Department of Electrical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, India
National Institute of Technology, Durgapur, WB, India
- Ph.D., (Electrical Engineering), Thesis: Application of Model Order Reduction Techniques in Modern Power Systems, Sept 2013.
National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India
- Master of Industrial Electrical Systems, Thesis Topic: Optimal Sizing and Placement of Distributed Generation in Large Scale Power Systems.
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering.
- Assistant Professor/ Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida, U.P- Joined on 17th Oct, 2016.
- Associate Graduate faculty member and Postdoctoral Research Fellow and
/ University of North Carolina - Charlotte / March 2014 – September 2016.
- Assistant Professor / Indian School of Mines (ISM), Dhanbad (Now IIT Dhanbad), India / April 2013 – Feb. 2014.
Research on Grid studies with Hybrid Renewable Energy Resources and storage, advanced power grid control, dynamics, model order reduction, Transient , small signal Stability, modelling based on energy function and structure preserving method.
Refereed Journal Articles
Refereed Conference Articles
- Sudipta Ghosh, and Sukumar Kamalasadan, “An Integrated Dynamic Modeling and Adaptive Controller Approach for Flywheel Augmented DFIG Based Wind System”, IEEE Trans. on Power Syst. (accepted July, 2016).
- Sudipta Ghosh, and Sukumar Kamalasadan, “An Energy Function based Optimal Control Strategy for output stabilization of Integrated DFIG-Flywheel Energy storage System”, IEEE Trans. on Smart Grid. Volume pp, Issue 99, 2016, Pages 1-8.
- Sudipta Ghosh, Sukumar Kamalasadan, Nilanjan Senroy and Johan Enslin, “Doubly Fed Induction Generator (DFIG)-based Wind Farm Control Framework for Primary Frequency and Inertial Response Application”, IEEE Trans on Power Syst. Volume 31, Issue 03, 2016, Pages 1861-1871.
- Nikhil Kulkarni, Sukumar Kamalasadan, Sudipta Ghosh, “An Integrated Method for Optimal Placement and Tuning of Power System Stabilizer Based on Full Controllability Index and Generator Participation”, IEEE Trans. on Industry App., Volume 51, Issue 5, 2015, Pages 4201-4211.
- Sudipta Ghosh, and Nilanjan Senroy, “Electromechanical Dynamics of Controlled Variable Speed Wind Turbines”, IEEE Syst. Journal. Volume 9, Issue 2, 2015, Pages 639-646.
- Sudipta Ghosh, and Nilanjan Senroy, "Balanced Truncation based Reduced Order Modeling of Wind Farm", Int. J. Elect. Power Energy Syst. Volume 53, 2013, Pages 649-655.
- Sudipta Ghosh, and Nilanjan Senroy, “Balanced Truncation Approach to Power System Model Order Reduction”, Electric Power Components and Syst., Volume 41, Issue 8, 2013, Pages 747-764 (Taylor and Francis.).
- Sudipta Ghosh, and Nilanjan Senroy, "The Localness of Electromechanical Oscillations in Power Systems", Int. J. Elect. Power Energy. Syst., Volume 42, Issue 1, 2012, Pages 306-313 (Elsevier. Impact factor: 2.694).
- Sudipta Ghosh, S. P. Ghoshal and Saradindu Ghosh “Optimal Sizing and Placement of Distributed Generation in a Network System”, Int. J. Elect. Power Energy. Syst., Volume 32, Issue 8, October 2010, Pages 849-856. (Cited by 222) (Elsevier. Impact factor: 2.694).
- Abilash Thakallapelli, Sudipta Ghosh and Sukumar Kamalasadan, “Real-Time Reduced Order Model Based Adaptive Pitch Controller for Grid Connected Wind Turbines”, accepted in Industrial Application Society (July, 2016).
Refereed Journal Articles (under review)
- Abilash Thakallapelli, Sudipta Ghosh and Sukumar Kamalasadan” Real-time Frequency Based Reduced Order Modelling of Large Power Grid”, in Proc. of IEEE PES General meeting, 2016 (Presented).
- Sudipta Ghosh, Nilanjan Senroy, Sukumar Kamalasadan and Sukumar Mishra, “Fast PSS Tuning in Large Power Systems”, in Proc. of IEEE PES General meeting,
- Sudipta Ghosh, Nilanjan Senroy and Sukumar Kamalasadan, “Reduced Order Modeling of Wind Farms for Inclusion in Large Power System Simulations for Primary Frequency Response”, North American Power Symposium (NAPS), vol., no., pp.1-6, 7-9 Sept. 2014.
- Sudipta Ghosh, " Closed loop Control of a DFIG based Wind Power System", in Proc. of
IEEE ISGT ASIA 2013, Bangalore, India, Nov 2013.
- Sudipta Ghosh, and Nilanjan Senroy, “A Comparative Study of Two Model Order Reduction Approaches for Application in Power Systems”, in Proc. of IEEE PES General Meeting, San Diego, California, USA, pp. 1-8, July 2012.
- Sudipta Ghosh, and Nilanjan Senroy, “Effect of generator type on the participation of adjacent synchronous machines in electromechanical oscillations”, Proc. IEEE PEDES, pp. 1-3, New Delhi, India, Dec 2010.
- Sudipta Ghosh, S. P. Ghoshal and Saradindu Ghosh “Two Analytical Approaches for Optimal Placement of Distributed Generation Unit in Power Systems”, Proc. IEEE ICPS, pp-1-4, Kharagpur, India, Dec 2009.
- Sudipta Ghosh, Sukumar Kamalasadan, “ Cross Gramian Inspired Fast Tuning of Stabilizer for Dynamic and Multi-Machine Power System”, IEEE trans. On Power Syst. (submitted).
- Sudipta Ghosh, Rojan Bhattarai ,Sukumar Kamalasadan, “An Integrated Doubly Fed Induction Generator (DFIG) Reactive Power Capability Estimation and Ancillary Service Support Methodology for Optimal Operation” IEEE trans. On smart grid. (submitted).
- Abilash Thakallapelli, Sudipta Ghosh and Sukumar Kamalasadan, “Frequency Based Online Reduced Order Modeling of Large Power Grid in presence of Wind”, IEEE trans. On Power Syst. (submitted).
- Rojan Bhattarai, Sudipta Ghosh and Sukumar Kamalasadan” "Parametrically Robust Dynamic Speed Estimation Based Control for Doubly Fed Induction Generator" IEEE trans. on Industrial Electronics (submitted).
National and International Recognition:
Journal Article Reviewer
- IEEE trans. on Power system.
- IEEE trans. on Smart grid.
- IEEE trans. on Industrial Electronics.
- IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution
- International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems (‘Elsevier’).
- Electric Power components and systems (‘Taylor and Francis’)
- Session chair for NAPS (North American Power Symposium) 2015.
- In Student Program Committee for NAPS (North American Power Symposium) 2015.
- Member for technical committee for International Conference on “Emerging Trends in Engineering & Technology (ETET)” during 14-15 December, 2015.
Research Grant Participation:
- Lead Researcher for Hybrid real time simulator based advance modeling of Southern California Edison grid.
- Conducted research activities on several topics in Power systems.
- Worked as a lead researcher or NSF funded project on power system on new methods of optimal control designs integrating renewable energy systems Research and guide to PhD students
- Assisted in teaching various graduate/ undergraduate courses in power systems including Power System dynamics, Power System analysis and smart grid courses.
- Assisted in the writing several research grants.
- Optimization and Control of Renewable Energy Integrated Power Grid: PI. S. Kamalasadan, Support by National Science Foundation, 2013-2016.
- Frequency response based Hybrid Real-Time Simulator Advanced Modeling of Power Grid, PI. S. Kamalasadan, Support by Southern California Edison, 2015-2016.
- Frequency dependent network equivalent based modeling of power grid, PI: S. Kamalasadan, Proposal Submitted to Industry Sponsor