Faculty at School of Engineering
- Biomass conversion, waste water treatment, process planning and scheduling
- B.Tech., Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee, 1996-2002
- M.S., University of Washington, Seattle, USA, 2004-2007
- Ph.D. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi, 2008-2011
- 4 years as Associate Professor in Department of Chemical Engineering at Shiv Nadar University
- 6 years as Assistant Professor in Department of Chemical Engineering at Shiv Nadar University.
- 3 and half years’ experience (1st March 2001- 30th June 2004) as technical and senior technical executive in paper and water treatment division of Kemira.
Young Scientist start up grant, Science & Engineering research board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, 2016-2019. Amount: Rs. 32 Lakhs. 2015 Young Scientist Grant, Council of Science & Technology, Department of Science and Technology-UP, Government of UP, 2015-2018. Amount: Rs. 10,50,000/-
- Yadav, S., Saikh M. A. Short-term scheduling of crude oil operations, Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, 2012, 51(27), 9287-9299.
- Yadav, S., Saikh M. A. Short-term scheduling of crude oil operations. Proceedings of 14th Asia pacific confederation of chemical engineering congress, Singapore, 21-24 Feb, 2012.
- Yadav, S. Optimization model for Short-term scheduling of lube-oil production process. International Journal of Chemical Engineering Application, 2014, 5(6), 439-445.
- Tinwala, F., Joshi, A.K., Yadav, S., and Mohanty, P. Thermo-chemical conversion of sawdust through in-situ quenching of pyro-vapor for green fuel. Industrial crops and products, 2015, 97, 560-564.
- Singh, D., Yadav, S., Mohanty, P. Study of temperature profile in an air bubbling fluidized bed gasifier for rice husk gasification with conventional charcoal as heating medium. Proceeding reports of APCEC 2017 Jais, 101-108.
- Tiwari A., Rajesh V.M., Yadav S. Biodiesel Production in Micro-reactors: A Review, Energy for Sustainable Development, 2018, 43, 143-161.
- Singh, D., Yadav, S., Rajesh, V.M., Mohanty, P. Groundnut Shell Gasification Performance in a Fluidized Bed Gasifier with Bubbling Air as Gasification Medium. Environmental Technology, 2018, I.F. 2.213, doi.org/10.1080/09593330.2018.1476592.
- Evaluation of the physico-chemical development of kitchen food wastes through torrefaction - a biodiversity case study., 2019, DOI: 10.1007/s13399-019-00526-x., I.F. 2.623.
- Dixit L., Yadav S., Shrivastava V., Snurag P. Ultrasonic cavitation tailored wastewater purification and desalination using thick sand of highly permeable deep aquifer. 2020, DOI: 10.1016/j.colsurfa.2019.124107
- Singh D., Yadav S. Low temperature steam gasification of kitchen food waste: Influence of temperature and steam flow rate. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. 2020 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2020.05.168
- Azhakesan A., Yadav S. Extraction of silica nanoparticles from rice husk ash and its characterization. JSIR, 2020. Vol. 79, 656-660.
- Singh D., Yadav S. Steam gasification with torrefaction as pretreatment to enhance syngas production. Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering. 2020, 9(1), 104722. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jece.2020.104722
- Singh D., Yadav S., Mohanty P. Sarangi P. K. Biochemical and Thermochemical route of hydrogen production from food waste: A comparative review. Chemical Engineering and Technology. 2021, https://doi.org/10.1002/ceat.202000526.
- Raizada, A., Yadav S., Tripadhi M., Misra Subham, Mohanty P. Food waste treatment using in-situ gasification after pyrolysis to produce hydrogen rich syngas. Biomass conversion and biorefinery, 2021, https://doi.org/10.1007/s13399-021-01857-4.
- Raizada, A., Singh D., Yadav S. Syngas production from fast pyrolysis and steam gasification of mixed food waste. Published online in Waste management & Research. https://doi.org/10.1177/0734242X221093948.
- Raizada A., Yadav S. Hydrogen rich syngas production from food waste via an integrated two-stage process of in-situ steam gasification after fast pyrolysis. Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects. 2022, **: 1608-1619. Published online. https://doi.org/10.1080/15567036.2022.2056269.
- Yadav S, Mohanty P. Utilization of paper mill sludge as sustainable source of hydrogen production from steam gasification: Effect of steam flow rate. Published online, Biofuels. 2022, 13(2):1-6. https://doi.org/10.1080/17597269.2022.2107658.
- Jain S, Modak S, Yadav S, Priyanka. Composition al study of bio-oil from slow pyrolysis of food waste. Biofuels, 2023: 14(43):1-7. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/17597269.2022.2126082.
- Modak S, Katiyar P, Yadav S, Jain S, Gole B, Talukdar D. Generation and characterization of bio-oil obtained from the slow pyrolysis of cooked food waste at various temperatures. Waste Management, 2023, 158(1): 23-26. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/17597269.2022.2126082.
- Yadav S, Katiyar P, Al Mesfer MK, Danish M. Syngas production from thermochemical conversion of mixed food waste: A review. WIRES Energy and Environemnt, 2023,**-**. https://doi.org/10.1002/wene.468.
Title: Air bubbling fluidized bed gasification of paper mill sludge with torrefaction as pretreatment
Agency: Science & Engineering research board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India
Role: PI (Principal Investigator)
Amount: Rs. 32 Lakh
Status: Closure reported submitted in 2020
Title: Decolorization of Old Corrugated Cardboard (OCC) based recycled paper mill effluent using Electrochemical Oxidation with metal plate.
Agency: Council of Science & Technology, Department of Science and Technology-UP, Government of UP,
Amount: Rs. 10.50 Lakhs
Role: PI (Principal Investigator)
Status: completed in 2021
Title: Hydrogen and Biodiesel Production using Waste as Feedstock
Agency: Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India under FIST scheme
Amount: 1.11 Crores
Duration: 4 years