Faculty at School of Natural Sciences
Metalloradical catalysis, Valorization of green-house gas and functionalization of oleochemicals, and Natural product-based drug design
2011, Ph.D., Organic Chemistry, University of Bern, Switzerland
2006, M.Sc. Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
2004, B.Sc. Chemistry (Honors), Bagnan College, University of Calcutta, West Bengal, India
Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, School of Natural Sciences, Shiv Nadar University, Delhi-NCR
Visiting Research Scientist, Institute of Organic Chemistry, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Institute of Organic Chemistry, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
Research Associate-I, Organic Chemistry Section, Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, India
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Frick Chemistry Laboratory, Princeton University, USA
Assistant-I, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Bern, Switzerland
2016, Molecular Science & Engineering Travel Grant from RWTH Aachen University
2016, Best poster presentation award sponsored by European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry
2014-2016, Post-Doctoral Fellowship from RWTH Aachen University
2012-2014, Swiss National Science Foundation Post-Doctoral Fellowship
2010, 2nd Best poster presentation award, Swiss Chemical Society fall meeting, ETH Zurich
2010, SCNAT/SCS Chemistry Travel Award
2007-2009, ESKAS Scholarship from Swiss Federal Commission
2005, Award of Merit-cum-Means Scholarship from IITM
- T. Mandal, S. Karmakar, A. Kapat, J. Dash* “Studies Directed towards the Synthesis of the Acridone Family of Natural Products: Total Synthesis of Acronycines and Atalaphyllidines” ACS omega 2021, 6, 27062-27069.
- L. Gnägi; R. Arnold, F. Giornal, H. Jangra, A. Kapat, E. Nyfeler, R. M. Schärer; H. Zipse* P. Renaud* “Stereoselective and Stereospecific Triflate Mediated Intramolecular Schmidt Reaction: Easy Access to Alkaloid Skeletons” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2021, 133, 10267-10273.
- Giornal, H. Jangra, A. Kapat, E. Nyfeler, H. Zipse*, R. B. Scharer, P. Renaud* “Stereochemical Control of the Triflate Mediated Intramolecular Schmidt Reaction” ChemRxiv, 2020.
- A. Kapat, T. Sperger, S. Gueven, F. Schoenebeck* “E -Olefin Through Intramolecular Radical Relocation Science" 2019, 363, 391- 396.
- K. Dhara, A. Kapat, and J. Dash* "Potassium tertiary butoxide mediated direct alkyne addition to Isatine” Synthesis 2016, 43, 4260-4268.
- A. S.-K. Tsang§, A. Kapat§, F. Schoenebeck* “Factors that control C-C cleavage versus C-H bond hydroxlyation in copper-catalyzed oxidations of ketones with O2” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2016, 138, 518-526. (§ASKT and AK contributed equally).
- G. Midya, A. Kapat, S. Maiti, J. Dash* “Transition-metal free hydration of nitriles using potassium tert-butoxide under anhydrous condition” J. Org. Chem. 2015, 80, 4148-4151.
List of Invited Talks:
- Invited Talk: Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA.
- Invited Talk: Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Thiruvananthapuram, India.
- Invited Talk: Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Berhampur, India.
- Invited Talk: Indian Institute of Technology, Palakkad.
- Invited Talk: Centre of Biomedical Research, Lucknow.
- Invited Talk: Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar.
- Invited Talk: Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai.
- Invited Talk: Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee.
- Invited Talk: Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad.
- Invited Talk: Vidyasagar University, Department of Chemistry, Midnapore.
- Invited Talk: Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur.
- Invited Talk: National Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhubaneswar.
List of Poster Presentations:
- Poster Presentation, Annual IIT Madras Symposium & The First Mid-Year Meeting of the Chemical Research Society of India, Chennai, India.
- Poster Presentation, 11th Belgian Organic Synthesis Symposium, Ghent, Belgium.
- Poster presentation, Swiss Chemical Society Fall meeting, University of Zurich, Switzerland.
- Oral Presentation, First year graduate student symposium, University of Bern, Switzerland.
- Poster Presentation, Swiss Chemical Society Fall meeting, EPFL Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Poster Presentation, 45th Euchem Conference on Stereochemistry, Brunnen, Switzerland.
- Poster Presentation, Euchem Conference on Organic Free Radicals, Bologna, Italy.
- Poster Presentation, Swiss Chemical Society Fall meeting, ETH Zurich, Switzerland.
- Poster Presentation: Bioanorganisches Symposium 2016, RWTH Aachen, Germany.
- Poster Presentation: 21st International Conference on Organic Synthesis, IIT Bombay, India.
- Poster Presentation: 9th New Year's Symposium 2017, Institute of Organic Chemistry, RWTH Aachen, Germany.
Project Title: Enantioselective Catalytic Radical Fluorination of Nonactivated C(sp3)-H Bond
PI: Dr. Ajoy Kapat
Co-PI (if any): Not ApplicableHost Institute: Department of Chemistry, School of Natural Product, Shiv Nadar University
Funding Agency: Science and Engineering Research Board
Amount Sanctioned: 61,12,645.00 INR
Duration: 10-11-2022 to 10-11-2025
Title: Development of Palladium-Catalyzed Triple Cascade for the Synthesis of Tetracyclic Core of Apocynaceae Family of Indole Alkaloids: Combined Experimental & Computational Based Mechanistic Study and Structure Activity Relationship Study
Principle Investigator: Dr. Ajoy Kapat
Funding Agency: Science and Engineering Research Board;
Amount Sanctioned: 26,42,646.00 INR
Duration: 17-12-2020 to 17-12-2022
- “Nickel-catalyzed olefin isomerization for the preparation of E-alkenes” A. Kapat and F. Schoenebeck* RD-42066 (filed on 21.09.2018).