Department of Art Design and Performing Arts
Department of Art Design and Performing Arts,
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
Email Contact: email@example.com
- B.E. in Electronics and Communication Engineering, SCSVMV, Kancheepuram, TN
- Master of Design, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Assam
- Ph.D. in Design, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Assam
Products, systems and service design for sustainability; pedagogical approaches for learning sustainable design; methods and tool for sustainable design; innovation through sustainable design; culture as a tool for sustainability.
Apart from his research interest, his teaching interests includes design methods, visual communication and graphic design, design semantics, usability engineering, system analysis & information design, and design research.
- Vikash Kumar and Pradeep G. Yammiyavar, “What Sustainable Design Means for Novice Creative Designers: An Exploration of Their Perceptions and Mental Models in the Indian Context” presented at International Conference on Design for Sustainable Well-being and Empowerment 2014, IISc Bangalore to be published as book chapter titled 'Design for Sustainable Well-being and Empowerment: Select Papers' (under printing)
- Vikash Kumar and Pradeep G. Yammiyavar, “Indian Cultural Practices as a Manifestation of Environmental Worldview – An Exploration as a Tool for Environmental Stress Mitigation” National Seminar on Environmental Stress and Remedies 2014, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh
- Vikash Kumar and Pradeep G. Yammiyavar, “Towards Development of a Tool for Integration of Sustainable Development in Education – A Case Study of Design Education in India”, International Conference on Environment and Humanities, Eco-revolution 2013, Pokhara, Nepal, ISBN: 978-62951-818-3.
- Vikash Kumar and Pradeep G. Yammiyavar, “Role of Ergonomics in Sustainable Product Design - A Case Study of Ergonomic Consideration in Bus Design for IITG Campus”, International Conference on Humanizing Work and Work Environment- ERGO 2012:Safety for All’ page no 198.
- Prakash Kumar, Vikash Kumar and Pradeep Yammiyavar, “GUI Based Remote Public Bus Transport Management System for Guwahati with a Proposal for Sustainability Assessment”, Symposium on Human Computer Interaction Design in Virtual Environments -2012’ IIT Guwahati.
- Vikash Kumar and Pradeep Yammiyavar, “Systems Approach to a Sustainable Transportation System - An Overview”, National Round-table technical meet on Hybrid Renewable Energy Sources for Public Transportation Systems, October 2010, IIT Guwahati, Page no 69-74.
- Pradeep G. Yammiyavar and Vikash Kumar, “E-Waste Generation from Mobile Phones and Sustainability Issues for Designers”, International Conference on Research into Design, IISc Bangalore on January 11, 2011; published by Research Publishing, Chennai, titled “Research into Design – supporting sustainable product development” page no 523-532, ISBN: 978-981-08-7721-7
Vikash Kumar is currently working as an Assistant Professor in the department of Art, Design and Performing Arts, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Shiv Nadar University. He is a bachelor of Electronics & Communication Engineering and Masters of Design. He is currently pursuing his Ph.D. in the area of Sustainable Product Designing from IIT Guwahati. His research interests includes products, systems and service design for sustainability; pedagogical approaches for sustainable design; methods and tool for sustainable design; innovation through sustainability.