- PhD (2015) in Visual Studies, School of Arts and Aesthetics, JNU in the topic "Contemporary Indian Art and the City: Cultural Politics of the Artist Citizen in Bombay since 1991" under the guidance of Prof. Parul Dave Mukherji.
- External examiners : Dr. Sonal Khullar, Associate Professor, University of Seattle, Washington and Dr. Karin Zitzewitz, Associate Professor, Michigan State University.
- MPhil (2009) in Visual Studies, "The Space of Women Painters of Kerala: Mapping the Gendered Region in the National Modern since Kerala State Formation" under the guidance of Prof. Parul Dave Mukherji, School of Arts and Aesthetics, JNU.
- MA Arts & Aesthetics (2007), A Grade, School of Arts & Aesthetics, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- MA Economics (2002), 61% Sacred Heart College, Thevara, Kochi.
- BA Economics (2000), 65% Sacred Heart College, Thevara, Kochi.
- Visiting faculty at Department of Art, Design and Performing Arts in Shiv Nadar University from (January 2015 onwards) teaching the courses “Modernity/ Modernism/ Modernization” in Spring Semesters of 2016 and 2015 and “Indian Art after Independence” in Monsoon Semester 2015.
- Visiting faculty at School of Arts & Aesthetics, JNU in Monsoon Semester, 2012 (August to December) to teach ‘Indian Modernism’ for MA students.
- Contributed one lecture to the field school of Simon Fraser University during their exchange programme in School of Arts & Aesthetics, JNU in February, 2013.
Art Theory and Cultural Studies, Multiple Modernisms and Contemporary Indian Art.
Towards an Artistic Insurgency in India: Post-National Impulses in Contemporary Art in the book "Making and Being Made: Visual Representations and/of Citizenship" edited by Theresa Avila, Ph.D, Arizona State University and Corey Dzenko, Ph.D, Monmouth University (forthcoming)
Popular High Art: Differentiating the Canon in 20th Century Indian Art edited by Parul Dave Mukherji, Partha Mitter and Rakhee Balram, by Skira and Art Alive Gallery (forthcoming )
Kochi Muziris Biennale and Bombay Boys, in 20th Century Indian Art edited by Parul Dave Mukherji, Partha Mitter and Rakhee Balram, by Skira and Art Alive Gallery (forthcoming)
Co-wrote the catalogue essay titled “Who Are We?” (2013) with Shivani Kaul, for the show “Mapping Gender: Bodies and Sexualities in Contemporary Art across Global South” in November, 2013 supported by Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation.
Contributed catalogue entries in Vernacular, in the Contemporary-Part Two on Kerala Mural artists at Devi Art Foundation, March 2011
Contributed catalogue entries in Where in the World at Devi Art Foundation in December 2008.
National and International Recognition
Curator of Terra Incognita at Italian Embassy Cultural Centre, New Delhi (December 11, 2015 to January 10, 2016) with drawings by Pietro Ruffo.
Co-curator of Awaaz Do with Vivan Sundaram and Ram Rahman at the Constitution Club, New Delhi on 1st January 2016 to mark the martyrdom of Safdar Hashmi and organized by Safdar Hashmi Memorial Trust (SAHMAT).
Co-curator of Mapping Gender: Bodies and Sexualities in Contemporary Art across Global South at School of Arts & Aesthetics, JNU in November, 2013 supported by Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation.
Co-curator of Where in the World a show of contemporary Indian art, at Devi Art Foundation, Gurgaon in December 2008.
As an academic, independent curator and self-taught artist, I wish to create a dialogue between academic research, curatorial interventions in art and culture as well as artistic practices that inform and inspire each other.