Syed Mohammad Kamil
Department of Physics,
School of Natural Sciences
Email Contact: email@example.com
Ph.D., The Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai, 2011
M. Sc., University of Lucknow, 2002
B. Sc. (Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science), Shia Degree College, Lucknow, India, 1998.
Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, July, 2010 – May, 2012
Our current research is focused on the understanding of the dynamics of non-equilibrium thermodynamic state leading to equilibrium state. We use various analytical and computational tools of statistical mechanics such as dynamical density functional theory, phase field theory Monte Carlo, and MD simulations. In particular, our group is interested in confined binary alloys and liquid crystals including the properties of their interfaces. Moreover, the efforts would be made to formulate various approaches to develop models requiring least computational budget.
- Regular and Chaotic States in a Local Map description of Nematic Liquid Crystals, S.M. Kamil, Sudeshna Sinha and Gautam I. Menon, Physical Review E 78, 011706(2008).
- Biaxiality at the Isotropic-Nematic Interface with Planar Anchoring, S. M. Kamil, A. K. Bhattacharjee, R. Adhikari and Gautam I. Menon, Phys. Rev. E 80, 041705(2009)
- The isotropic-nematic interface with an oblique anchoring condition, S. M. Kamil, A. K. Bhattacharjee, R. Adhikari and Gautam I. Menon, The Journal of Chemical Physics, 131, 174701(2009)
- A Coupled Map Lattice Model of Rheological Chaos, S.M. Kamil, Gautam I. Menon and Sudeshna Sinha, Chaos,20, 043123 (2010)
- Spatial modulation of the composition of a binary liquid near a repulsive wall, Shibu Saw, S. M. Kamil, and Chandan Dasgupta, Phys. Rev. E 91, 052406(2015)
National & International Recognition:
Qualified in the national-level CSIR-UGC National Eligibility Test for Lectureship in December 2002
Selected in the Joint Entrance Screening Test for Graduate Research in India in 2003 (Qualified in the 99th per-centile)
Selected for the “Workshop on Driven States in Soft and Biological Matter” (18-28 April 2006) at the International Centre for Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy.