Visiting Assistant Professor
Department of Economics,
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
Email Contact: email@example.com
PhD (Economics), Australian National University, April 2016
M.Phil, Delhi University, 2009
Tutor - Australian National University, July 2014 – December 2015.
Research Associate - ICRIER , New Delhi, 2008-2011.
Senior Research Analyst, Institute of Economic Growth, New Delhi, 2006-2008.
Macroeconomics, Applied time series econometrics and monetary economics.
- "Three Asian Giants and the US: Is Rebalancing Feasible" co-authored with Rajiv Kumar in ‘Asia and Policymaking for the Global Economy ’, ed. Kemal Dervis, Masahiro Kawai and Domenico Lombardi, Brookings, Washington US, April 2011.
- "The Great Recession and India's Trade Collapse" co-authored with Rajiv Kumar, in The Great Trade Collapse, Voxeu EBook, ed. Richard Baldwin, Centre for Economic Policy Research, London 2009.
- Time-varying Macroeconomic Dynamics of the Indian Economy, 2015 (Presented at CAMA seminar ANU).
- Implicit Central Bank Targets: Nominal GDP and the Great Moderation (Paper presented at Econometric Society of Australasia Meeting (ESAM), Hobart, Tasmania,2nd July, 2014)
- Does Nominal GDP pass the forecastability test for being the future monetary policy framework?
- “Threshold Level of Inflation for India”, Asian Profile, Volume 38 No.5, Canada ,2010 (jointly with N.R Bhanumurthy).
- "Stock Prices, Micro Reasons and Macro Economy in India: What do the Data Say between 1997-2007?" with A. Kanakaraj , Karan Singh , SSRN Working paper
- “The State of the Indian Economy 2009-10” with Mathew Joseph et al, ICRIERWorking Paper No. 241, October 2009, ICRIER New Delhi.
- “Indian Economic Outlook 2008-09 and 2009-10” with Rajiv Kumar et al, ICRIER Working Paper No. 234, March 2009, ICRIER New Delhi.
- “Deal Time at Toronto G-20 Summit” Economic Times, 26th June 2010.
- “Predicting Inflation Patterns” co-authored with A. Soumya, Business Line, 14th May 2010.
- “US-China tradeoff most dominant dilemma for the world today” Financial Express, April 3rd 2010.
- “Be cautious about the quality of the capital flowing in” Economic Times. 13th October 2010.
- “What about Threshold Inflation?” Business Standard, 6th March 2007.
My research interest is in the area of macroeconomics and applied time series. My recent research has focussed on understanding the macroeconomic volatility of shocks and variables in the post reform period in India using time-varying stochastic volatility models. I have also done some recent research on the feasibility of nominal GDP as a monetary policy target.