Faculty at School of Management and Entrepreneurship
Ph.D., IIM Calcutta
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Corporate Control, Financial Reporting, Corporate Finance, Corporate Governance, and Internationalization
Ph.D., IIM Calcutta
MBA/PGDM, IMI Delhi
B.Com., Calcutta University
Associate Professor, Shiv Nadar University, Delhi-NCR
Assistant Professor, XLRI Jamshedpur
Visiting Faculty, IIM Bangalore
- Kalia, D., Basu, D., & Kundu, S. (2022). Board characteristics and demand for audit quality: a meta-analysis. Asian Review of Accounting, (ahead-of-print). https://doi.org/10.1108/ARA-05-2022-0121
- Basu, D., Mitra, S., & Verma, N. K. (2022). Mitigating credit risk: modelling and optimizing co-insurance in loan pricing. Applied Economics, 1-20.
- Basu, D., & Sen, K. (2022). Organizational form and access to capital: The role of regulatory interventions. Journal of Contemporary Accounting & Economics, 18(3), 100335.
- Basu, D. (2022). Information Asymmetry and the Role of Regulations: A Corporate Governance Perspective, Artha, IIM Calcutta, 2022, 8(1), 14-22. (e-journal).
- Basu, D., Chakraborty, K., Mitra, S., & Verma, N. K. (2021). Customer reciprocity in greening: the role of service quality. International Journal of Quality and Service Sciences, 14(2), 238-257.
- Basu, D. (2021). The Changing World of Accounting, Auditing, and Finance Divisions as Cost-Centres and COVID-19, Artha, IIM Calcutta, 2022, 7(2), 10-15. (e-journal).
- Basu, D., & Sen, K. (2015). Financial decisions by business groups in India: Is it 'fair and square'?. Journal of Contemporary Accounting & Economics, 11(2), 121-137.
- Does Effective Democracy Explain MNE Location Choice?: Attractiveness to FDI and Cross-Border M&As (with Shabana Mitra and Archana Purohit).
- Ownership Type, IFRS Convergence and Unconditional Conservatism (single author).
- Profit Efficiency of Internal Capital Markets (with Arnab Adhikari).
- Measuring Partial Democracies: Rules and their Implementation (with Shabana Mitra and Archana Purohit).
- The Impact of Non- ade Agreements on Foreign Direct Investment (with Sheetal Gupta and Shabana Mitra).
- (Ir) Rational Consumer Responses: Effect of Uncertain Tax Changes (with Sumit Agarwal, Pulak Ghosh, Bhuvanesh Pareek and Jian Zhang).
- E-wallet and Consumer's Digital Switch: Evidence from India (with Sumit Agarwal, Pulak Ghosh, Bhuvanesh Pareek and Jian Zhang).
- Unconditional Conservatism and Subsequent Real Earnings Management (with Kaustav Sen).
- Does Democratic Distance Matter in Cross-Border Acquisitions? Evidence from Developed and Emerging Economies (with Arindam Mondal and R. Shyaam Prasadh).
- Family Firms and Reporting Conservatism (with Arindam Mondal).
- Do Team Modi's note ban claims stand the test of data? See for yourself, The Economic Times, 13th September 2018.
- The Impact of Non-Trade Agreements on Foreign Direct Investment at o AFAANZ (Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand) Conference, July 2022.
- '7th International Conference on Empirical Issues in International Trade and Finance', Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), Kolkata December 2021.
- 'Regulations and Investment-Cash Flow Sensitivity: The Role of Group Affiliation and Ownership' at 43rd Annual Congress of the European Accounting Association, May 2021.
- Annual Journal of Contemporary Accounting and Economics (JCAE) Symposium, Tamkang University, Taipei, Taiwan, January 2017 [Plenary].
- Third International Conference on 'Drifts in Business, Governance and Societal Values: Conflicts and Challenges', International Management Institute (IMI), Bhubaneswar, December 2017.
- Finance and Economics Conference 2017, International Management Institute (IMI), Kolkata, December 2017.
- 'Can Unconditional Conservatism be Opportunistic' Evidence from Subsequent Real Earnings Management at Business Groups at 8th Journal of International Accounting Research Conference, June 2021.
- 42nd Annual Congress of the European Accounting Association (EAA), Paphos, Cyprus, May 2019.
- Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance (JAAF) Conference, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand, June 2017.
- American Accounting Association (AAA) Annual Meeting, San Diego, California, USA, August 2017.
- 'Does Business Group Affiliation Affect How Firms Manage Earnings In India?' at the Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance Conference, MISB Bocconi, Mumbai, January 2015.
- 'Customer Reciprocity in Greening: The Role of Service Quality' at the 14th International Conference - Convergence 2020, IFIM Bangalore, December 2020 (Honourable Mention Award).