Statistical Mechanics and Computational Physics
Soft Matter & Biophysics
2010 - Ph.D. The Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai, India
2002 - M.Sc.(Physics) Lucknow University, Lucknow
1999 - B.Sc. Lucknow University, Lucknow
04/12 ? Present: Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, School of Natural Sciences, Shiv Nadar University, Delhi-NCR
2010 ? 2012: Post Doctoral Fellow, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, Bangal
2002 - Qualified in the national-level CSIR-UGC National Eligibility Test for Lectureship in December 2002.
2003 - Selected in the Joint Entrance Screening Test for Graduate Research in India in 2003 (Qualified in the 99th percentile)
2006- Selected for the ?Workshop on the Driven States in Soft and Biological Matter? (18-28 April 2006) at the International Centre for Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy.
1) Monika Choudhary, Syed Mohammad Kamil, "Phase Diagram Study of Catanionic Surfactants Using Dissipative Particle Dynamics", ACS omega,7, 2022
2) Yash Gurbani, Santosh Kumar, Syed Kamil, "Statistical Physics of Associative Memory on Small World Networks", Bulletin of the American Physical Society(APS), 2022
3) D Chakraborty, V Kumar, SM Kamil, P Johari, "Using Density Functional Theory to Correlate Charge Transport Properties with Gas Sensing by Organic Nanowires", ACS Applied Nano Materials 4 (6), 5972-5980, 2021
4) M Choudhary, SM Kamil, "Phase diagram study of sodium dodecyl sulfate using dissipative particle dynamics", ACS omega 5 (36), 22891-22900, 2020
5) S Mitra, R Karri, PK Mylapalli, AB Dey, G Bhattacharya, G Roy, SM Kamil, ..."Re-entrant direct hexagonal phases in a lyotropic system of surfactant induced by an ionic liquid", Liquid Crystals 46 (9), 1327-1339, 2019
6) B Bagchi, SM Kamil, TR Tummuru, I Semor?dov?, M Znojil, "Branched Hamiltonians for a Class of Velocity Dependent Potentials", Journal of Physics: Conference Series 839, 012011, 2017
7) S Saw, SM Kamil, C Dasgupta, "Spatial modulation of the composition of a binary liquid near a repulsive wall", Phys. Rev. E 91, 052406, 2015
1) Y Gurbani, SM Kamil, S Kumar, Associative memory on small-world networks, AIP Conference Proceedings 2377 (1), 040005, 2021
2) Lecture delivered in the Indian Statistical Physics Community Meeting from 19 Feb - 21 Feb 2020 in Bangalore.
3) 3rd Soft Matter Young Investigators Meeting 17 - 20 December 2015, Pondicherry, India.
Organized at International Centre for Theoretical Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Bangalore 560089, India