Ph.D. Computer Science & Engineering Admission Announcement Spring 2024
The Ph.D. program is designed to prepare students for highly rewarding careers in academia and research labs. The demand for quality Ph.Ds. is increasing at a rapid rate in the country, thereby creating an ever-widening gap between the demand and supply. Depending upon the academic preparation, admitted candidates are exposed to a wide range of core and elective courses with in-depth syllabi. In addition to this, students write a research proposal and start pursuing research that eventually culminates in a Ph.D. thesis. Such an excellent combination of academic excellence in subject matters and top-notch research, equips SNU Ph.Ds. in CSE with strong knowledge and research skills necessary for pursuing highly productive careers.
Please visit https://snu.edu.in/schools/school-of-engineering/faculty/ to know more about the faculty members and their specific research interests.
Areas of Specializations
The research interests of the current faculty members in Computer Science and Engineering department span the following areas:
- Algorithms and Complexity
- Data Science and Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Security and Privacy
- Wireless, Mobile Computing and Networking
The student is required to work in an area aligned with the current research interests of the faculty in the department. For multi-disciplinary research work, approval of the Departmental Research Committee is required.
Admissions to the Program:
The important dates, minimum eligibility criteria, details of the selection process and syllabus for the written exam are as follows:
Last date for the receipt of complete application form along with application fee
3rd December, 2023
Written Test and Interview
Shortlisting of eligible candidates
Date for written test and interview (Online)
On or before
16th-18th December, 2023
19th December, 2023
Release of Offer Letters
23rd December, 2023
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
Ph.D. Computer Science and Engineering – (Full Time / Part Time*)
ME / M.Tech. or equivalent in the relevant discipline from a recognized Technical Institute or University with 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA in qualifying degree.
B.E./B.Tech in CSE or equivalent degrees OR MCA/ M.Sc. (CS /IT /ECE /Mathematics/ Physics/ Statistics/Operational Research) from a recognized Technical Institute or University with 70% marks or 7.5 CGPA in qualifying degree.
● The PhD admission process comprises of a written exam and interview (of the qualifying candidates). Candidates with valid GATE score 95 percentile are exempted from the written test.
● Applicants waiting for the qualifying examination results are also eligible to apply.
*Part Time Ph.D. applicants should be working in the relevant area (Industry/Academic Institutions) for a minimum of 2 years. Candidates are required to produce a No Objection Certificate from the employer at the time of admission.
Eligibility criteria mentioned above are the minimum requirement. Written test and interview for shortlisted candidates will be held on the dates mentioned above. Final selections will be based on past academic performance, written examination and interview.
Syllabus for Written Test
The Syllabus for the written test will be as follows:
- Logical Ability Test
- Mathematical Sciences – Linear Algebra, Probability and Statistics, Calculus, Discrete Mathematics, Elements of Optimization, Elements of Combinatorics, Elements of Number Theory
- Computer Science – Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms
Fees Structure, Fee Waivers and Assistantships
Detailed information about the fee structure and the nature of assistantships are available on the website. All full-time Ph.D. students admitted into the program shall receive a doctoral research and teaching assistantship. The assistantship is subject to satisfactory performance in the program evaluated continuously and compliance with all University regulations. Shiv Nadar IoE does not provide fellowship/assistantship to part-time students.
A Non-refundable* application fees of Rs. 1200 (One Thousand Two Hundred Only) has to paid by credit/debit card on-line.
* Note that the University reserves the right to accept or reject any application based on its departmental screening criteria, hence all applications may not be shortlisted for written examination and/or interview. No requests for refund of the application fee shall be entertained under any circumstances.
All interested applicant shall apply online from the link on the website. Please follow the instructions carefully:
- Fill all the mandatory fields
- Online upload of following document is required
- Passport size color photograph
- Current CV
- All Mark sheets/Degree Certificates (10th Standard onwards)
- Standardized Examination certificate- CSIR, UGC, GATE etc. (If applicable)
- A Statement of Purpose
After online submission, take print out of the submitted form for your record. Please note that the application is deemed to be incomplete until we receive all the necessary prescribed documents and the application fee.
For any queries, please write to Ms. Simple Sharma (Email - email@example.com)