Faculty at School of Engineering
Solar Energy, Power Tower Plants, Solar Still, Water Desalination, and Alternative Fuels
2013, Ph.D., Indian Institute of Technology Madras
2009, M.Tech., Rajasthan Technical University, Kota
2003, B.Tech., MDU, Rohtak
Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, School of Engineering, Shiv Nadar University, Delhi-NCR
Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, School of Engineering, Shiv Nadar University, Delhi-NCR
Project Officer, IITM-NIOT Cell, IIT M
Lecturer, Amity University, Noida
Lecturer, Amity University, Jaipur
Lecturer, Shobhit Institute of Engineering & Technology, Meerut
- December 2009 - September 2012: Doctoral scholarship, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India
- Tiwari Sumit*, Swaminathan Muthukarupan, Santhosh Eashwar S, Harender & Singh Desh Bandhu, 'Performance enhancement of the photovoltaic system with different cooling methods' Environmental Science and Pollution Research, Springer, 29, (2022) 45107-45130 (IF:4.22).
- Singh V, Kumar R, Sharma R K, Singh S P, Harender, and Singh D B, 'An investigation on effect of variation of mass flow rate and number of collectors on yearly efficiency of single slope solar still by incorporating N similar photovoltaic thermal flat plate collectors' Water Supply 22 (2022) 5126-5148 (IF:1.77).
- D. Purnachandrakumar, Mittal Gaurav, Sharma R. K., Singh D. B., Tiwari Sumit & Sinhmar Harender*, Review on performance assessment of solar stills using computational fluid dynamics (CFD), Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 29, (2022) 38673-38714 (IF: 4.22).
- Singhai Rakesh, Banker Nitin, Sinhmar Harender*, Jain Sarthak, and Kulshreshtha Shikhar, 'Effect of aspect ratio of heliostats on the optical efficiency of solar tower power plant-an experimental analysis', Energy Resources Part A: Recovery, Utilization and Environmental Effects, Taylor & Francis, https://doi.org/10.1080/15567036.2020.1751745 (2020) (IF:2.9).
- Singhai Rakesh, Sinhmar Harender and Banker Nitin, 'Effect of Aspect Ratio of Heliostat on Cost of Energy from Solar Power Tower Plants' Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering (Springer), 45, (2019) 877-890. (IF:2.07).
- Singh A. K., Singh D. B., Mallick Ashis, Harender , Sharma Sanjeev, Kumar Navneet, and Dwivedi V. K., 'Performance analysis of specially designed single basin passive solar distillers incorporated with novel solar desalting stills: A review' Solar Energy 185 (2019) 146-164. (IF:5.7).
- Singh D.B., Kumar N., Harender, Kumar Satish; and Sharma Sanjeev, 'Effect of depth of water on various efficiencies and productivity of N identical partially covered PVT collectors incorporated single slope solar distiller unit' Desalination and Water Treatment, 138, (2019), 99-112. (IF:1.63).
- Singhai Rakesh, Harender and Banker Nitin, 'Theoretical Investigation of Aspect Ratio of Heliostat to Minimize Capital Cost of Solar Tower Plant' International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, 13, (2018) 13652-13659.
- Chandrasekaran S and Harender, 'Failure mode and effects analysis of a Mechanical Wave Energy Converter.' International Journal of Intelligent Engineering Informatics 3, (2015).
- Karthick Amar, Chandrasekaran S, Karuppan Sivakumar and Sinhmar Harender, 'Laboratory experiments on non-floating body to generate electric energy from ocean waves.' Frontiers in Energy, 6, (2012) 361-365. (IF:2.7).
- Chandrasekaran S and Harender, 'Power generation using Mechanical Wave Energy Converter' International Journal of ocean and climate systems, 3, (2012) 57-70.
- Ajay Pratap Singh, Sumit Tiwari, Harender, Prabhakar Tiwari, and S.N. Singh (2022), 'Performance Analysis of Solar Energy Conversion Technology' Energy Conversion: Methods, Technology and Future Direction, NOVA publication.
- Sinhmar Harender, Bhati Jitendra, and Bhati Ritanshu, 'Experimental Investigation of Solar Still With Varying Pressure' Proceedings of the ASME 2019 Gas Turbine India, (December 5-6, 2019, IIT Madras, India).
- Sinhmar Harender, Kulshreshtha Neelansh, Jhawar Siddharth and V Abhishek Menon, 'Improvement in Efficiency of Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion (OTEC) Cycle Using Heliostats' 11th International Exergy, Energy and Environment Symposium, SRM Chennai, 14-18 July 2019.
- Singhai Rakesh, Banker Nitin, and Sinhmar Harender*, 'Experimental Investigation of Wind Loads Acting on the Heliostats of Solar Power Tower Plant and Its Variation with Varying Aspect Ratios' 8th Global Conference on Global Warming (April 22-25, 2019, Doha, Qatar).
- Banker Nitin, Pilligundla Rohit, Negi Harshil, Bysani Bhanu Prakash Reddy, and Sinhmar Harender*, 'Thermodynamic investigation of a cogeneration system: a combination of concentrated PV/Thermal and an adsorption refrigeration system' 8th Global Conference on Global Warming (April 22-25, 2019, Doha, Qatar).
- Singhai Rakesh, Banker N.D., and Harender, 'Heliostat Design for Low Wind Terrain' 12th International Conference on Thermal Engineering: Theory and Application February 23-26, 2019, PDPU Gandhinagar, India.
- Harender, Mittal Dhruv, Deo Deepank, Aditya S and Kumar Arvind, 'Computational Analysis of Active and Passive Evacuated Tube Solar Collector' 1st International Conference on Future Learning Aspects of Mechanical Engineering (FLAME - 2018) October 3rd-5th, 2018, Amity University, India.
- Kumar Arvind, Lal Shiv and Harender, 'Thermodynamic analysis of factors affecting performance of solar collectors' International conference on 'Advances in power generation from renewable energy sources' (APGRES 2017), December 22-23 2017, at Govt. Engineering College Banswara, Rajasthan India.
- Harender, Lal Shiv, Kumar Ashok, Kumar Vijay and Koirala Pallav, 'A comparative study of Diesel, Karanja and Cotton Seed Biodiesel' International conference on 'Advances in power generation from renewable energy sources' (APGRES 2015), June 15-16, 2015, at Rajasthan Technical University, Kota, India-324010.
- Chandrasekaran S and Harender, 'Design and efficiency analysis of Mechanical Wave Energy Converter' Proceedings of the ASME 2011 30th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering, June 19-24, 2011, Rotterdam, Netherlands.
- Lal Shiv and Harender, "A comparative study of karanja and soyabean biodiesel." Proceedings of Ist International conference on "New Frontiers in Biofuels" January 18-19, 2010, New Delhi, India.
- Raturi, Anuj, Singh, D.B. and Harender, 'Integrated Hot Water Normalizing Apparatus', Patent Application No: 202011033143, Date of Sub.: 02/08/2020, Country: India, Patentee: Doon Intellectual Property Solutions (DIPS), Status: Filed.