Lift Your Professional Profile to a New High with Shiv Nadar IoE's Doctorate (PhD) In Management
Blog / October 15, 2022PhD in Managementcareer after phd in managementeligibility for phd in management
The first thing that comes to mind when talking about PhD in Management is ‘challenging.’ However, a PhD in Management possesses what it requires to pursue a lucrative career in business and management. A PhD in Management is almost universally regarded as unsuitable for anything other than academic and research positions, let alone management and business sector positions.
Many business and management experts contend that Ph.D. holders lack the necessary skills and expertise to provide value to others. However, the reality is that Ph.D. scholars have management expertise and professional experience that are typically thought out and thoroughly researched.
In India, Business and Management education has expanded rapidly. According to AACSB International, India has 3000 MBA programs, the world's highest! However, education leaders lament a need for more qualified faculty. Moreover, with the advent of Industry 3.0 and the proliferation of IT in business, management planning and practices are being altered. These advancements demonstrate the importance of skilled researchers and faculties in various management domains.
How Can a PhD in Management Add Wings to Your Career?
Businesses worldwide require efficient and productive employees to enhance their services or products. As a result, most business management specialists have memorized phrases that they have gleaned from their education, experience, and training. A PhD in Management develops a wide range of skills, which may surprise you regarding their transferability. Let's take a look at four of the most notable.
- Research: Research is the key focus of a Ph.D. because it is what one will be trained to do in seeking a solution to the problem that intrigues their interest, what one will continue to do throughout their career, and what one needs to do to complete a successful thesis.
Constructing a business play necessitates extensive research in design and development, as well as marketing and operations. Recognizing a new market and target audience also necessitates extensive research. A doctorate offers exceptional research skills you can pass on to potential employees in the organization.
- Project Management: Excellent project management skills are essential for any Ph.D. candidate seeking a successful research experience. PhD in Management graduates learn the significance of managing time, resource endowments, and cost management, whether they work alone or with research assistants. The path from proposal to submission will include planning, roadblocks, pivoting, success, and even failure.
- Leadership: Many people will gain leadership skills by pursuing a PhD in Management. Challenges shape your leadership abilities, and the project's success or failure will be entirely on your shoulders. This responsibility will strengthen your decisions and make you a more effective decision-maker.
- Public Speaking: As a PhD in Management scholar, you will be required to demonstrate your notions to a sizeable skilled audience, where you will be queried and critiqued on your decisions and the results of those decisions. Professional public speaking is essential to teach in business and management classes. This will assist you in expressing your ideas clearly in a professional context.
The Best Options for Career After After PhD in Management
Ph.D. scholars possess all of the skills required for business success. Problem-solving, self-motivation, and teamwork are examples of these abilities. They can also bring deeper insights to the table with the appropriate specialization. Here are some popular options for a career after PhD in Management:
- Business Development Specialist
- Management Consulting
- Business Professor
- Organizational Change Manager
- Research Associate
- Product Manager
Management courses are plentiful; the various courses available allow one to specialize in Business and Management. On the other hand, a PhD in Management allows candidates to approach the same skills from a different angle and at their own pace.
Bring Out the Scholar in You with a Doctorate In Management at Shiv Nadar Institution of Eminence (Deemed to be University)
The Ph.D. program at the School of Management and Entrepreneurship (SME) of Shiv Nadar Institution of Eminence (Deemed to be University) is designed to foster inquisitive thinking in progressing the research field with deep knowledge. The pre-thesis coursework serves as a springboard for high-quality research output. It has two broad objectives:
- To provide candidates with essential data analysis and pattern identification tools and techniques.
- To sensitize the extensive knowledge already developed in management and related topics.
Shiv Nadar IoE's Doctorate In Management program encourages researchers to pursue multidisciplinary projects, either within the school's academic areas or from the massive pool of research areas available at other Schools of the University.
Eligibility for PhD in Management at Shiv Nadar IoE requires a postgraduate degree in any discipline with at least 60% in eligibility assessments or an equivalent CGPA. Additionally, PGDM and professional certifications recognized by competent authorities are equivalent to a Master's degree.
Shiv Nadar IoE - A University with Research At Its Core
The worth of a PhD in Management program is apparent. It can be helpful not only for research and academics but also for various other purposes. For example, after completing a PhD in Management, you can work as a business development specialist, do management consulting, or even start your own business.
Shiv Nadar IoE's Doctorate In Management focuses on research and develops project management, leadership, public speaking, and teamwork skills. It promises a globally recognized PhD in Management that allows you to study and work simultaneously. Student counselors and faculty provide unmatched support, and the curriculum helps improve your abilities in research, academics, and all aspects of the business process. So what are you waiting for? Apply now at Shiv Nadar IoE to pursue your Doctorate In Management efficiently!