Faculty at School of Natural Sciences
Fundamental electrochemistry, Materials designing, In-situ electrochemical techniques, Next-generation energy technologies (Fuel cell, Water electrolyzer, flexible batteries and supercapacitor)
2017 Ph.D. CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory, Pune 2011 M.Sc. University of Delhi, Delhi 2009 B.Sc. Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- 12/2021-Present, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, School of Natural Sciences, Shiv Nadar Institution of Eminence, India, Delhi-NCR
- 01/2021–12/2021, Senior Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Tsukuba, Japan
- 01/2020–12/2020, Technical Leader – Electrochemistry, KPIT Technologies Ltd., Pune-India
- 11/2019-12/2019, Senior Postdoctoral Researcher, Central European Institute of Technology (CEITEC), BUT, Czech Republic
- 11/2017-10/2019, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Tsukuba, Japan
- 01/2016-07/2016, Raman-Charpak Visiting Research Fellow, University of Lille, France
2017 Received Prestigious JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship-2017.
2015 Received Prestigious Raman?Charpak Fellowship?2015.
2012 CSIR-JRF Award 2012-August (All India Rank- 57th).
2011 CSIR-NET (Lectureship) Award 2011-December (All India Rank- 21st).
- Nitin Kumar Tyagi, Bikash K Mahapatra, Suvash Ghimire, Narugopal Manna, Deepak Kumar, Vijay Kumar, Kausik Mukhopadhyay, Santosh K Singh*, Theory-Directed Designing of an Intrinsic-Activity-Modulated Metal-Doped Copper Oxide Electrode for Nitrate to Ammonia Synthesis, ACS Applied Energy Mater., 2023, DOI: 10.1021/acsaem.3c00617.
- Saad Zafar, Santosh K Singh*, Bimlesh Lochab*, Nano-wired Polyaniline/VS2 Composite Materials for Quasi-solid-state Supercapacitor and Zinc-ion Battery Applications, Materials Advances, 2023, DOI: 10.1039/d3ma00070b.
- Santosh K. Singh, Kotaro Takeyasu, Kaito Homma, Shigeharu Ito, Takashi Morinaga, Yuto Endo, Moeko Furukawa, Toshiyuki Mori, Hirohito Ogasawara, Junji Nakamura, Activating Nitrogen‐doped Graphene Oxygen Reduction Electrocatalysts in Acidic Electrolytes using Hydrophobic Cavities and Proton‐conductive Particles, Angewandte Chemie, 2022, e202212506.
- Santosh K. Singh, Vishal M Dhavale, Sreekumar Kurungot; Surface-Tuned Co3O4 Nanoparticles Dispersed on Nitrogen-Doped Graphene as an Efficient Cathode Electrocatalyst for Mechanical Rechargeable Zinc-Air Battery Application, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2015; 7, 21138-21149.
- Anand Pariyar, Gonela Vijaykumar, Mrinal Bhunia, Suman Kr Dey, Santosh K. Singh, Sreekumar Kurungot, Swadhin K Mandal; Switching Closed-Shell to Open-Shell Phenalenyl: Toward Designing Electroactive Materials, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2015, 137, 5955–5960. (This Work was Highlighted by National and International Press coverage)
- Santosh K. Singh, Vishal Mahesh Dhavale, Sreekumar Kurungot; Low Surface Energy Plane Exposed Co3O4 Nanocubes Supported on Nitrogen-Doped Graphene as an Electrocatalyst for Efficient Water Oxidation, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2015, 7, 442−451.
- Santosh K. Singh, Varchaswal Kashyap, Narugopal Manna, Siddheshwar N. Bhange, Roby Soni, Rabah Boukherroub, Sabine Szunerits, Sreekumar Kurungot; An Efficient and Durable Oxygen Reduction Electrocatalyst Based on CoMn Alloy Oxide Nanoparticles Supported Over N-doped Porous Graphene, ACS Catalysis, 2017, 7, 6700–6710.
- Santosh K. Singh, Deepak Kumar, Vishal M. Dhavale, Sourav Pal, Sreekumar Kurungot; Strategic Preparation of Efficient and Durable NiCo Alloy Supported N-Doped Porous Graphene as an Oxygen Evolution Electrocatalyst: A Theoretical and Experimental Investigation, Advanced Materials Interfaces, 2016, DOI:10.1002/admi.201600532.
- Santosh K. Singh, Vishal M. Dhavale, Rabah Boukherroub, Sreekumar Kurungot, Sabine Szunerits; N-doped Porous Reduced Graphene Oxide as an Efficient Electrode Material for High-Performance Flexible Solid-state Supercapacitor, Applied Materials Today, 2017, 8, 141-149.
- Santosh K. Singh, Kotaro Takeyasu, Junji Nakamura; Active Sites and Mechanism of ORR Electro-catalysis on Nitrogen-Doped Carbon Materials, Advanced Materials, 2019, 31, 1804297 (DOI: 10.1002/adma.201804297).
- Santosh K. Singh*, Kotaro Takeyasu, Bappi Paul, Sachin K. Singh, Junji Nakamura*; CoOx Electro-catalysts Anchored on Nitrogen-doped Carbon Nanotubes for the Oxygen Evolution Reaction, Sustainable Energy & Fuels, 2021, 5, 820.
- Santosh K. Singh, Kotaro Takeyasu, Moeko Furukawa, Junji Nakamura; Positive Effect of Induced Hydrophobicity in 3D N-doped Porous Graphene Towards ORR Activity Under Acidic Condition, ECS Meeting Abstract, 2019, 7, 634.
- Vishal Mahesh Dhavale, Santosh K. Singh*, Nadeema Ayasha, Sachin S Gaikwad, Sreekumar Kurungot; Nanocrystalline Fe-Fe2O3 Particle-Deposited N-doped Graphene as an Activity Modulated Pt-Free Electrocatalyst for Oxygen Reduction Reaction, Nanoscale, 2015; 7, 20117-20125. (* Equal contribution)
- Kotaro Takeyasu, Moeko Furukawa, Yuto Shimoyama, Santosh K. Singh, Junji Nakamura; Role of Pyridinic Nitrogen in the Mechanism of the Oxygen Reduction Reaction on Carbon Electrocatalysts, Angewandte Chemie, 2020, DOI: 10.1002/anie.202014323.
- Shyamapada Nandi, Santosh K. Singh, Dinesh Mullangi, Rajith Illathvalappil, Leena George, Chathakudath P. Vinod, Sreekumar Kurungot, Ramanathan Vaidhyanathan; Low Band Gap Benzimidazole COF Supported Ni3N as Highly Active OER Catalyst, Advanced Energy Materials 2016, 6, DOI:10.1002/aenm.201601189.
- Narugopal Manna, Santosh K. Singh, Arun Torris, Sreekumar Kurungot; Zinc–Air Batteries Catalyzed Using Co3O4 Nanorod-Supported N-Doped Entangled Graphene for Oxygen Reduction Reaction, ACS Appl. Energy Mater., 2021, (DOI: 10.1021/acsaem.1c00210).
- Narugopal Manna, Santosh K Singh, Maria Kurian, Arun Torris, Sreekumar Kurungot, Air–Cathode Interface-Engineered Electrocatalyst for Solid-State Rechargeable Zinc–Air Batteries, ACS Applied Energy Mater., 2022, 5, 8756-8768.
- Guoping Chen, Santosh K. Singh, Kotaro Takeyasu, Junji Nakamura, Katsuhiko Ariga, Jonathan P. Hill Versatile Nanoarchitectonics of Pt with Morphology Control of Oxygen Reduction Reaction Catalysts, Science and Technology of Advanced Materials, 2022, 23, 413-423.
- Plawan Kumar Jha, Santosh K. Singh, Suresh Gatla, Sreekumar Kurungot, Nirmalya Ballav; Pb2+−N Bonding Chemistry: Recycling of Polyaniline-Pb Nanocrystals Waste for Generating High-Performance Super-Capacitor Electrodes, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2015, 120, 911–918.
- Plawan Kumar Jha, Santosh K. Singh, Vikash Kumar, Shammi Rana, Sreekumar Kurungot, Nirmalya Ballav; High-Level Supercapacitive Performance of Chemically Reduced Graphene Oxide, Chem 2017, 3, 846-860.
- Varchaswal Kashyap, Santosh K. Singh, Sreekumar Kurungot; Cobalt Ferrite Bearing Nitrogen-Doped Reduced Graphene Oxide Layers Spatially Separated with Microporous Carbon as Efficient Oxygen Reduction Electrocatalyst, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2016, 8, 20730–20740.
- Varchaswal Kashyap, Santosh K. Singh, Sreekumar Kurungot; Activity Tuning of Cobalt Ferrite Nanoparticles Anchored on N-Doped Reduced Graphene Oxide as a Potential Oxygen Reduction Electrocatalyst by Zn Substitution in the Spinel Matrix, ChemistrySelect, 2017, 2, 7845-7853.
- Houcem Maaoui, Santosh K. Singh, Florina Teodoresu, Yannick Coffinier, Alexandre Barras, Radhouane Chtourou, Sreekumar Kurungot, Sabine Szunerits, Rabah Boukherroub; Copper Oxide Supported on Three-Dimensional Ammonia-doped Porous Reduced Graphene Oxide Prepared Through Electrophoretic Deposition for Non-enzymatic Glucose Sensing, Electrochimica Acta, 2016; 224, 346-354.
- Fereshteh Chekin, Santosh K. Singh, Alina Mihaela Vasilescu, Vishal M. Dhavale, Sreekumar Kurungot, Rabah Boukherroub, Sabine Szunerits; Reduced Graphene Oxide Modified Electrodes For Sensitive Sensing of Gliadin in Food Samples, ACS Sensors, 2016, 1, 1462–1470.
- Fereshteh Chekin, Alina Vasilescu, Roxana Jijie, Santosh K. Singh, Sreekumar Kurungot, Madalina Iancu, Gabriela Badea, Rabah Boukherroub, Sabine Szunerits; Sensitive Electrochemical Detection of Cardiac Troponin I in Serum and Saliva by Nitrogen-doped Porous Reduced Graphene Oxide Electrode, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 2018, 262, 180-187.
- Jonnadula Venkata Suman Krishna, Narra Vamsi Krishna, Santosh K. Singh, Pankaj K. Shaw, Vishal M. Dhavale, Anil Kumar Vardhaman, Lingamallu Giribabu; Substituent-Induced Deformed Ni-Porphyrin as an Electrocatalyst for the Electrochemical Conversion of Water into Dioxygen, European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry, 2018, DOI:10.1002/ejic.201701427
- Fereshteh Chekin, Komal Bagga, Palaniappan Subramanian, Roxana Jijie, Santosh K. Singh, Sreekumar Kurungot, Rabah Boukherroub, Sabine Szunerits; Nucleic Aptamer Modified Porous Reduced Graphene Oxide/MoS2 Based Electrodes for Viral Detection: Application to Human Papillomavirus (HPV), Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 2018, 262, 991-1000.
- Alina Vasilescu, Ran Ye, Samia Boulahneche, Sabrina Lamraoui, Roxana Jijie, Mohamed Salah Medjram, Szilveszter Gaspar, Santosh K. Singh, Sreekumar Kurungot, Sorin Melinte, Rabah Boukherroub, Sabine Szunerits; Porous Reduced Graphene Oxide Modified Electrodes for the Analysis of Protein Aggregation. Part 2: Application to the Analysis of Calcitonin Containing Pharmaceutical Formulation, Electrochimica Acta, 2018, 266, 364-372.
- Alina Vasilescu, Samia Boulahneche, Fereshteh Chekin, Szilveszter Gaspar, Mohamed Salah Medjram, Abdou Aziz Diagne, Santosh K. Singh, Sreekumar Kurungot, Rabah Boukherroub, Sabine Szunerits; Porous Reduced Graphene Oxide Modified Electrodes for the Analysis of Protein Aggregation. Part 1: Lysozyme Aggregation at pH 2 and 7.4, Electrochimica Acta, 2017, 254, 375-383.
- Fatima Halouane, Roxana Jijie, Dalila Meziane, Li Chengnang, Santosh K Singh, Julie Bouckaert, Jean Juraszek, Sreekumar Kurungot, Alexandre Barras, Musen Li, Rabah Boukherroub, Sabine Szunerits; Selective Isolation of E. coli Associated with Urinary Tract Infection Using Anti-fimbrial Modified Magnetic Reduced Graphene Oxide Nanoheaters, Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 2017, 5, 8133-8142.
- Fatima Halouane, Yavuz Oz, Dalila Meziane, Alexandre Barras, Jean Juraszek, Santosh K. Singh, Sreekumar Kurungot, Pankaj K. Shaw, Rana Sanyal, Rabah Boukherroub, Amitav Sanyal, Sabine Szunerits; Magnetic Reduced Graphene Oxide Loaded Hydrogels: Highly Versatile and Efficient Adsorbents for Dyes and Selective Cr(VI) Ions Removal, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 2017, 507, 360-369.
- Samia Boulahneche, Roxana Jijie, Alexandre Barras, Fereshteh Chekin, Santosh K Singh, Julie Bouckaert, Mohamed Saleh Medjram, Sreekumar Kurungot, Sabine Szunerits, Rabah Boukherroub; On Demand Electrochemical Release of Drugs from Porous Reduced Graphene Oxide Modified Flexible Electrodes, Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 2017, 5, 6557-6565.
- Sorout Shalini, Shubhangi Aggarwal, Santosh K. Singh, Malvika Dutt, Thallaseril G. Ajithkumar, Ramanathan Vaidhyanathan; 10000-Fold Enhancement in Proton Conduction by Doping of Cesium Ions in a Proton-Conducting Zwitterionic Metal-Organic Framework, European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry, 2016, DOI:10.1002/ejic.201600364.
- Barun Dhara, Subrahmanyam Sappati, Santosh K. Singh, Sreekumar Kurungot, Prasenjit Ghosh, Nirmalya Ballav; Coordination Polymers of Fe(III) and Al(III) Ions with TCA Ligand: Distinctive Fluorescence, CO2 Uptake, Redox-Activity and Oxygen Evolution Reaction, Dalton Transactions, 2016, 45, 6901-6908.
- Jing Liu, Ranhua Xiong, Toon Brans, Saskia Lippens, Eef Parthoens, Francesca Cella Zanacchi, Raffaella Magrassi, Santosh K. Singh, Sreekumar Kurungot, Sabine Szunerits, Hannelore Bové, Marcel Ameloot, Juan C Fraire, Eline Teirlinck, Sangram Keshari Samal, Riet De Rycke, Gaëlle Houthaeve, Stefaan C De Smedt, Rabah Boukherroub And Kevin Braeckmans; Repeated Photoporation with Graphene Quantum Dots Enables Homogeneous Labeling of Live Cells with Extrinsic Markers for Fluorescence Microscopy, Light: Science & Applications, 2018, 7, 47. DOI:10.1038/s41377-018-0048-3
- Fereshteh Chekin, Vladyslav Myshin, Ran Ye, Sorin Melinte, Santosh K. Singh, Sreekumar Kurungot, Rabah Boukherroub, Sabine Szunerits; Graphene-modified Electrodes for Sensing Doxorubicin Hydrochloride in Human Plasma, Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, 2019, DOI: 10.1007/s00216-019-01611-w.
- Debanjan Chakraborty, Shyamapada Nandi, Rajith Illathvalappil, Dinesh Mullangi, Rahul Maity, Santosh K. Singh, Sattwick Haldar, Chathakudath P. Vinod, Sreekumar Kurungot and Ramanathan Vaidhyanathan; Carbon Derived from Soft Pyrolysis of a Covalent Organic Framework as a Support for Small-Sized RuO2 Showing Exceptionally Low Overpotential for Oxygen Evolution Reaction, ACS Omega, 2019, DOI: 10.1021/acsomega.9b01777.
- Narugopal Manna, Nadeema Ayasha, Santosh K. Singh, Sreekumar Kurungot; A NiFe Layered double hydroxide-Decorated N-Doped Entangled-Graphene Framework: A Robust Water Oxidation Electrocatalyst, Nanoscale Advances, 2020, 2, 1709 – 1717.
Full list of publications: https://scholar.google.com
Invited Lectures, Talks, Conference Presentations
- Invited talk at Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee (IITR), India held on 21st April-2021 on the occasion of Ruby Jubilee Lecture Series (Talk title: Power to Hydrogen: Catalysis to Technology Development)
- Plenary lecture at “International Workshop on Clean and Sustainable Energy Storage/Conversion” organised by Chaudhary Ranbir Singh University, Jind, India held on March 17-19, 2021.
- Oral presentation in the 122nd catalysis Society of Japan (CSJ) meeting held on 26th to 28th September-2018 at Hakodate, Japan.
- Participated in “ElecNano” International Conference May 23–25, 2016 Organized in Lille, France.
- Poster Presentation during 11th ISEAC International Discussion Meet on Electrochemistry and its Applications, February 20-25, 2014, Hotel Radisson Blue, Amritsar, India.
- Poster Presentation at National Chemical Laboratory, Pune, India on Science Day Organized on 28-February-2015.
- Participated in One day Workshop held on “IP Licensing with a focus on Patents” organized at National Chemical Laboratory, India on 17-January-2015.
- Poster Presentation at “Fifth International Conference on Electroactive Polymers: Materials and Devices (ICEP-2012)” held at Banaras Hindu University, India during 04-November-2012.
- Participated in Science Day Quiz Competition held at the University of Delhi, India on 31 March-2011 Organized on the Occasion of “Celebration of International Year of Chemistry-2011”.
- Demonstration of 3D Printed Electrodes for Next-generation Energy Devices ("Nextgen-Cell"), Ashish Gupta (PI), Start-up Research Grant-SERB (INR ~3154520 INR) (2 Years).