TEDx Shiv Nadar University 2021
Students of Shiv Nadar University, Delhi-NCR invite you to TEDxShivNadarUniversity on 14 November, 2021. Like every year, the team has worked hard to get myriad ideas to the stage of Shiv Nadar University, Delhi-NCR.
TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks (18 minutes or less). TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics — from science to business to global issues — in more than 100 languages. Meanwhile, independently run TEDx events help share ideas in communities around the world.
Our event is a culmination of months of student-led efforts. An official audience of 100 people (as per TED guidelines) attends the event. The audience is an amalgam of students, academicians, sponsor delegates, corporate professionals and more.
The theme of our conference this year is Rewire. To rewire is to innovate in one's field, to introspect and overcome internal biases and think differently, and to think of ways to change society as we know it. Rewire is as much an audience's theme as ours - its interpretation is up to them, as well.
Japnit & Samriddhi (Founders of The Girl Code)
- How they set up TGC, an organization that teaches girls all over the world how to code, while they were in school.
- Held workshops in USA, Singapore, India
Rumi Aijaz (Senior Fellow at ORF and Associate Member, Institute of Town Planners, India)
- How to reimagine town and urban planning and his work and research on the Smart Cities Mission.
- Spoken at Asia Research Centre, London School of Economics and Political Science
Vatsala Mamgain (Resource Mobilisation Director at CRY)
How CRY continues to thrive in disorder and chaos, through the lens of her 5 years at CRY.
Featured many times in Outlook magazine.
Aakriti Kumar (Founder of Differniture)
How she builds environmentally sustainable furniture at Differniture and how to think differently about design.
Featured in Forbes 30 Under 30, Design India, Bazaar India and Cosmopolitan India.
Shrutika Vats (Co-Founder of the Queer Listening Circle)
- Listening circles and safe spaces for queer and marginalized people.
Radhika Khandelwal (Executive Chef at Radish Hospitality)
- Sustainable and zero-waste cooking at her restaurant.
- Featured in the New Indian Express, Hindustan Times, India Today.
Ayushmaan (drag performer, stage name Lush Monsoon)
- The art of drag and discovering how to be comfortable in your own skin.
- They have been featured in Vogue India, The Hindu, Verve People, The Quint, India Times.
Srishti Pandey (Disability and Women's Rights Activist)
- How ableism impacts her in her daily life, and what people can do to improve it.
- Featured in Feminism India
- YPAT member at Yuwaah/ UNICEF India
Anureet Watta (Poet)
The first performer of the day, Anureet Watta is a phenomenal artist, poet, writer, filmmaker and more! Their spoken word poetry will kick off the event’s proceedings, for what better way is there to start a day than with a little bit of verse?
The second performer of the day, the eclectic duo that go by the name of Autoplay, will be performing a variety of originals and covers, on an array of instruments ranging from the keyboard to the mandolin to an electronic keypad!
Sponsors and Partners
- We are sponsored this year by Indian Oil, Nescafe Golf, Career Launcher and Esperance Bakery, and will be receiving one sponsor delegate from Career Launcher (Mr. Ramanuj Mishra).
- Our partners include Cornitos, Brew House, The Choco Rush and The Filter Bean.
- Further, our media partners this year are DU Beat and ED Times.
We look forward to your presence at TEDxShivNadarUniversity 2021!