V. M. Rajesh
Department of Chemical Engineering,
School of Engineering
Email Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph.D. (Chemical Engineering), IIT Delhi
M. Tech. (Chemical Engineering), VIT University
B. Tech. (Chemical Engineering), Madras University
Diploma (Chemical Technology), State Board of Technical Education, Tamilnadu
Assistant Professor at SNU, India, July 2014 - Present
Lecturer at Rajalakshmi Engineering College, Chennai, India, Jan 2007 - Dec 2008
Lecturer at MIIT, Ooty, India, Jul 2006 - Dec 2006
Lecturer at Thirumali Engineering College, Kanchepuram, India, June 2005 - June 2006
- Multiphase Microfluidics
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Studies using Open FOAM
- CO2 removal studies using Microchannels
- Analysis of biodiesel production in microchannels
- V. M. Rajesh and Vivek V Buwa, Experimental characterization of gas-liquid-liquid flows in T-junction microchannels, Chem.Eng.Journal. 2012, 207-208, 832-844.
- V. M. Rajesh and Vivek V Buwa, Numerical Simulations of formation dynamics of Bubbles/drops/slugs in gas-liquid-liquid flows in microchannels. Submitted to Physics of Fluids.
- V. M. Rajesh, Lakshy Mahindroo, Taru Kapoor and Vivek V Buwa, On controlled bubble generation in T-junction microchannels. Submitted to AIChE Journal.
- V. M. Rajesh and V.V. Buwa, Controlled generation of bubbles and drops in Gas-liquid-liquid flows in T-junction microchannels. to be submitted to chemical engineering journal.
- V. M. Rajesh and Vivek V Buwa, Volume-of-Fluid Simulations of Gas-Liquid-Liquid Flows in Microchannels, in preparation.
National/International conference presentations
Experimental and Numerical Investigations of Gas-Liquid-Liquid Flows in Microchannels, CHEMCON-2011 held in Bangalore, India, from 27 Dec to 30 Dec 2011.
Experimental characterization of gas-liquid-liquid flows in T-junction Microchan- nels, 22nd International Symposium on Chemical Reaction Engineering (ISCRE-22) held in Maastricht, the Netherlands, from September 2 to September 5, 2012.
Controlled generation of bubbles and drops in gas-liquid-liquid flows in T-junction microchannels, 23rd International Symposium on Chemical Reaction Engineering
(ISCRE-23) held in Bangkok, Thailand, from September 7 to September 10.
Numerical simulations of gas-liquid-liquid flows in a T-junction microchannels, 5th International and 41st National conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power (FMFP-2014) will be held in IIT Kanpur, India from December 11 to December 14. (Manuscript accepted for conference Proceedings).
Volume-of-Fluid Simulations of Gas-Liquid-Liquid Flows in Microchannels 12th International Conference on Gas-Liquid & Gas-Liquid-Solid Reactor Engineering (GLS-12) will be held in Columbia University, New York, USA, from June 28 - July 1. (Abstract submitted)
National and International Recognition
- Jan 2009 - Dec 2013: Doctrol scholarship, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India.
- Awarded Travel grant from Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT Delhi) to attend ISCRE-22 conference held in Maastricht, The Netherlands.
- Selected for poster presentation on National Science Day-2013 organized by IIT Delhi.
Rajesh is currently Assistant Professor with the Department of Chemical Engineering at Shiv Nadar University (SNU). He has recently submitted his PhD thesis entitled "Experimental and Numerical Investigations of Gas-Liquid and Gas-Liquid-Liquid flows in Microchannels" in Department of Chemical Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi. His research interest includes multiphase flows in microfluidics, CFD studies on Open Foam (Open source CFD package), CO2 removal studies using microchannels and analysis of biodiesel production in microchannels.