mukherjee and Bimlesh Lochab, Understanding the Stereochemical Effect on the Properties of Emerging Thermosets: Sustainable Polybenzoxazines, ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng. 2021, 9, 22, 7550-7560.
- Bimlesh Lochab*, Monisha Monisha, Nagarjuna Amarnath, Pratibha Sharma, Sourav Mukherjee and Hatsuo Ishida*, Review on the Accelerated and Low-Temperature Polymerization of Benzoxazine Resins: Addition Polymerizable Sustainable Polymers, Polymers 2021, 13(8), 1260; https://doi.org/10.3390/polym13081260.
- Nisha Yadav, Monisha Monisha, Rashmi Niranjan, Amrita Dubey, Sachin Patil, Richa Priyadarshini*, Bimlesh Lochab*, Antibacterial performance of fully bio-based chitosan-grafted-polybenzoxazine films: Elaboration and properties of released material, Carbohydr. Polym. 2021, 254, 117296. 2020.
- Nisha Yadav, Deepika Kannan, Sachin Patil, Shailja Singh* and Bimlesh Lochab*, Amplified activity of artesunate mediated by iron oxide nanoparticles loaded on graphene oxide carrier for cancer therapeutics, ACS Appl. Bio Mater. 2020, 3, 10, 6722-6736.
- Divambal Appavoo*, Nagarjuna Amarnath*, Bimlesh Lochab, Cardanol and Eugenol Sourced Sustainable Non-Halogen Flame Retardants for Enhanced Stability of Renewable Polybenzoxazines, Front. Chem. 2020, 30 September 2020 | https://doi.org/10.3389/fchem.2020.00711. *equal contribution.
- Monisha Monisha, Preetham P, Arnab Ghosh, Ajit Kumar, Saad Zafar, Sagar Mitra* and Bimlesh Lochab*, Halogen-free flame-retardant sulfur copolymers with stable Li-S battery performance, Energy Storage Mater., 2020, 29, 350-360.
- Barla Rajkumar, Lubna Khanam, Emmanuel N. Koukaras, Ganesh D. Sharma, Samarendra P. Singh, Bimlesh Lochab, Cardanol- and guaiacol-sourced solution-processable green small molecule-based organic solar cells. ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng., 2020, 8, 15, 5891-5902, https://doi.org/10.1021/acssuschemeng.9b07600. 2019.
- Nagarjuna Amarnath, Swapnil Shukla and Bimlesh Lochab, Isomannide derived chiral rigid fully biobased polybenzoxazines ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng., 2019, 7, 22, 18700-18710, https://doi.org/10.1021/acssuschemeng.9b05305.
- Nisha Yadav, V. Kallur, D. Chakraborty, P. Johari, Bimlesh Lochab, Control of Functionalities in GO: Effect of Bronsted acids as Supported by Ab-initio Simulations and Experiments. ACS Omega, 2019, 45, 9407-9418 (http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acsomega.9b00676). (ACS live presentation. http://pubs.acs.org/doi/suppl/10.1021/acsomega.9b00676).
- Nisha Yadav, Bimlesh Lochab, A comparative study of Graphene Oxide: Hummers, Intermediate and Improved method. Flat Chem.: Chemistry of flat materials 2019, 13, 40-49.
- Monisha Monisha, Nisha Yadav, Bimlesh Lochab, Sustainable framework of chitosan-benzoxazine with mutual benefits: Low curing temperature, and improved thermal and mechanical properties, ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng., 2019, 7, 4, 4473-4485 DOI: 10.1021/acssuschemeng.8b06515.
- Kumar, N. #, Yadav#, N., Amarnath#, N., V. Sharma#, S. Shukla, A. Srivastava, P. Prasad, A. K. Singh, S. Garg, S. Singh*, S. Sehrawat*, B. Lochab*, Integrative Natural Medicine Inspired Graphene Nanovehicle-Benzoxazine derivatives as Potent Therapy for Cancer, Mol. Cell. Biochem. 2019 Apr; 454(1-2):123-138. # Equal contribution.
- D. Kannan, Nisha Yadav, S. Ahmed, P. Namdev, S. Bhattacharya, Bimlesh Lochab* and S. Singh*, Pre-clinical study of Iron oxide nanoparticles fortified Artesunate for efficient targeting of malarial parasite. EBioMedicine 2019, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ebiom.2019.06.026, (Published by THE LANCET) *corresponding authors 2017-18.
- Monisha Monisha, Nagarjuna Amarnath, Sourav Mukherjee, Bimlesh Lochab, Cardanol Benzoxazines: A Versatile Monomer with Advancing Applications, 2018, Macromol. Chem. Phys., https://doi.org/10.1002/macp.201800470. (IF 2.492). (Hot Topic: Batteries and Supercapacitors,15 December 2018, Top downloaded paper 2018-2019).
- Nagarjuna Amarnath, Swapnil Shukla, and Bimlesh Lochab, Harvesting the benefits of inherent reactive functionalities in fully bio-sourced isomeric benzoxazines, ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng., 2018, 6 (11), 15151-15161, DOI: 10.1021/acssuschemeng.8b03631.
- Nisha Yadav, Naveen Kumar, Peeyush Prasad, Shivani Shirbhate, Seema Sehrawat, Bimlesh Lochab. Stable dispersions of covalently tethered PEG-PAMAM-Graphene oxide Nanoconjugates as an effective payload for siRNA for Breast Cancer Therapy. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2018, 10 (17), 14577-14593.
- Vijeta Sharma; Nagarjuna Amarnath; Swapnil Shukla; R Ayana; Nisha Yadav; Deepika Kannan; Naveen Kumar; Seema Sehrawat; Soumya Pati; B. Lochab*, S. Singh*, Benzoxazine derivatives of phytophenols show anti-plasmodial activity via sodium homeostasis disruption, Bioorg. Medicin. Chem. Lett. 2018, 28(9), 1629-1637, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bmcl.2018.03.047.
- Monisha, Monisha; Yadav, Nisha, Srivastava, Shashi; Singh, Samarendra; Lochab, Bimlesh, Sustainable one-step strategy towards low temperature curable superparamagnetic composite based on smartly designed Iron nanoparticles and cardanol benzoxazine, J. Mater. Chem. A, 2018, 6, 2555-2567.
- N. Amarnath, D. Appavoo, Bimlesh Lochab, Eco-friendly halogen-free flame retardant cardanol polyphosphazene polybenzoxazine networks, ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng., 2018, 6 (1), 389-402.
- Monisha, S. Shukla, Bimlesh Lochab, Nanoparticles as curing and adhesive aid for biobased and petrobased polybenzoxazines, Green Mat., 2017, 5(2), 2017, pp. 94-102. (Themed issue on latest advances from India) DOI: 10.1680/JGRMA.17.00004.
- Arnab Ghosh, Swapnil Shukla, Monisha, Ajit Kumar, Bimlesh Lochab*, and Sagar Mitra*, Sulfur Co-polymer a New Cathode Structure for Room Temperature Sodium-Sulfur Batteries, ACS Energy Lett., 2017, 2 (10), 2478-2485. *corresponding authors.
- Nisha Yadav, A. Dubey, S. Shukla, C. P. Saini, G. Gupta, R. Priyadarshini, B. Lochab, Graphene Oxide Coated Surface: Inhibition of bacterial biofilm formation due to specific surface-interface chemical interactions, ACS Omega, 2017, 2 (7), 3070-3082. 2016-2014.
- Pratibha Sharma, Manju Srivastava, B. Lochab, Devendra Kumar, Arunachalam Ramanan, and Prasun Kumar Roy, Metal-Organic Frameworks as curing accelerators for benzoxazines, ChemistrySelect, 2016, 3924-3932.
- S. Shukla, A. Ghosh, P. K. Roy, S. Mitra and B. Lochab, Cardanol benzoxazines - a sustainable linker for elemental sulphur based copolymers via inverse vulcanization, Polymer 2016, 99, 349-357.
- S. Shukla and B. Lochab, Role of higher aromatic content in modulating properties of cardanol based benzoxazines, Polymer 2016, 99, 684-694.
- Arnab Ghosh, Swapnil Shukla, Gaganpreet Singh Khosla, Bimlesh Lochab & Sagar Mitra, Sustainable Sulfur-rich Copolymer/Graphene Composite as Lithium-Sulfur Battery Cathode with Excellent Electrochemical Performance, Sci. Rep. 2016, 6, 1-13.
- Swapnil Shukla, Manorama Tripathi, Arup Mahata, Biswarup Pathak, Bimlesh Lochab, Kinetics behind a strategy for modulation of sustainable benzoxazines: Experimental study and its theoretical verification, Macromol. Chem. Phys., 2016, 217, 1342-1353. Highlighted as cover page.
- Swapnil Shukla, Arnab Ghosh, Uttam Kumar Sen, Prasun Kumar Roy, Sagar Mitra, Bimlesh Lochab, Cardanol benzoxazine-Sulfur Copolymers for Li-S batteries: Symbiosis of Sustainability and Performance, ChemistrySelect, 2016, 1, 594-600.
- Pratibha Sharma, Bimlesh Lochab, Devendra Kumar, Prasun Kumar Roy, Sustainable bis-benzoxazines from cardanol and PET derived terephthalamides, ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng., 2016, 4 (3), 1085-1093.
- Swapnil Shukla, Arup Mahata, Biswarup Pathak and Bimlesh Lochab, Cardanol benzoxazines interplay of oxazine functionality (mono to tetra) and properties, RSC Adv., 2015, 5, 78071-78080.
- Pratibha Sharma, Bimlesh Lochab, Devendra Kumar, Prasun Kumar Roy, Interfacial encapsulation of biobased benzoxazines in epoxy shells for temperature triggered healing, J. Appl. Polym. Sci. 2015, 132, 42832, DOI: 10.1002/APP.42832.
- Pratibha Sharma, Swapnil Shukla, Bimlesh Lochab, Devendra Kumar, Prasun Kumar Roy, Microencapsulated cardanol derived benzoxazines for self-healing applications, Mater. Lett. (2014), 133, 266-268.
- Bimlesh Lochab, Swapnil Shukla and Indra K. Varma, Naturally occurring phenolic sources: Monomers and Polymers, RSC Adv., 2014, 4, 21712-21752.
- Ann-Christine Albertsson, Indra K. Varma, Bimlesh Lochab, Anna Finne Wistrand, Sangeeta Sahu and Kamlesh Kumar; Chapter 4 Design and synthesis of different types of poly(lactic acid)/polylactide copolymers, in Poly(lactic acid): Synthesis, Properties, Processing and Applications, 2021, Eds. Rafael A. Auras, Loong-Tak Lim, Susan E. M. Selke, and Hideto Tsuji, John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 2022, https://doi.org/10.1002/9781119767480.ch4
- Sunanda Sukumar, Bimlesh Lochab, "A Manual in Chemistry", Lab-manual from UG Chemistry labs, Studium Press (India) Pvt. Ltd., 2017, ISBN: 978-93-80012-90-2. (Book).
- Swapnil Shukla, Nisha Yadav, and Bimlesh Lochab, Cardanol based benzoxazines and their applications, Advanced and Emerging Polybenzoxazine Science and Technology, H. Ishida, and P. Froimowicz Ed., Elsevier, Amsterdam (2017), Chapter 24, pp 451-470, ISBN: 978-0-12-804170-3.
- Swapnil Shukla and Bimlesh Lochab, Lignin based phenols: Potential feedstock for renewable benzoxazines, Advanced and Emerging Polybenzoxazine Science and Technology, H. Ishida and P. Froimowicz Ed., Elsevier, Amsterdam (2017) Chapter 25, pp 473-496, ISBN: 978-0-12-804170-3.
- Ann-Christine Albertsson, Indra K. Varma, Bimlesh Lochab, Anna Finne Wistrand and Kamlesh Kumar; Design and Synthesis of Different Types of Poly(Lactic Acid), in 'Poly(lactic acid): Synthesis, Properties, Processing and Applications', 2010, Eds. Rafael A. Auras, Loong-Tak Lim, Susan E. M. Selke, and Hideto Tsuji, John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 2010, Chapter 4, pp. 43-55, ISBN: 978-0-470-29366-9.
- Interviewed DD News for Tejaswini 11 June, 2022.
- Indian Express interviewed and cited B. Lochab, The Indian Express, on Women's Day, 8th March 2022.
- Newspapers cited B. Lochab, becomes 2nd Indian Woman Scientist Elected as Fellow of Royal Society of Chemistry, 17th Feb 2022.
- Newspapers cited B. Lochab, Green Chemistry work on Li-S battery, PTI, 24th Aug 2020.
- Newspapers cited B. Lochab, Green Chemistry Symposium, Uttar Pradesh, 19th Feb 2020.
- Invited as an expert for a recording programme for Panel discussion, Vigyan Prasar, Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India, 24th October 2019. https://www.indiascience.in/videos/rechargeable-duniya-h
- Newspaper cited B. Lochab, Green Chemistry in Hindustan Magazine, Uttar Pradesh, 27th Feb 2017.
- Invited talk, "27th ISCB International Conference (ISCBC-2022)" jointly organized by Indian Society of Chemists and Biologists (ISCB) and Department of Chemistry, BIT-Mesra, held at BIT Mesra, Ranchi, November 16-19, 2022.
- Invited talk, "2nd International conference on Green & Sustainable Chemistry Conference (GSCC-2022)" sponsored by Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB) - Department of Science and Technology India, Indian Oil R&D Center Faridabad and Royal Society of Chemistry, Nov 17-19, 2022.
- Invited talk, "The Science Seminars", Azim Premji University, Bengaluru, Nov 18, 2022.
- Invited talk, "Science and Technology of Polymers and Advanced Materials through Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Industry: SPSI-MACRO-2022, hosted by CSIR- National Chemical laboratory, Indian Institute of Science Education, and Research, Pune, SP Pune University and NCL Research Foundation, November 2-4, 2022.
- Invited talk in the 3rd International Conference on Polymer Science and Composite Materials, Rome 3-5 October 2022.
- Invited lecture in FDP programme on 27th July 2022, Department of Chemistry, SRM - Easwari Engineering College, 25th-30th 2022.
- Guest Speaker, Battery India 2022, June 20-22, 2022, Bengaluru, India, International Conference, Flame-resistant high-performance metal-sulfur battery based on waste-sourced materials.
- Invited as a commentator for a presentation on the topic, "The Promise of Green Chemistry." Presented by Hon. Mike Lancaster, Head of Innovation and Events at the Chemical Industries Association in the 28th International Conference on the Unity of the Sciences (ICUS XXVIII), under the theme, Investigating Pathways to Resolve Environmental Challenges, sponsored by the Hyo Jeong International Foundation for the Unity of the Sciences (HJIFUS), a nonprofit founded by Rev. Dr. Hak Ja Han Moon, April 13-14, 2022, Washington, DC, USA.
- Invited talk, (Chemistry) meet, by CRSI (Chemical Research Society of India), Manali, 20-22nd March, 2022.
- Invited talk, in National Symposium in Chemistry (NSC-27) 2021 by CRSI (Chemical Research Society of India) 26th-30th September 2021.
- Invited talk, "Advances in Green Chemistry and Sustainable Technology" on 29th September 2021, organized by Dnyanprassarak Mandal's College and Research Centre, Assagao-Goa, INDIA.
- Invited talk, Young Scientists Conclave on 07-08 August, (YSC-2021) in an International Seminar entitled "Recent Advances in Chemistry and Material Science in Young Scientists Conclave on 07-08 Aug, 2021 (YSC-2021)" organized by Indian Chemical Society to commemorate 160th Birth Anniversary of Acharya P. C. Ray.
- Invited talk, International Conference on Polymer Science & Composite Materials 07-08 July 2021, Bucharest, Romania.
- Awarded as the first Most Creative Research Award in 4th International Symposium on Polybenzoxazines, Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST), 31st May-4th June 2021.
- Keynote speaker Emergence of Sustainable Benzoxazine Frameworks: A New Story with Greener Future, in Green forum, 4th International conference ISPBZ 2021 in Luxembourg (31st May-4th June 2021), https://www.ispbz2020.lu/programme/keynote-speakers/ Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST, https://www.ispbz2021.lu/
- Invited talk on Asian Polymer Association (APA) - Sustainability Forum on Sustainable Polymers for Energy Sector : Indian Scenario, Webinar, April 24, 2021.
- Invited speaker and panelist member for National Resource Centre for Education (NRCE), National Institute of Educational Planning and Administration (NIEPA) under the Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching (PMMMNMTT), 11th February 2021.
- Molecular characterization of methicillin-resistant staphylococci from urban wastewater in Delhi-NCR and their susceptibility towards synthesized hybrid nanomaterials, A possible water purification strategy Prof. Kasturi Mukhopadhyay (JNU), Dr. Bimlesh Lochab (Co-PI), Prof. Sneha Sudha Komath (JNU Co-PI), Indian Council of Medical Research for Grant-In-Aid of Ad-Hoc Research Project, Approved.
- Oxazine-Ring Substituted Benzoxazine Monomers: Alternative Sustainable 4th Generation Polybenzoxazines, PI Bimlesh Lochab, SERB-POWER Grant, ~ 22,79,332 Lakhs, 3 years Approved.
- Synthesis and exploration of Polybenzoxazines (PBZs) resins as an alternative to traditional phenolic resin in friction materials- A possible breakthrough, PI: Prof. J. Bijwe, HoD, ITMMEC, IIT, Delhi Co-PI: Bimlesh Lochab, Core Research Grant (DST-SERB, CRG/20l9/000107), Rs. 65.7184 L (SNU share 21.49840 lacs), 2 years (09 March 2020-29th July 2022).
- Novel Composite Polymeric Adhesives based on fibers and nano-fillers for joining metals, Rs. 26.6 Lakhs, CSIR 22(0786)19/CI/EMR-II (1.11.2019 to 31-10-2022).
- Development of new Mg-S Battery Chemistry and Electrodes through Synthesis, Characterization, and Simulations, Rs. 74.39520 Lakhs, DST, MES (started in 2018), 3 years, 3rd Dec 2021 (completed).
- Organic-inorganic hybrid-based perovskite materials and their PV devices, Rs. 20.0 Lakhs, GE India Technology Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore 2017, CoPI.
- Halogen free flame retardant (FR) polybenzoxazine (PBz) resins based on Agricultural biomass, Rs. 28.64 Lakhs, DST-SERB 2014, PI DST, FSER, No. SB/FTP/ETA-0069/2014.
- Biobased polybenzoxazine resins synthesized from agricultural biomass for composite applications, Rs. 18.64 Lakhs (DST 2014, PI (DST, EMRF, SB/S5/GC-05/2014).
- Benzoxazine monomers and pre-polymers as self-healing agents for epoxy resins, Rs. 9.9 Lakhs, DRDO, 2014, PI (DRDO, CFEES/TCP/EnSG/CARS/18/2014).
- Synthesis of polybenzoxazines derivatives for application as binders in friction materials for brake-pads, Rs. 23 Lakhs, DST 2010, Young Scientist Award (Excellent grade).
- Rajkumar Barla, Nagarjuna Amarnath, Lubna Khanam, Samarendra Pratap Singh and Bimlesh Lochab, Biofeedstock-derived functional groups based organic semiconductors and synthesis thereof, Indian Patent Application No.: 202111012988 dt. March 25, 2021. Ind. Pat. Appl. E-137/10195/2021/DEL.
- Burn P. L., Lochab B., Charge separation polymers for photovoltaic cells. PCT Int. Appl. (2007), 29pp. WO 2007012844 A2 20070201 CAN 146:209729 AN 2007:118131.
- Varma I. K., Choudhary V., Gaur B., Lochab B. and Oberoi S., Development of Energetic Binders (Azido polymers) using Novel Dipolarophiles, Ind. Pat. Appl. 1316/Del/2002/dated 13-05-02.
- Varma I. K., Choudhary V., Gaur B., Lochab B. and Oberoi S., A process for the production of energetic binder (Azido Polymer), Ind. Pat. Appl. 1316/Del/2002/dated31-12-02.
- Chief Executive member of Sustainability Forum in Asian Polymer Association (APA) https://asianpolymer.org/, since Oct 2020.
- Executive Committee member of Society of Polymer Science India (SPSI), since Nov 2022.