Faculty at School of Management and Entrepreneurship
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PhD, Virginia Tech., USA
Dr. Rakshit has more than ten years of international experience in teaching Executive MBA and Full-time MBA programs and customized programs for executives. Dr. Rakshit also works with some of the leading technology accelerators in Russia and Kazakhstan, helping them design learning modules for nascent ventures. Dr. Rakshit has extensive experience in consulting and working with international developmental agencies, academia, sovereign wealth funds, and public enterprises. He has been a Visiting Scholar at the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University. He has been a Visiting Assistant Professor of Economics at the Williams School of Commerce, Politics and Economics at Washington and Lee University, USA, and an Assistant Professor at the Graduate School of Business, Nazarbayev University.
- His current research focuses on failure, restart, and strategic pivot among technology ventures, and regulatory co-evolution in nascent industries. He is also interested in understanding institutional barriers in the market for entrepreneurial finance and entrepreneurial network dynamics
- USAID Graduate Research Fellowship, Virginia Tech.
- Graduate Teaching Fellowship, Virginia Tech.
- Competitive Faculty Development Grant (co-PI), Nazarbayev University (USD 75,000) - current
- Collaborative Research Support Program Grant (Co-PI), Nazarbayev University (450,000 USD) - current
- Dr. Rakshit is the co-founder, and currently a Co-Principal Investigator of Nazarbayev University Research Center for Entrepreneurship.
- Of American Economic Association, Academy of Management and Strategic Management Society
- Dr. Rakshit has published in international reputed journals such as the Journal of Small Business Management, International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal and the Academy of Management Proceedings. He is also a 2022 European Federation of Management Development Case Award winner.
- Rakshit, A. “Putting down Roots: Entrepreneurial Resource Search under Uncertainty.” Accepted (and Presented): Joint Annals and Academy of Management Discoveries Paper Development Workshop (AMD-PDW), April, 2023, Brussels.
- Rakshit, A., Akemu, A., & Kishan, P.K.V. “Down but not Out: Entrepreneurial Restart in a Nascent Technology Landscape.” Accepted (and Presented): Academy of Management Journal Paper Development Workshop (AMJ-PDW), June-July 2022, Amsterdam
- Rakshit, A., Baimukhanov, D., Akemu, A. “Learning Mechanisms in Technology Business Accelerators in the Context of a Nascent Ecosystem.” Accepted to Strategic Management Society 43rd Annual Conference, Toronto, Canada (September-October 2023)
- Akemu, A., Kishan, PKV., Rakshit, A. “Financing Choices of Entrepreneurs in the Venture Lifecycle: Patterns and Challenges in a Developing Economy” Accepted to Strategic Management Society 43rd Annual Conference, Toronto, Canada (September-October 2023)
- “Does CSR Engender Trust? Evidence From Investor Reactions to Corporate Disclosures”, Berkovitch, J., Israeli, D., Rakshit, A. and Sridharan, S. in the FinReg Blog, Duke Financial Economics Center
- Project Associate, Central Statistical Organization, Government of India (2003-2005)
- Research Consultant, Economic Impact Study of USAID Programs, Bangladesh (May – December 2006)
- Consultant (Economic Transformation), Sovereign Wealth Fund of the Republic of Kazakhstan (Samruk-Kazyna) (Jan 2015- July 2018)
- Senior Consultant (Bolashak Impact Study), Center for International Programs, Ministry of Education, Republic of Kazakhstan (Jan 2017-Dec 2017)