Faculty at School of Management and Entrepreneurship
Ph.D., Reitaku University, Japan
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Interests: Institutionalization of Ethics, Leadership Cognition and Ethical Vignettes in Start-ups and Entrepreneurship, Aritficial Intellegence and HRM, HPWS work practices, Commitment, Impact of Stress on Occupation and Working Life, Social Media Analytics and its Impact on Employee Ethical Cognition, and Employee Relation and Behavior
2011, Ph.D., Reitaku University, Japan
2001, MBA, EIILM (Visva Bharati University)
1994, B.Sc., Calcutta University
2013, Workplace Big Five Profile 4.0 TM
The Centre for Applied Cognitive Studies- Charlotte, NC 28209
2014 – 2019
Assistant Professor, School of Management and Entrepreneurship Shiv Nadar University, Dadri Campus
04/12 – 02/14
Assistant Professor and HOD in OB & HRM, Symbiosis Centre of Management and Human Resource Development (SCMHRD), Symbiosis International University, Pune
2011 – 2012
Post-Doctoral Fellow, Hiroike Institute of Education, Kashiwa, Japan
2002 – 2007
Business Manager, Chaudhuri PharmaLink (P) Ltd., Kolkata
2001 – 2002
Business Executive, GE Lighting India Ltd, Jharkhand & Bihar
1996 – 1997
Management Trainee, Kasumi Company Ltd., Japan
07/19 – Present
Associate Professor, School of Management and Entrepreneurship, SNU, Delhi-NCR Campus
- Jutokuji Fellowship in Japan for the year 2006-2007
- Kambayashi Ryogakusei Shogakkin (Kambayashi Scholarship for Foreign Students) from Kambayashi Scholarship Foundation, Japan, for the Doctoral Program at Reitaku University for the year 2007-2009
- Tokubetsu Shogakusei (Reitaku University Special Scholarship) from the President, Reitaku University for the Doctoral Program at Reitaku University for the year 2009-2011. Post-Doctoral Fellowship at the Hiroike Institute of Education, Japan from 2011 to 2012.
- Kaken–hi (Monbusho Grant in Aid, JSPS Japan Government) Research project (The effect on human resource management practices of different national environments: With a focus on the manufacturing sector) with Prof. Sakikawa Takashi (Niigata University, Japan) as Collaborator from 2012 to 2015. https://kaken.nii.ac.jp/grant/KAKENHI-PROJECT-24530457
- Founding Shiv Nadar University Fellow, awarded after successful completion of Executive Leadership Program organized by the Center for Studies in Higher Education, Executive Leadership Academy of University of California Berkeley at Shiv Nadar University NCR Campus, by the Former Hon'ble Vice Chancellor and Professor Rupamanjari Ghosh on 19th November, 2021
- Reitaku Kai Award (Reitaku University Award for the outstanding foreign student) for the academic year 2006-2007
- The Best Young Scholar Paper Award for the paper presented in the 22nd Annual Conference of International Academy of Business Disciplines (IABD) 2010, Las Vegas, USA
- Outstanding Reviewer of the Year Recognition, in the 58th Annual Conference of Midwest Academy of Management (MAoM) held at Fargo, ND, USA in October 6-8th, 2016
- Invited speaker at a public lecture, titled: "Japanese companies in India: Some facts and issues," hosted by the Reitaku Institute of Political Economic Social Studies (RIPESS), at Kashiwa, Japan, funded by Hiroike Foundation on 9th July, 2017
- Shiv Nadar University Circle of Excellence Teaching Award for Inspirational and Innovative Practices , conferred by the Hon’ble Vice Chancellor of Shiv Nadar University, Prof. Rupamanjari Ghosh in June 2021
- Chair in HRM Track in the Annual Conferences of International Academy of Business Disciplines (IABD) headquartered in University of North Florida from 2013 till 2018 (5 years)
- Member of the Editorial Review Board of International Journal of Applied Behavioral Economics (IGI Global USA)
- Member of the Editorial Review Board of International Journal of Innovation in the Digital Economy (IGI Global USA)
- Chaudhuri, K. (2022). Artificial intelligence and people management: A critical assessment through the ethical lens. Human Resource Management Review, 100923, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hrmr.2022.100923. (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1053482222000419) (co-authored by Varma, A, Dawkins, C.)ABDC:A ; AJG :3 ; Impact Factor = 10.667 (JCR 2022) Scopus Cite score 14.0; Scopus ranked 5th /251 in Organization Behavior and Human Resource Management; and 6th /268 in Applied Psychology).
- Chaudhuri, K. (2020). Employee relationship and its effect on organisational commitment: a critical look at a Japanese subsidiary of India. International Journal of Human Resources Development and Management, 20(2), 140-165. (Accepted on 25th June 2018, published online 11th March 2020) DOI: 10.1504/IJHRDM.2020.106252. (Australian Dean's Council List / Scopus ranked)
- Chaudhuri, K. (2017). A study on management practices and manufacturing performance in India and Malaysia. Journal of Asia Business Studies, 11(3), 278-295. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/JABS-07-2015-0115 Emerald Publishers, UK (ISSN 1558-7894) co-authored by Sakikawa, T., (Niigata University) & Arif, N. A (University of Utara) (Australian Dean’s Council List of Quality Journals ranked, Scopus, Emerging Citation Index).
- Chaudhuri, K. (2016). An Empirical Study on Commitments of Japanese Employees, International Journal of Applied Management Science, 8 (4), 313-337, DOI: 10.1504/IJAMS.2016.080321 Inderscience Publishers, Switzerland, (ISSN1755-8913 ESISSN 1755-8921) coauthored by Oba, H. (Reitaku University, Japan) (Ranked by Australian Dean’s Council List of Quality Journals , Scopus).
- Chaudhuri, K. (2012). The Contemporary Framework of Social Media Analytics as an Emerging Tool for Behavior Informatics, HR Analytics and Business Process. Management Journal of Contemporary Management Issues, 17(2),65-84. https://hrcak.srce.hr/93945(ISSN 1846-3363). (Co- authored by Sinha, V., Bhattacharya, S., Subramanian, K.S., Symbiosis International University), (Ranked by Australian Dean’s Council List of Quality Journals, Scopus, Emerging Citation Index)
- Chaudhuri, K., (2021) Ethical Leadership in AI enabled organisations: Perspectives of managing people and business (Co-authored by Varma, A.) British Academy of Management 2021 Annual Conference Proceedings, Oxford Abstracts ISBN 978-0-9956413-4-1
- Chaudhuri, K., (2021). Artificial Intelligence and People Management: A Critical Assessment Through the Ethical Lens, (Co-authored by Varma, A., and Dawkins, C) Academy of Management Proceedings 2021, Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510: Academy of Management (Abstract) https://doi.org/10.5465/AMBPP.2021.11014
- Chaudhuri, K., (2020 ). Artificial Intelligence As An Antidote For Managing People In Organizations: How Realistic? ( Co-authored by Varma, A., & Malik, A) Proceedings of the Annual Conference of the British Academy of Management BAM 2020 Conference in the Clouds, Oxford Abstracts 2020. ISBN978-0-9956413-3-4 (https://app.oxfordabstracts.com/login? edirect=%2Fevents%2F1520%2Fsecure%2Fprogram-app%2Ftopics%3F)
- Chaudhuri , K. ( 2014). ( co-authored by Bhattacharya, S., Sinha, V., Sheorey,P. Symbiosis International University) A Conceptual Framework for Determining Brand Attitude and Brand Equity through Text Analytics of Social Media Behavior. In Mehdi Khosrow-Pour (ed.) Encyclopedia of Information Science and Technology, Third Edition , IGI Global USA. (DOI: 10.4018/978-1-4666-5888-2.ch132. ISBN13: 9781466658882, ISBN10: 1466658886, EISBN13: 9781466658899).
- Chaudhuri, K. ( 2013). Impact of HPWS on Commitment and Working Life of Mid-level Japanese Managers : An Empirical Study. In M. A. Goralski, H. P. & LeBlanc III, H.P. (Eds.), Business Research Yearbook: The Importance of Research to the Global Community. Vol. XX, (i), pp. 288-296). International Academy of Business Disciplines (IABD): USA.(ISBN 1-889754-18-8).
- Chaudhuri, K., & Fadil, P. (2011). Linkages between perceived occupational and organizational commitments of general employees in Japanese organizations, In M. A. Goralski, H. P. Leblanc, III, & M. G. Adams (Eds.), Business Research Yearbook: Balancing Profitability and Sustainability: Shaping the Future of Business Vol. XVIII (i)(pp. 264- 270).Beltsville MD: International Academy of Business Disciplines(IABD).USA (ISBN 1- 889754-16-1).
- Invited Speaker in the Workshop on Japanese Management conducted by Prof Takashi Sakikawa, Niigata University organized by the AOTS Japan-Dosokai New Delhi at Gurgaon on 24th August, 2014.
- Invited speaker/ Talk at a public lecture, titled : "Japanese companies in India: Some facts and issues," hosted by the Reitaku Institute of Political Economic Social Studies ( RIPESS), Reitaku University, Japan, funded by Hiroike Foundation, Kashiwa, Chiba Pref., on 9th July, 2017.
International Peer reviewed Conferences:
- Chaudhuri, K. (2022). "Some unanswered realities on leadership and people management in the AI-enabled organizations- a commentary" , Annual Conference of the Society for Business Ethics (SBE 2022) in Seattle, Washington, USA from the 5th to 7th August, 2022.
- Chaudhuri, K. (2021). "Ethical Leadership in AI enabled organisations: Perspectives of managing people and business", in the 35th Annual Conference of the British Academy of Management (BAM 2021) from 31 st August to 3 rd September, 2021.( co-authored by Varma, A.)
- Chaudhuri, K., (2021). "Artificial Intelligence and People Management: A Critical Assessment Through the Ethical Lens", in the 81st Annual Conference of the Academy of Management (AOM 2021) from 30th July to 3rd August, 2021.( co-authored by Varma, A., and Dawkins, C)
- Chaudhuri, K. (2019). "An empirical perspective on commitment-stressors linkages in Japanese and Indian HPWS workplaces", accepted for presentation at the 11th Biennial Conference of Asia Academy of Management (AAoM 2019), at Bali, Indonesia, June 19-21, 2019.
- Chaudhuri, K. (2018). "Employee perception of stressors and commitments in HPWS workplaces of India and Japan: The role of employee age," co-authored by Oba, H. (Reitaku University) presented in the 60th Annual Conference of Academy of International Business (AIB 2018), at Minnesota, USA, 25th - 28th June, 2018.
- Chaudhuri, K. (2018). "Students engagement in the institutes of Higher Education in India," presented in the 30th Annual Conference of International Academy of Business Disciplines (IABD 2018), co-authored by AkhilNag, T. (Shiv Nadar University) and Smatt, C (University of North Georgia) at San Francisco, USA, 6-8th April, 2017.
- Chaudhuri, K. (2018). "A closer look at the plight of the farmers in India," presented in the 30th Annual Conference of International Academy of Business Disciplines (IABD 2018), co-authored by Fadil, P. (University of North Florida), Kumar, P., Rai, A. and Tiwari, R. (Shiv Nadar University), at San Francisco, USA, 6-8th April, 2017.
- Chaudhuri, K. (2017). “Understanding the role of stressors and Age on Employee commitment in HPWS workplaces in Japan, co-authored by Oba, H. (Reitaku University) presented in the 59th Annual Conference of Academy of International Business (AIB 2017), at Dubai, UAE,” 2nd-5th July, 2017.
- Chaudhuri, K. (2017). “Employee perceptions of Affective Organizational and Occupational commitments: Role of Stressors and Age at HPWS workplaces in Japan,” co-authored by Oba, H. (Reitaku University), presented in 10th Biennial Asia Academy of Management (AAoM 2017) at Kita Kyushu, Fukuaka, Japan from 19th-21st June 2017.
- Chaudhuri, K. (2016). “Stressors” commitment linkages: Role of HPWS on Japanese employees, co-authored by Schmitz, M (University of Gottingen) and Sakikawa, T. (Niigata University), presented in the 33rd Euro-Asia Management Studies Association (EAMSA 2016) at International Business School Suzhou (IBSS) at Xian-Jiaotong Liverpool University (XJTLU), China, Chaired by Prof Adam Cross (Xian-Jiaotong Liverpool University) & Prof Chie Iguchi (Keio University) 26th -29th October, 2016.
- Chaudhuri, K. (2016) “Leadership and its linkages on the faculty-staff commitment, student engagement and gender stereotypes in the institutes of higher education,” co-authored by Priyadarshini, R. (Shiv Nadar University) and Fadil, P. (University of North Florida) at the 28th International Academy of Business Disciplines (IABD, 2016) at Vegas, Nevada, USA from 31st March-2nd April, 2016 in the Leadership Track and session. The session was chaired by Prof. Robert H. Bennett, Georgia Southwestern State University.
- Chaudhuri, K. (2015) “An Examination of Relationships between Management Practices and Performance: Evidence from India and Malaysia,” coauthored by Sakikawa Takashi (Niigata University, Japan) and Arif, B.A. (University of Utara, Malaysia) was presented in the 57th Annual Conference, Academy of International Business (AIB, 2015), 27th-30th June, 2015, Bengaluru, India.
- Chaudhuri, K. (2015) “Differently Abled Employees in Indian Organizations: Perspectives of Employers and General Employees,” presented at the 27th International Academy Business Disciplines (IABD, 2015) at Orlando, Florida, USA from 26th March to 28th March, 2015; in the Ethics and Social Issues Sustainability track. The session was chaired by Prof. K. Jones, Clark Atlanta University and Prof. Gregory Robbins, Southern Connecticut State University, co-authored by Mohammed Tausif Iqbal, (Cummins India Ltd). & Paul Fadil (University of North Florida).
- Chaudhuri, K (2011) “HPWS, Stressors, Affective Organizational and Occupational commitments in Japanese organizations,” paper presented in the HRM divisional paper in the 71st Annual conference of Academy of Management (AOM 2011) held at San Antonio, Texas, USA, from 12th-16th August, 2011.
- Grants in-Aid for Scientific Research, Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) Government of Japan and the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) Project No. 24530457, titled, “The effect on human resource management practices of different national environments: With a focus on the manufacturing sector,” with Principal Investigator Prof. Sakikawa Takashi (Niigata University, Japan).
- RIPESS Japan, titled “Co-creative "Decision-making model: Theoretical significance and its application to human resource development,” with Principal Investigator Prof Oba, Hiroyuki (Reitaku University, Japan).
- RIPESS sponsored project titled “Co-creative "Decision-making model: Theoretical significance and its application to human resource development”, with Principal Investigator Prof Oba, Hiroyuki (Reitaku University, Japan).
- Artificial Intelligence and Managing People in Organizations: Perspective on Ethics and leadership (self-sponsored) with Prof. Arup Varma Loyola University of Chicago.
- Host Country National (HCN) Supports to the Expatriates with Different Abilities: An Empirical Investigation in India (Self- sponsored) with Prof. Arup Varma Loyola University of Chicago and Prof Ashish Malik University of New Castle, approved by Institutional Ethics Committee of Shiv Nadar University, (Approval No. SNU/IEC/2020/0007 dated 3/9/2020).
- Nominated as a member, and as an expert in the Global Think- tank, Global AI Ethics Institute head quartered in Paris, 2022 (International).
- Life member and advisor, volunteer of local NGO/bodies: Matripeeth and Ethomart Charitable Trust located at Greater Noida West / Noida Extension in Gautam Buddha Nagar Uttar Pradesh, India.
- Member and Chair in HRM Track in International Academy of Business Discipline (IABD) headquartered in University of North Florida, from 2014 to 2019.
- Member of British Academy of Management, Academy of International Business, Academy of Management, Standford Institute of Human-centered Artificial Intelligence.
- Editorial review board member of peer reviewed journals: International Journal of Innovation in the Digital Economy (IGI Global USA), International Journal of Applied Behavioral Economics (IGI Global USA), Drishtikon from SCMHRD (Symbiosis International University, India) and others from 2012 till date.