M.Tech. program in VLSI Design & Embedded Systems: Eligibility and Selection Process
- Candidates should have completed a B.Tech/BE/BS (4 years) in ECE/EE/EEE or equivalent with a minimum 60% score or 6.5 CGPA or an MSc in Physics/Electronics or equivalent with a minimum 60% score or 6.5 CGPA.
- Candidates should have a valid GATE/CUET-PG score (in Electronics/Electrical Engg domains)
- Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria must take a written test, which will be held on dates announced later.
- GATE-qualified candidates are exempted from the written test.
- CUET-PG candidates may be exempted from the written test depending on their CUET-PG score.
- Candidates qualifying for the written test (or those exempted from it) will be called for an interview.
- Final selections will be based on past academic performance, GATE/CUET-PG scores, a written test (if applicable), and interviews.
Syllabus for the written test
- Mathematical aptitude, reasoning, and knowledge in core subjects of ECE will be tested. Please refer to the GATE syllabus for Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) for details.
1) Applicants waiting for the qualifying examination results are also eligible to apply. However, those who are finally qualified must produce proof of minimum eligibility before being admitted in the program
2) Employees of industry or universities or colleges who are sponsored full-time by their respective organizations can also apply for the MTech program. All such persons are required to satisfy a minimum working or professional experience of two years and are required to produce a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their respective employer at the time of admission.