Faculty at School of Humanities and Social Sciences
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
Ecology and science; human-non human relations; atmospheres; climate change; India.
Ph.D. Department of Sociology, Delhi School of Economics, Delhi University
M.Phil Department of Sociology, Delhi School of Economics, Delhi University
M.A. Sociology (H) Department of Sociology, Delhi School of Economics, Delhi University
B.A. Sociology (H) Miranda House, Delhi University
2017 - 2018
India Program Manager (Air Quality), Clean Air Asia, India
2015 - 2016
Ad-Hoc Faculty, Sociology Department, Hindu College, Delhi University, New Delhi
Guest Faculty, Sociology Department, Hindu College, Delhi University, New Delhi
2012 - 2014
Consultant, USAID TRAction Project, India
2010 - 2012
Research Associate, The Energy and Resources Institute, New Delhi
Bhojvaid, Vasundhara. 2023. ‘Planetary Disconnections of Urban Atmospheres: How New York Turned into New Delhi.’ Weather Matters. Understanding the Human Dimensions of Climate Change. University of Oxford’s Institute for Science, Innovation, and Society (InSiS).
- Bhojvaid, Vasundhara. 2022. "Book review: Hannah Knox. 2020. Thinking Like a Climate: Governing a City in Times of Environmental Change." Contributions to Indian Sociology. Volume 55, Issue 3, Pp. 462-464. https://doi.org/10.1177/00699667211063837
- Bhojvaid, Vasundhara. 2021 “Hazy Clouds: Making Black Carbon Visible in Climate Science.” Journal of Material Culture, 26, no. 2 (June 2021): 162–77. https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/1359183521994864
- Bhojvaid, Vasundhara. 2020. "The Social in/and the Scientific. Book Review of Pankaj Sekhsaria's 'Instrumental Lives: An Intimate Biography of an Indian Laboratory.'" Dialogue. Science, Scientits and Society, November 20, 2020. http://www.dialogue.ias.ac.in/article/48361/the-social-inand-the-scientific
- S. K. Pattanayaka, M. Jeulanda, J. J. Lewis, F. Usmania, N. Brookse, V. Bhojvaid, A. Kar, L. Lipinski, L. Morrison, O. Patange, N. Ramanathan, I. H. Rehman, R. Thadani, M. Vora, and V. Ramanathan. 2019. "Experimental evidence on promotion of electric and improved biomass cookstoves." PNAS (Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America). May 22nd 2019, pp 1-6. https://www.pnas.org/content/116/27/13282
- Bhojvaid, Vasundhara. 2016. ‘“Cloud.” Theorizing the Contemporary’, Cultural Anthropology website, July 12, 2016. https://culanth.org/fieldsights/cloud
- Brooks, N., Bhojvaid, V., Jeuland, M.A., Lewis, J.J., Patange, O. and Pattanayak, S.K. 2016. "How much do alternative cookstoves reduce biomass fuel use? Evidence from North India." Resource and Energy Economics, Volume 43, Feburary 2016, pp. 153-171.
- Jeuland, M.A., Bhojvaid, V., Kar, A, Lewis, J.J., Patange, O., Pattanayak, S.K, Ramanathan N., Rehman, I.H., Tan Soo, J.S. and Ramanthan V. 2015. "Prefernces for improved cook stoves: Evidence from rural villages in north India." Energy Economics, Volume 52, Part B, November 2015, pp. 287-298.
- Lewis, J. J., Bhojvaid, V, Brooks, N, Das, I., Marc A. Jeuland, Patange, O. &. Pattanayak, S. K. 2015. "Piloting Improved Cookstoves in India." Journal of Health Communication: International Perspectives, 20:sup1, 28-42.
- Bhojvaid, V., Jeuland, M., Kar, A., Lewis, J.J., Pattanayak, S.K., Ramanathan, N., Ramanathan, V. and Rehman, I.H. 2014. "How do People in Rural India Perceive Improved Stoves and Clean Fuel? Evidence from Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand." International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 11(2), pp.1341 – 1358.
- Bhojvaid, Vasundhara. 2012. "Encountering the Field." World Anthropologies Network, issue no. 6, July 2012. http://www.ram-wan.net/old/html/journal-6.htm
- Bhojvaid, Vasundhara. 2020. "Cloud." In Anthropocene Unseen: A Lexicon, edited by Cymene Howe and Anand Pandian. Punctum Books.
- Bhojvaid, Vasundhara. 2013. "Socialising Stoves: how anthropology helped explain technology adoption." In Anthropology and Development: Culture, Morality and Politics in a Globalised World, (ed.) Emma Crewe and Richard Axelby, Cambridge University Press.
Bhojvaid, Vasundhara. 2021. "It's In The Air: Taking The Human-Atmospheric Relationship Seriously." Third Lane, September 25, 2021. https://thirdlanemag.com/en/its-in-the-air-taking-the-human-atmospheric-relationship-seriously-vasundhara-bhojvaid/non-fiction/special-series-prodigal-earth/