Faculty at School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Core research engagement with aesthetics and politics of image, collective art practices; issues concerning the relationship between land and labour; discourses of representational impossibility, the body as a witness, and the representation of violence in contemporary times.
- MA-Fine Arts; De Montfort University, Leicester, UK (2019-2020).
- MA-Visual Arts; Ambedkar University Delhi, New Delhi, India (2014-2016).
- BFA-Painting; Bengal Art College; Indira Kala Sangeet Vishwavidyalaya, Khairagarh, Chhattisgarh (2004-2008).
- 2022 November-present, Assistant Professor, Department of Art, Media and Performance, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Shiv Nadar Institution of Eminence, Delhi-NCR.
- “Kiran Nadar Museum of Art”, Saket, New Delhi, India; worked as documentalist and archivist of their entire art collections; Started from October 2016 to November 2017.
- “RVW 720” an AD Agency, New Delhi, India; worked as a Visualizer and Designer from November 2008– September 2009.
- 2008-present, Independent Visual Artist and researcher.
- Hello! India Art Awards: Critical Voice of the Year; By Hello Magazine; 5th February 2023.
- FICA Emerging Artist Award, given by Foundation for Indian Contemporary Art collaboration with Pro Helvetia-Swiss Art Council, 2018.
- Charles Wallace long-term scholarship (CWIT), for one-year MA in Fine Art at De Montfort University, Leicester, UK, 2019-2020.
- Ambedkar University Delhi: Merit Scholarship, Fee Waiver, Student Welfare Fund in all four semesters from 2014-2016.
- Rotary Club Calcutta, West Bengal, student grant for education 2007.
- Switzerland Residency, Supported by Pro Helvetia, Swiss Council, Part of Emerging Artist Award, 2nd April to 30th June 2019.
- “A Beautiful Contract: An Untold Truth of mind”, residency program at Banipur Art Society and Institute of Culture, West Bengal; July 2018.
- AIFACS 3 day’s art camp, Delhi, India, 2018.
- Lafarge Holcim Stipend by Verein Solikonto, Switzerland; for one-year received from 2nd Feb 2021.
- “Forms within a field” a methods workshop on Text and Image based and reading session facilitated by me, organized by Kiran Nadar Museum of Art, Saket, 2-6pm, 18th Feb 2023.
- “The Tomorrows of Living Together” I have presented my works, moderated by Nilanjan Bhattacharya; workshop was part of a Transnational exchange and exhibition project called ‘Beyond Migration- Kolkata/Guwahati Forum: The Art of Living Together’; Curated by Ariane Beyn, Nilanjan Bhattacharya and Schafaff; organized by Goethe-Institute, Max Muller Bhavan, Kolkata, India, 4th December 2022.
- “Other Voices, Other Cities” workshop conducted by Sue Williamson, a South Africa based artist activist and Prameya Art Foundation, Shrine Empire, Delhi, 2017.
- “Images as reference and vocabularies of practice – A dialogic presentation” (Segment-XV of webinars) moderated by Pinak Banik (Artist & Scholar), Organized by ‘Group’ Initiative, 30th April 2023, 7.30pm.
- “New Practice” Season #5 (lecture sereis) ‘Anupam Roy in conversation with Prof. Y. S. Alone’; organized by Kiran Nadar Museum of Art, Saket; Thursday, 13th April 2023.
- “Politics of Art & Politicising Art” a presentation on my practice at RLV Music and Fine Arts College, Thrippunithura, Kerala,16th December 2022.
- “Artistic Activism in India”, Two days online conference organized with the support of Maison des Sciences de l' Homme Paris Nord, Center for South Asian Studies, Laboratory of Information and Communication Sciences-EA1803, Research team- Art /Design /Scenography Research Laboratory MICA-EA4426, Bordeaux Montaigne University, and French Institute of Pondicherry-UMIFRE21CNRS-MAE: 11th & 12th of May 2021.
- “Critical Irrealism as a key Socialist Cultural Strategy”, Historical Materialism Online Conference, I have Performed online as News Anchor, “Locust Re-views 21 headlines”, presented with other Locust Review editors Adam Turl, Alexander Billet, and Holly Lewison,12th November 2020.
- “Secular Art Movement”, Maharashtra, Presentation on Propaganda as Art Practice, Online art talk: 21, 3rd May 2020.
- "Representational Impossibility", Historical Materialism London conference, Presentation on, SOAS, London, November 2019.
- “Witnessing Body”, a work presentation and discussion, invited by HSLU, Lucerne, Switzerland, 3rd June 2019.
- “The Impossibility of representation and the real image” a talk organized by #The Dialogue, Stiftung Bartels Foundation, Basel, 19th June 2019.
- Participate and presenting my practice in “De-text", organized by Philosophy Unbound, with Paribartana Mohanty and Akansha Rastogi, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi 2018.
- “Frieze” Fair, London, UK, with other artists- Hemali Bhuta, Mahesh Baliga, Neha Choksi, Amitesh Shrivastava and Amol K Patil; supported and participated by Project88, 2021.
- “Synergy” MA Annual Show, De Montfort University, Leicester, UK; September 2020.
- Open Studio, Switzerland Residency, Supported by Pro Helvetia, Swiss Council, part of Emerging Artist Award, 27th June 2019.
- “2018 Triennial: Songs for Sabotage” New Museum, New York; Curated by Gary Carrion-Murayari and Alex Gartenfeld; 13th February to 27th May 2018.
- “Historical Materialism”, Montreal, Organized by Red Wedge, curated by Adam Turl, May 2018.
- “Frieze” Fair, New York, USA, with other artists- Rohini Devashe, Sandeep Mukherjee, Neha Choksi, Raqs Media Collective, The Otolith Group, Amitesh Shrivastava, supported and participated by Project 88, 2019.
- “Broken Cogs in The Machine” Vadhera Art Gallery Delhi, 6th July to 4th August 2022.
- “De-Notified Land” Project88, Mumbai, 14th March to 4th May 2019.
- “Labyrinth” (Reflections on 21st-century Politics), BC gallery, Fort Kochi, Kerala, 10-25th December 2017.
- “Migratory Bird” Tagore Hall, University of Delhi and School of Arts and Aesthetics and SIS Building, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, 2010.
Exhibitions, Group Shows, Open Studio:
- “Interrogations and Ideologies: A quest for Equality” Curated by Prof. Y. S. Alone at American Embassy School, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, started 12th May 2023.
- “Poetics of the real and the imagined” an exhibition of visual arts presented by the Charles Wallace India Trust in collaboration with the British Council; curated by Latika Gupta; 13th January to 2nd March 2023.
- “Indian Art Fair 2023”, Delhi; booth D4 presented by Project 88, Mumbai; 9th to 12th Feb 2023.
- “Dismantling Aesthetics of Inhibition: Representing Difference” a group exhibition curated by Prof. Y. S. Alone; Gallery OED, Bazar Road, Mattancheri, Kochi; 10th December 2022 to 10th January 2023.
- “Naya Anjor” a group exhibition curated by Arushi Vats, Organized by Anant Art, Bikaner House, Delhi, 2nd to 12th December 2022.
- “People’s Freedom 75” at Bhupesh Gupta Bhavan, Mumbai, 7th to 13th August 2022.
- “Notes on Tending” FICA X India Art Fair, Organized by Foundation for Indian Contemporary Art (booth: H-3), NSIC Exhibition Grounds, New Delhi; 28th April to 1st May 2022.
- “Revolution & Counter Revolution” Organized by Secular Art Movement Maharashtra and Curated by Prabhakar Kamble, Jahangir Art Gallery, Mumbai, India, 22nd to 28th March 2022.
- “Speculations on a New World Order” Curated by Anuska Rajendran, an online Exhibition, organized by Shrine Empire, New Delhi; 15th April-15th May 2020.
- “Memories of Change” Exhibition hosted by Parcha Project–The Pamphlet, Repository for Changing Activism, Indian Habitat Centre, New Delhi, India; 6th to 13th November 2019.
- “Critical constellation” organized by Foundation for Indian Contemporary Art (FICA), Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts, Delhi; 31st Jan to 9th Feb 2019.
- “Imagining Forest” curated by Avani Sethi & V. Divakar, Conflictorium, Raipur (22nd April to 22nd June 2022); Ahmedabad (13th July to 23rd August 2018).
- “Bevaru” (In sweat and thought) collaboration with Maraa Collective, Venkatappa Art Gallery, Bangalore, May 2018.
- “Weaving Labyrinths”, An art book Published by Navarun Delhi, ISBN no- 978-93-93077-04-2; 2022. Link: https://navarun.com/product/weaving-labyrinths/?v=98f877c23e25
- Book name: “Bangla Poster: Dui Banglar Lekha o Chobi” (published an chapter in Bengali, Titled: ‘Poster’, Page no. 192-199) Link: https://www.boipattor.in/shop-v2/bangla-poster-dui-banglar-lekha-o-chobi/
- “Introducing the “New Observationists”: Demystifying a potential tool to revolt in mobile exercise of visuals” article written by Dhrupadi Ghosh; Research review international journal of multidisciplinary; vol. 8 no. 6, 2023, (This article, which is part of writers PhD thesis, here she discussed about my artistic practice)
- “Body on the Barricades: Life, Art and Resistance in Contemporary India” written by Brahma Prakash; I have done the illustration for front cover and a few of my artworks also part of this publication; Published by Left Word, May 2023.
- “Artists Against the Bomb” is a collective initiative that publishes and displays a collection of posters that calling for universal nuclear disarmament. One of my posters is part of the poster series that was first publicly introduced in Vienna at the MST1, first Meeting of States Parties to the TPNW. Afterward, it was presented at the Køs Museum in Copenhagen, on billboards across the city of Santa Fe, New Mexico, at Festival Ceremonia in Mexico City, and a growing number of other venues. The closing project will be presented in November of 2023 at the MST2, at the Visitor Lobby inside the United Nations in New York City.
- “Elephant in the Room: infrastructures of signaling in the Arts”, Published by Conflictorium – Museum of Conflict (India) in collaboration with contemporary art center Stroom Den Haag in The Hague (NL); 2023.
- “Art and Propaganda: From Sandip K Luis's conversation with Anupam Roy...” published by Deshabhimani Weekly, (Malayalam) 29th May 2023. Link:https://www.deshabhimani.com/special/anupam-roy-sandeep-k-louis/1094692
- “Constructing Counter-Imaginaries” written by Anupam Roy, Adam Turl & Tish Turl; article originally appeared in the print edition of Imago #2, the non-fiction; 22nd May 2023.
- “The Propagandist as an Artist: Myth, Meaning and Machine”, Article written by Aatika Singh, Published by Hakara, a bi-lingual journal of creative expression, Edition 18: Myth, 2023.