Department of International Relations and Governance Studies, will moderate a webinar on 'Bulandshahr Legacy- Jal Jeevan'
Professor Rajeswari S. Raina, Department of International Relations and Governance Studies, will moderate a webinar on 'Bulandshahr Legacy- Jal Jeevan' to be held on 27 August 2021 from 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM.
'Bulandshahr Legacy' is a journey led by citizens, with academics, environmentalists, and social entrepreneurs as collaborators for collective reappropriation of the history of a Tier B town in Uttar Pradesh through community participation.
The webinar will have a panel discussion by eminent environmentalists, artists, economists, and sociologists. The panel will discuss key social, cultural, and economic systems in Bulandshahr, an administrative unit flanked by the Ganges on one side, the Yamuna on the other, with two rivers the Kali Nadi and the Neem Nadi that run through it.
- The rivers and their natural and social relationships with other systems in the region
- National and international importance of this intervention in our climate challenged planet
- Vision for the region and its water systems
- Action areas and how implementation will be done
- How stakeholders and actors would like to engage in this intervention
Who is it for?
- City Planners, Public Water Utilities
- Arts, Cultural, Ecological and Sustainability Practitioners
- Archaeologists, Economists, Sociologists
- Environmental Scientists and Paleo-limnologists
- Historians, Researchers, Students, Educators
- CSOs, NGOs, Consultants
- Start-ups, Entrepreneurs