Faculty at School of Humanities and Social Sciences
Documentary practice, documentary film studies, cinema studies, experimental film, futures studies, ecology, media history, mental health, myth, new media art, STS, and science fiction.
Ph.D., Centre for Research and Education in Art and Media (CREAM), University of Westminster, 2022
M.A., AJK Mass Communication Research Centre, Jamia Millia Islamia University, 2003
- 2022-present, Associate Professor, Department of Art, Media and Performance, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Shiv Nadar Institution of Eminence, Delhi-NCR
- 2019, 2020, Guest Lecturer, Centre for Research and Education in Art and Media (CREAM), University of Westminster, London
- 2010-12, Visiting Faculty, AJK Mass Communication Research Centre, Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi
- 2004-2011, Practitioner-Researcher, Sarai Media Lab, Sarai Programme, Centre for the Study of Developing Societies, New Delhi
- 2004-present, Independent filmmaker, artist and researcher
- Jakarta International Gold Award Winner, Jakarta International Film and Art Festival, 2018.
- Short-listed for the Tim Hetherington Visionary Award, 2016.
- Special Jury Mention, SAARC Film Festival, Colombo, 2016.
- Mary Kay First Prize, Seoul International Women's Film Festival, Korea, 2012.
- Best Editing, National Film Awards, India, 2012
- Best Direction, National Film Awards, India, 2012
- Best Short Documentary, International Documentary and Short Film Festival of Kerala, Trivandrum, 2011.
- CREAM Research Studentship, University of Westminster, 2017-2021
- Jai Chandiram Memorial Fellowship, International Association of Women in Film and Television, 2014-15
- PSBT Film Fellowship, Public Service Broadcasting Trust, Delhi, 2010, 2013
- Sarai Independent Fellowship (co researcher), Sarai- Centre for the Study of Developing Societies, 2003
- Spring Residency, Alserkal Arts Foundation, Dubai, 2022
- West Heavens film residency, supported by Moonchu Foundation, Yiwu, 2019
- Artist in Residence, Frise Kunstlerhuas, Hamburg, 2015
- West Heavens film research residency, Shanghai, 2015
- Artist in Residence, Pro Helvetia- Swiss Arts Council, Basel, 2012
- Artist in Residence, Sandarbh International Artists Workshop, Jaipur, 2012
- A Terrible Beauty (HD, 52’). Travelogue from a speculative future, 2023
- Bulbule (HD, 50’) A compelling account of people who live within an eco-system of drug abuse, poverty and violence, 2017
- Benegal’s New Cinema (HD, 58’). Explores the time, ethos and concerns of the New Cinema Movement in India through the work of Shyam Benegal, 2014
- There Is Something In The Air (DV PAL, 28’). A series of dream narratives and accounts of spiritual possession as experienced by women petitioners at the shrine of a Sufi saint in north India, 2011