Assistant Professor, Academic Writing
Academic writing and Critical Thinking, Cultural history of 19th Century South Asia, and History of Archives and Archiving
Ph.D., Ludwigs Maximilian Universitaet, Munich, Germany
M.A., Centre for Historical Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University
Archivist, Ashoka University
Contemporary History Archive, Ashoka University
UGC Fellow, School of Cultural Texts and Records, Jadavpur University, Kolkata
UGC Fellow- 2009-10 at School of Arts and Aesthetics, Jawaharlal Nehru University
Recipient of the prestigious Reinhart Koselleck Project of Global Theatre Histories funded by the German Research Foundation (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft) for doctoral research and completion
Recepient of Graduate School Award (LMU, Munich) for Doctoral research
Tiger, Tamer, Strongman and Spy: History of circus in India, Monograph forthcoming, Picador, Pan Macmillan, 2023.
1. https://qz.com/india/882807/the-bengali-woman-who-challenged-lions-tigers-and-hindu-revivalists, Quartz, 2017.
2. https://indianexpress.com/article/lifestyle/art-and-culture/a-fine-specimen-4542126/, 2017, The Indian Express.
3. https://mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com/others/sunday-read/day-of-the-joker/articleshow/71239049.cms, Mumbai Mirror, 2019.
1. Writing workshop for Benares Hindu University, Jadavpur University, India, 2020-2021.
2. Lecture on Circus and memory, Arts and Aesthetics, Jawaharlal Nehru University-2022.
3. Theatre Migrants, European Research Council Conference, Germany, 2022.
Editorial consultation for Dr. Lisa Skwirblies, 2010, ERC funded project.