Faculty at School of Natural Sciences
- 2014-2019, Ph. D. in Experimental Condensed Matter Physics & Material Sciences, SNBNCBS, Kolkata, India.
- 2012-2014, MSc. IIT Roorkee.
- 27th March 2023 – Present, Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, School of Natural Sciences, SNIoE, Delhi NCR, India.
- 14th October 2019 – 15th September 2022, Postdoctoral Researcher, University of California, Berkeley, USA.
• INSPIRE Faculty Award, 2023
• INSA Visiting Scientist Award by Indian National Science Academy, June 2023.
• Certificate of appreciation received for delivering talk at Online Spintronic Workshop, IIT Delhi, India, July 2022.
- Sucheta Mondal, Debanjan Polley, Akshay Pattabi, Jyotirmoy Chatterjee, David Salomoni, Luis Aviles-Felix, Aurélien Olivier, Miguel Rubio-Roy, Bernard Diény, Liliana Daniela Buda Prejbeanu, Ricardo Sousa, Ioan Lucian Prejbeanu, Jeffrey Bokor, Optical Switching in Tb/Co-Multilayer Based Nanoscale Magnetic Tunnel Junctions, (accepted in Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 2023).
- Sucheta Mondal, Imaging of Antiferromagnetic Domains by Using Magneto-Optical Birefringence Effect Microscopy Technique: An Overview, Acta Scientific Applied Physics 3 (6), 29-37 (2023).
- Sourav Sahoo, Sucheta Mondal, Samiran Choudhury, Jaivardhan Sinha, Anjan Barman, All-Optical study of Gilbert damping and spin orbit torque in Ta/CoFeB/SiO2 heterostructures, Materials Science and Engineering: B 287, 116131 (2023) (Impact factor: 4.051).
- Sucheta Mondal, Debanjan Polley, Akshay Pattabi, Jyotirmoy Chatterjee, David Salomoni, Luis Aviles-Felix, Aurélien Olivier, Miguel Rubio-Roy, Bernard Diény, Liliana Daniela Buda Prejbeanu, Ricardo Sousa, Ioan Lucian Prejbeanu, Jeffrey Bokor, Optical Switching in Tb/Co-Multilayer Based Nanoscale Magnetic Tunnel Junctions, uploaded in arxiv:2212.10361 (2022).
- Sucheta Mondal, Yuxuan Lin, Debanjan Polley, Cong Su, Alex Zettl, Sayeef Salahuddin, Jeffrey Bokor, Accelerated Ultrafast Magnetization Dynamics in Graphene/CoGd interfaces, ACS Nano, 16 (6), 9620-9630 (2022) (Impact factor: 18.030).
- Debanjan Polley, Akshay Pattabi, Jyotirmoy Chatterjee, Sucheta Mondal, Kaushalya Jhuria, Hanuman Singh, Jon Gorchon, Jeffrey Bokor, Progress Towards Picosecond On-chip Magnetic Memory, Applied Physics Letters, 120 (14), 140501 (2022) (Impact factor: 3.971).
IEEE membership ID 94612224 (Annual membership)
Member of MRSI, India Lifetime member
Member of MSI, India Lifetime member
Over 30 conferences were attended, and more than 25 presentations were delivered so far in different national and international platforms between 2014 and present.
- Invited talk delivered on ‘Optical switching of the advanced spintronic devices’ at SPIE seminar series, IIT Roorkee, India, September 2022.
- Invited talk delivered on ‘Accelerated Ultrafast Magnetization Dynamics in graphene/CoGd interfaces’ at Online Spintronics Workshop, IIT Delhi, India, July 2022.
- Talk & poster in Berkeley Engineering and Technology Research Centre workshop on ‘Optically Switchable Nanoscale Magnetic Tunnel Junctions’, UC Berkeley, USA, May 2022.
- Scientific artwork titled “Magnetic thumb impression” was selected for display at the ‘Magnetism Art showcase’ panel in 15th Joint MMM-Intermag-2022, New Orleans, LA, USA, 2022.
1. Study of the interfacial interaction in hybrid magnetic systems, Sponsored by Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India under their INSPIRE faculty fellowship programme (assigned for 5 years, starting from 2023).