Department of Civil Engineering
School of Engineering
2011 - 2015: PhD, Transportation Research and Injury Prevention Programme, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India
2008 - 2010: Master of Science, Civil Engineering, Texas A & M University, College Station, Texas, USA
2004 - 2008: Bachelor of Technology, Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India
Travel behaviour and its links with demographic characteristics of the population and built environment; health impacts of transport resulting from air pollution, injuries and physical activity
15) Goel, R. & Pant, P. (2016). Vehicular pollution mitigation policies in Delhi. Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. 51 (9), 41-45.
14) Goel, R. & Tiwari, G. (2015). Access-egress and other travel characteristics of metro users in Delhi and its satellite cities. IATSS Research. doi:10.1016/j.iatssr.2015.10.001
13) Goel, R. Gani, S. Wilson, D. Guttikunda, S.K. & Tiwari, G. (2015). On-road exposure of fine particulate matter in multiple transport micro-environments in Delhi. Atmospheric Environment. Vol. 123 (A), 129-138.
12) Pant, P. Baker, S.J. Goel, R. Guttikunda, S.K. Goel, A. Shukla, A. & Harrison, R.M. (2015). Analysis of size-segregated winter season aerosol data from New Delhi, India. Atmospheric Pollution Research. doi:10.1016/j.apr.2015.08.001
11) Goel, R. Mohan, D. Guttikunda, S. K. & Tiwari, G (2015). Assessment of motor vehicle use characteristics in three Indian cities. Transportation Research Part-D. doi:10.1016/j.trd.2015.05.006
10) Goel, R. & Guttikunda, S. K. (2015). The role of urban growth, technology, and judicial interventions on vehicle exhaust emissions in Delhi for 1991-2014 and 2014-2030 periods. Environmental Development, Vol. 105, 78-90.
9) Goel, R. & Guttikunda, S. K. (2015). Evolution of on-road vehicle exhaust emissions in Delhi. Atmospheric Environment. Vol. 105, 78-90.
8) Goel, R. Guttikunda, S. K. Mohan, D. & Tiwari, G. (2015). Benchmarking vehicle and passenger travel characteristics in Delhi for on-road emissions analysis. Travel Behavior and Society, Vol. 2, No. 2, 88-101.
7) Guttikunda, S. K. Goel, R. Mohan, D. Tiwari, G. & Gadepally, R. (2014). Particulate and gaseous emissions in two coastal cities— Chennai and Visakhapatnam, India. Air Quality, Atmosphere & Health. Vol.8 (6), 559-572.
6) Guttikunda, S. K. Goel, R. & Pant, P. (2014). Nature of air pollution, emission sources, and management in the Indian cities. Atmospheric Environment, Vol. 95, 501-510.
5) Guttikunda, S. K. & Goel, R. (2013). Health impacts of particulate pollution in a megacity—Delhi, India. Environmental Development, Vol. 6, 8-20.
Awarded best research paper certificate by the journal.
4) Tiwari, G. & Goel, R. (2013). Metro Rail in Indian Cities: Feasibility and Impacts. Shelter, Housing and Urban Development Corporation Ltd, New Delhi, India, Vol. 14, No. 2, 14-22
3) Verma, A. & Goel, R. (2013). Combined model for feeder route generation and schedule within an integrated mass transit planning framework. Indian Journal of Transport Management, Vol. 37, No.1, 54-74.
2) Goel, R. & Burris, M. (2012). HOT lane policies and their implications, Transportation, Springer, Vol. 39, 1019-1033
1) Verma, A. Upadhyay D. & Goel, R. (2011). An integrated approach for optimal rail transit corridor identification and scheduling using geographical information system, Journal of King Saud University Science, Elsevier, Vol. 23, No.3, 255–271
Mohan, D. Goel, R. Guttikunda, S. & Tiwari, G. (2014). Assessment of motor vehicle use characteristics in three Indian cities. Promoting low carbon transport in India. UNEP Risø Centre on Energy, Climate and Sustainable Development, Technical University of Denmark.
Goel, R. & Tiwari, G. (2014). Case study of metro rails in Indian cities. Promoting low carbon transport in India. UNEP Risø Centre on Energy, Climate and Sustainable Development, Technical University of Denmark.