Faculty at School of Natural Sciences
Representation Theory, Lie groups and algebras, and Mathematical Finance
1997, Ph.D., in Mathematics, University of California, Berkeley
1990, MS (Integrated) Mathematics, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
Professor, Department of Mathematics, School of Natural Sciences, Shiv Nadar University, Delhi-NCR
Professor, Mathematical Sciences Foundation, New Delhi.
Associate Professor, Mathematical Sciences Foundation, New Delhi
Lecturer, St. Stephen's College, Delhi
Visiting Scientist, Indian Statistical Institute, Bangalore
Visiting Fellow, Harish-Chandra Research Institute, Allahabad
Analysis, Algebra, and Number Theory
SNU Faculty Excellence Award for “Excellence in Teaching during 2011-14”
SNU Outstanding Teaching Award, 2021
- Samir Kumar Hazra and Amber Habib, Exact sequences in the cohomology of a Lie superalgebra extension, Linear and Multilinear Algebra, Vol 70, Issue 20, pp 5014—5031, 2022. DOI: 10.1080/03081087.2021.1902463
- Samir Kumar Hazra and Amber Habib, Wells Exact Sequence and Automorphisms of Extensions of Lie Superalgebras, Journal of Lie Theory, Vol 30, Issue 1, pp 179--199, 2020.
- Charu Sharma and Amber Habib, Mutual information based stock networks and portfolio selection for intraday traders using high frequency data: An Indian market case study. PLOS ONE 14(8): e0221910. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0221910
- Amber Habib, Direct limits of Zuckerman derived functor modules, Journal of Lie Theory, Vol 11 - No. 2, pp 339—353, 2001.
- Amber Habib, Calculus. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2022.
- Jonaki Ghosh, Amber Habib, Geetha Venkataraman, Learning Mathematics through Modelling and Simulation: An Investigative Approach. Universities Press, Hyderabad, 2022.
- Amber Habib, Methods of Mathematics, in Mapping Scientific Method: Disciplinary Narrations, eds. Gita Chadha and Renny Thomas. Routledge India, 2022.
- Nikita Agarwal, Amber Habib, Geetha Venkataraman, Indian Women and Mathematics, in Fifty Years of Women in Mathematics: Reminiscences, History, and Visions for the Future of AWM, eds. Janet L. Beery, Sarah J. Greenwald and Cathy Kessel, Springer, 2022.
- Shobha Bagai, Amber Habib and Geetha Venkataraman, A Bridge to Mathematics. SAGE Publishing, New Delhi, 2017.
- Amber Habib, The Calculus of Finance. Universities Press, Hyderabad, 2011.
- Resident faculty at Mathematical Training & Talent Search Programme: Groups & Symmetries (1999), Module Theory (2000), Geometry (2002), Topology (2003), Foundations & Logic (2006 and 2013), Linear Algebra (2012), Real Analysis (2014-16, 2018), Group Theory (2019-20, 2022-23).
- Popular lectures on aspects of mathematics, its history and its applications, to students at Hindu College, St. Stephen’s College, Hansraj College, Indraprastha College for Women, Islamic University of Science & Technology (Awantipora), Miranda House, Lady Shri Ram College for Women, LNMIIT Jaipur, St Albert’s College (Ernakulam), Nehru Learning Centre for Children & Youth, National Science Centre, Bennett University, Ashoka University, St. Xavier’s College (Kolkata).