Library documents can be borrowed for home use normally during the lending hours as specified by the librarian. Library will issue books for overnight an hour before the closing time and the book must be returned within the first hour of the opening of the library on the next day.
The faculty members can borrow ten books from SNU Library.
The students can borrow five books from SNU Library.
Loaning period for various library documents for different categories is as follows:
Faculty and Staff: 4 weeks
Students and Other Readers:2 weeks
Faculty and Students:1 book for overnight
Periodicals and Serials:
Faculty and Students:2 for overnight
Theses, dissertations, books of plates, rare books, books out of print, reprints, microfilms, reference books of general nature such as encyclopedia, almanacs, directories, hand books, reports, pamphlets, technical bulletins shall not be issued for home reading and can only be consulted in the library.
Books shall be loaned subject to the following conditions.
Fines and Penalties:
- Borrower should be satisfied with the library document lent to him/her is in sound condition and the pages are neither missing nor torn. In case a library document is found to be damaged and the same has not been reported to the Library Attendant, the borrower shall be held responsible for such damage(s) and the borrower shall be required to replace it or pay the value there of as determined by the Librarian.
- Library document should not be spoiled by underlining or writing with pen, pencil, ink or by any other means.
- Library document loaned for the normal period may be renewed for one more loan period on production of the same, provided they are not already claimed by other readers.
- Library document is non-transferable, and students/faculty cannot borrow library documents(s) on other member's account.
- Members can borrow library documents only once in a day.
- Library documents which in the opinion of the Librarian are not in good condition shall not be issued for home reading.
- Library documents to be taken on loan should be presented at the check/deposit counter with the gate pass issued at the Issue Counter for checking.
The following charges shall be recovered for each library document after the decided period of loan from the borrower.
i. Books: Rs. 1/
- per day during overdue.
ii. Library documents issued for overnight: Rs. 1/
- per day during overdue.
The member shall report immediately to the Librarian for loss of any library document(s) borrowed from the library. The following charges shall be recovered for the loss of library document(s).
i. General book: Replacement or the current price plus Rs. 10/
- as fine.
ii. Text book, multi-volumes book and reference book: Replacement or current price plus Rs. 10/- as fine. The cost of the complete set shall have to be paid along with the fine for the loss of single volume if it is not available separately.
iii. Bound volume of periodicals: Replacement or five times the cost of the volume plus Rs. 10/
- as fine.
Damage or Mutilation:
Replacement or repairs or the cost of the document plus fine up to Rs. 50/
Unauthorized removal of the library documents:
Removing library documents without getting them properly issued is a serious misdemeanor and the Librarian has the power to impose fine up to Rs. 50/
Reprographic Services: Print, Scan and Photocopying
Photocopy service is offered for library books and journal articles for Rs. 1/
- per copy to all the students.
Print and Scan services are available between 4.00 P.M and 10.00 P.M for all the students for Rs. 2/
- per page.