Faculty at School of Engineering
Turbulence in open channel flow, Sediment transport Phenomena, Flow in Compound channel, Dunal flow, and River meandering
2020, Ph.D., Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
2014, M.Tech., National Institute of Technology, Rourkela
2010, B.Tech., Biju Patnaik University of Technology, Odisha
Research Associate, IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur
Visiting Research Scholar, Università della Calabria, Italy
2019, Received Best Paper Presentation award at International school of Hydraulics, Poland
2019, Received Young Scientist Scholarship under International travel scheme from SERB
2014, Received Institute Silver Medal in Water Resources Engineering, NIT Rourkela
- Dey S, Ali SZ and Padhi E (2018) Advances in analytical modeling of suspended sediment transport. Journal of Hydro-Environment Research, 20(June), 110-126.
- Padhi E, Penna N, Dey S and Gaudio R (2018) Hydrodynamics of water-worked and screeded gravel beds: A comparative study. Physics of Fluids, 30(8), 085-105.
- Padhi E, Penna N, Dey S and Gaudio R (2018) Spatially-averaged dissipation rate in flows over water-worked and screeded gravel beds. Physics of Fluids, 30(12), 125-106.
- Dey S, Ali SZ and Padhi E (2019) Bedload transport from analytical and turbulence phenomenological perspectives. International Journal of Sediment Research, 34(6), 509-530.
- Padhi E, Penna N, Desai V R, Dey S and Gaudio R (2019) Water-worked gravel bed: State-of-the Art Review. Water, MDPI, 11(4), 694.
- Padhi E, Penna N, Dey S and Gaudio R (2019) Near-bed turbulence structures in waterworked and screeded gravel-bed flows. Physics of Fluids, 31(4), 045-107.
- Dey S, Ali SZ and Padhi E (2019) Terminal fall velocity: the legacy of Stokes from the perspective of fluvial hydraulics. Proceedings of Royal Society A, 475(2228), 1-33.
- Padhi E, Ali SZ, and Dey S (2019) Mechanics of bed particle saltation in turbulent wall-shear flow. Proceedings of Royal Society A, 475(2230), 1-13.
- Dey S, Paul P, Fang H and Padhi E (2020) Hydrodynamics of flow over two-dimensional dunes. Physics of Fluids, 32(2), 025-106.
- Padhi E, Dey S, Penna N, Gaudio R (2020) Conditional Turbulence Characteristics in Water- Worked and Screeded Gravel-Bed Flows. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, 146 (2), 0401-9052.
- Dey S, Ali SZ and Padhi E (2020) Hydrodynamic Lift on Sediment Particles at Entrainment: Present Status and its Prospect. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, 146 (6), 03120001.
- Penna N, Padhi E, Dey S, Gaudio R (2020) Structure functions and invariants of the anisotropic Reynolds stress tensor in turbulent flows over water-worked gravel beds. Physics of Fluids, 32(5), 055-106.
- Dey S, Paul P and Padhi E (2020) Conditional spatially-averaged turbulence and dispersion characteristics in flow over two-dimensional dunes. Physics of Fluids, 32(6), 065-106.
- Penna N, Padhi E, Dey S and Gaudio R (2021) Statistical characterisation of unworked and water-worked gravel-bed roughness structures. Journal of Hydraulic Research, 59 (3), 420-436.
- Penna N, Padhi E, Dey S, Gaudio R (2022) Response of Reynolds stresses and scaling behavior of high-order structure functions to a water-worked gravel-bed surface and its implication on sediment transport. International Journal of Sediment Research, 37(1), 1-13.
- Padhi E, Penna N, Dey S, Gaudio R (2019) Hydrodynamics of water-worked and screeded gravel-bed flows. In: Recent Trends in Environmental Hydraulics, Kalinowska, MB, Mrokowska, MM, Rowiński, PM (eds.) Springer, Poland.
- Penna N, Padhi E, Dey S and Gaudio R (2017) Flow over a water-worked bed. Proceedings of Thirty-Seventh International Association for Hydraulic Research World Congress, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 623-632.
- Padhi E, Penna N, Gaudio R, Desai VR and Dey S (2018) Turbulent kinetic energy flux and budget in a water-worked gravel bed. Proceedings of River Flow 2018, Lyon, France, 40.
- Padhi E, Penna N, Dey S, and Gaudio R (2019) Hydrodynamics of water-worked and screeded gravel-bed flows. Proceedings of International School of Hydraulics 2019, ack, Poland.
- Agrawal N and Padhi E (2022) Bank scour protection using spur dyke in a meandering channel under low flow velocity (Accepted for publication in the proceedings of ISHS 2022, Roorkee, India).
- Padhi E and Agrawal N (2022) Investigation on near bed flow features over a water-worked gravel bed (Accepted for publication in the proceedings of ISHS 2022, Roorkee, India).
- A novel hybrid approach for the design of stilling basin to counter the downstream local scour, Dr. Ellora Padhi, SERB, SRG 2022, Approximately INR 21 Lakhs, 2022-2024.