Developing Global Leaders from India – for India and the World
Cross-Cultural Leadership Curriculum
We live in a deeply interconnected world with a wide-variety of devices and channels supporting unprecedented exchanges of ideas and information. Managers must cope with rapid change in a volatile and complex global business environment in which seemingly distant global events affect company strategies and policies at the other end of the world. This requires analytical and cognitive capabilities of a new order as well as deep 'action' learning that is very distinct from the programs offered by traditional B-Schools.
To meet the challenge of inculcating this new 'Digital Era Management Leadership' into its students, the I-Global MBA curriculum features the following elements:
- Systems-thinking: The 'systems-thinking' approach provides a model of decision-making that helps organizations effectively adapt to rapid change. The I-Global MBA curriculum incorporates global political economy and business history to enable an integrated view of business, society and technology.
- Global Internships: Living in a global economy, employees working in international teams and multi-cultural environments need to be sensitive and respectful of cultural differences and nuances. SME will
seek to provide opportunities for live on-site global projects and overseas experience to its students.
- Study Abroad Semesters in Leading Management Schools of the World: SME provides exposure to cutting-edge ideas, knowledge and practices to its students via tie-ups with leading institutions such as Babson College (ranked #1 in entrepreneurship education); Duke University; and Carnegie Mellon University (the world's leading engineering institute). Five students of the founding batch of 2014-16 also went to the HSBC School of Business in Peking University as part of a student exchange program.
- Top-tier Global Faculty: Our roster of visiting faculty includes, professors from Harvard Business School, Babson College, MIT, Boston University, leading industry practitioners from Wall Street, former CXO's from MNC's and top Indian corporates which have delivered sessions on diverse aspects of business. Apart from providing prized mentoring opportunities to students, these sessions dramatically widen their horizons.
- Overseas Placements: True to its mission of nurturing global leaders, SME shall work intensively in providing global placement opportunities to its students. The School is engaged with some of the leading employers globally and given the program's global curriculum and internship construct, students
will be in a position to apply for overseas assignments.
- Foreign Language Options: As part of the I-Global MBA curriculum, students get an opportunity to learn international languages
- French, German, Mandarin or Spanish are the options available. We expect this to be an advantage for study abroad assignments as well as global placements.