Business Sector Internship
The focus of the BMS program is to provide its students with practice-oriented knowledge on various managerial functions. To provide ample exposures to them about real-world businesses, experiential learning is an integral part of the program. Students undergo a 6-8-week long business sector internship with a reputed corporate.
They work extensively (40 Hours per week) on a real-life project provided by their reporting manager and participate in the day-to-day operations of the firm. Shiv Nadar University gives due emphasis on experiential learning by making it an integral part of evaluation.
The objectives of the Business Sector Internship are as follows:
- Develop the ability to apply business concepts and theories to real-world decision-making in specific management disciplines such as Human Resource, Marketing, Sales, Finance, Operations, Strategy, General Management, Accounting, and Information Systems.
- Work on the project assigned by the reporting manager, collect necessary data, analyses the data using appropriate statistical tools, apply theoretical concepts, and communicate the results to the management in the desired form.
- Develop essential skill sets necessary for successful corporate careers such as teamwork, communication skills, technology, and quantitative/qualitative reasoning.
- Develop public relation skills and expand the network with professionals working in the firm.
- Understand the day-to-day operations of the firm and develop a thorough understanding of the corporate culture.