Bijan Kumar Bagchi
UGC Emeritus Fellow,
Department of Physics,
School of Natural Sciences
Email Contact: Bijan.firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph.D. in 1980 from the University of Calcutta
Professor in Applied Mathematics, University of Calcutta, 1998-2015.
- Algebraic and Analytic Methods in Quantum Mechanics
- Quantum Mechanics with Non-Hermitian Operators
- Superintegrable systems
- Nonlinear Dynamical systems
- Rational extensions of trigonometric Poschl-Teller potential based on para-Jacobi polynomials (B.Bagchi, Y. Grandati and C. Quesne) Journal of Mathematical Physics 56: 062103 (2015).
- New 1-step extension of the Swanson oscillator and superintegrability of its twodimensional generalization (B.Bagchi and I. Marquette) Physics Letters A379:1584 (2015).
- On Generalized Lienard oscillator and momentum dependent mass (B. Bagchi, A. Ghose Choudhury and P. Guha) Journal of Mathematical Physics 56: 012015 (2015).
- A generalized Swanson Hamiltonian in a second-derivative pseudo-supersymmetric framework B.Bagchi, A. Banerjee and P. Mandal) International Journal of Modern Physics A30: 15500337 (2015).
- Tracking down localized modes in PT-symmetric Hamiltonians under the influence of a competing nonlinearity (B.Bagchi, S. Modak and P.K.Panigrahi) Acta Polytechnica 54: 79 (2014).
- Comments on the structural features of Pais-Uhlenbeck oscillator (B.Bagchi, A. Ghose Choudhury and P. Guha) Modern Physics Letters A28:1375001 (2013).
- Nonlinear dynamics of a position-dependent mass-driven Duffing-type oscillator B.Bagchi, S.Das, S.Ghosh and S.Poria) Journal of Physics A46: 032001 (2013 FTC).
- Competing PT-potentials and re-entrant PT-symmetric phase for a particle in a box (Y.Joglekar and B.Bagchi) Journal of Physics A45: 402001 (2012 FTC).
- PT-symmetry breaking in complex nonlinear wave equations and their deformations (A. Fring, A. Cavaglia and B.Bagchi) Journal of Physics A44: 325201 (2011).
- Existence of different intermediate Hamiltonians in Type A N-fold supersymmetry II: The N = 3 case (B.Bagchi and T.Tanaka) Annals of Physics 325 1679 (2010).
Book written entitled Supersymmetry in Quantum and Classical Mechanics published by Chapman and Hall/CRC, Florida, USA, 2000.
National & International Recognition:
Held Visiting Professorships at Physique Nucléaire Théorique et Physique Mathématique, University of Libre, Brussels, City University, London, National Cheng-Kung University, Taiwan , Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA, School of Mathematics and Physics, University of Queensland, Australia.
Recent Conferences/Workshops attended
- 11th international conference on Analytic and Algebraic Methods in Physics, Prague in October 30-November 01, 2013.
- International Workshop on Pesudo-Hermitian Hamiltonians at Setif, Algeria in September 05-10, 2014.