Department of Electrical Engineering
Phaneendra Babu Bobba
Department of Electrical Engineering,
School of Engineering
Email Contact: Phaneendra.email@example.com
- Ph. D. from Department of Electrical Engineering , IIT Delhi.
- M.Tech. (Power Electronics) from JNTU College of engineering, Hyderabad.
- B.E (Electrical and Electronics Engineering) from SRKR Engineering College, affiliated to Andhra University.
- Worked as Senior Assistant professor in CVR College of engineering, Hyderabad. (Nov 2004 to June 2008)
- Worked as Assistant Professor in DVR CET, Hyderabad. (Sep 2000 to Nov 2004)
- Electric Vehicles, Hybrid electric vehicles and Plug-in hybrid electric vehicles.
- Hybrid Energy storage systems
- Power management systems in Electric vehicles.
- Electric Drives, Power Electronics, DSP based control of Drives, Ultra-capacitors.
- Phaneendra Babu Bobba and K. R. Rajagopal “performance analysis of two different control strategies used in Hybrid energy storage systems for Electric vehicle / Micro-grid application” under communication to IEEE Journal.
- Phaneendra Babu Bobba and K. R. Rajagopal “Comparative analysis of Multi-port and Bi-directional dc-dc converters for EV/PHEVs applications” under communication to IEEE Journal.
- Phaneendra Babu Bobba and K. R. Rajagopal “Design and Development of Multi-port and Bi-directional dc-dc converters for PMBLDC motor driven Electric two-wheeler” under communication to IEEE Journal.
- Phaneendra Babu Bobba , M.K.Dubey, and K. R. Rajagopal “Variable switch regenerative braking technique for PMBLDC motor driven Electric Vehicle”, under communication to IEEE Conference.
- Phaneendra Babu Bobba and K. R. Rajagopal “Modeling and Analysis of Hybrid Energy Storage Systems Used in Electric Vehicles”, Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems, PEDES–2012 held at Bangalore, India, 16-19 December 2012.
- Phaneendra Babu Bobba and K. R. Rajagopal “Compact Regenerative Braking Scheme for a PMBLDC Motor Driven Electric Two-Wheeler”, Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems, PEDES–2010, held at New Delhi, India, 21-23 December 2010.
- Phaneendra Babu Bobba and G.Sreelakshmi “Space vector pulse width modulation for multi-level inverters”, Proceedings of the national conference EAR-2008, held at JNTU Anantapur on 8th MAY-2008.
- Phaneendra Babu Bobba; Srinivas, J.V.S.; Vikranth, B.; Premchnad, P.;, “Fault diagnosis in multi-level inverter system using adaptive back propagation neural network”, Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference ( INDICON) 2008, 11-13th December 2008.
List of National Workshops organized / attended:
- MHRD Sponsored advanced technology program on “Digital signal processor applications to Modern industrial drives”, held at NIT Warangal, during 16th -28 June, 2008.
- Short-term course on “Utilization of solar energy and its applications” held at IIT Delhi, during 8th-22nd Feb, 2008.
- Participated in two day "National Workshop on Power Electronics” held at IIT Bombay during 6th – 7th Sep 2007.
- Organized a Short-term course on “HVDC Transmission & FACTS” held at CVR College of Engineering, during 3rd-7th DEC, 2007.
- Participated in “National Conference on Power Electronics” at IISC Bangalore, during 16th -19th December, 2007.
- Organized a short-term intensive course on “neural networks and fuzzy logic” held at CVR College of Engineering, during 12th - 17th DEC, 2007.
- Participated in three-day workshop on “power system operation and control” during November 27-29, 2006 organized by OU College of Engineering.
- Participated in short term course on “EMF theory” held at CVR College of Engineering, during 21st -27th July 2004.
National and International Recognition:
- IEEE Student Member (2008-2013).
- IEEE Power and Energy Society Member.
- IEEE Power Electronics Society Member.
- IEEE Intelligent Transportation System Society Member.
- MHRD Scholarship for Ph.D.(2008)
Projects handled for UG/PG students
- Fault diagnosis in multilevel inverters using neural networks.
- Study and analysis of different non-isolated dc-dc converter topologies.
- Design and development of complete PMBLDC motor drive for EV applications.
- Design and control of multiple source powered Electric vehicle.
- Modelling, analysis and control of PMBLDC motor and PMSM for EV applications.
- Sensor-less control of PMBLDC motor.
- Comparison of sliding mode and fuzzy logic based speed control algorithms for PMBLDC motor used in Electric vehicles.
- Design and control of Multi-input bi-directional DC-DC converter for PM BLDC motor driven electric vehicle.
Phaneendra has joined SNU in January 2014 as assistant professor in electrical engineering department. Prior to join SNU he has 7years and six months of teaching experience in various engineering colleges affiliated to JNTU, Hyderabad. He has guided number of projects for UG and PG students. He has organized number of short term courses and also participated in several national workshops. His research interests are power management in electric vehicles fed from hybrid energy storage systems using battery and ultra-capacitor, DSP based control of electric drives and control of isolated multi-input and non-isolated bi-directional converters for EV application.