This page is of interest to you if you are looking for admission to Undergraduate programs at Shiv Nadar University for the year 2013. This page details step-by-step process for application and also the guidelines and rules regarding various stages. Please browse through the web links given below for detailed information on each section.
Please follow these steps to complete the application and selection process for Undergraduate Programs at Shiv Nadar University for the year 2013.
- Check your eligibility: Based on your class 12 marks, determine your eligibility for the program you want to apply for
Eligibility for Admissions and Scholarships - Undergraduate Programs
- Application: If you are eligible for the Program of your choice, please submit your application on
- Go through the terms and conditions given on the application page thoroughly
- Ensure your application is complete in all aspects including class 12th marks for all subjects
- Ensure your payment is made online or through Demand Draft
- If paying through Demand Draft (DD), please ensure:
Upon successful receipt, your payment will be authenticated and you will receive an email with your user ID and password. Please note this for future reference.
Schedule your SNUSAT: With the User ID and password given in the email, schedule your SNUSAT by visiting
http://www.pearsonvue.com/snu/. You can schedule your SNUSAT upto two days in advance.
Appear for SNUSAT: You can appear for SNUSAT on the date and time selected by you. Detailed information about SNUSAT is given below.
Interview shortlist: Based on a weighted average of your class 12 scores, application form review and SNUSAT scores, Shiv Nadar University will create an interview shortlist. Shortlisted students will also be intimated through email on their registered email id.
- DD amount is Rs. 1,000
- DD is in favor of
Shiv Nadar University
- DD is payable at
Noida or Delhi
- DD does not have any corrections in pen
- Send DD on below mentioned Address:
SNU Admission Office
A-11, Sector 3
Please write your Name and Application ID on the back of your demand draft
- Candidates are not allowed to make duplicate/ multiple registrations. Candidature of a candidate is liable to get rejected and fee forfeited, if the candidate registers multiple times.
- Candidates are advised to check the information entered in the online registration application form very carefully while registering and again before making payment as they will not be allowed to make any changes at a later stage.
- An application is considered valid only if online submission is made and the registration fee is received by SNU by the due date. Registration applications, for which the registration fee is not received in time, will be rejected outright.
- Application Fee: Candidates have to pay a non-refundable application fees of Rs. 1,000 either through online payment or through Demand Draft.
No exceptions for late receipt/delivery of payment will be entertained under any circumstances. SNU shall not be held liable for late or non-delivery of any material or information sent by it through e-mail. No refunds or rescheduling will be allowed for candidates who:
- Demand draft must be in favor of Shiv Nadar University
- Demand draft must be payable at Noida or Delhi at par
- Demand Draft should be sent along with the advice form to the following address:
SNU Admission Office
A-11, Sector 3,
Please write your Name and Application ID on the back of your demand draft
SNU shall not allow any candidate to sit for the test in case the online payment received from the candidate is repudiated. No such repudiation will be permitted after the expiry of seven days from the date of payment in case of payment by credit/debit card. Any requests made after the time period of repudiation will not be entertained and the amount so paid will be forfeited.
No refund of application fee will be made by SNU under any circumstances.
All applicants who complete the test registration, pay the Application Fee by the prescribed date and follow published test rules, may sit for SNUSAT-2013. It is the responsibility of the candidate to understand the eligibility requirements of SNU before deciding to register for SNUSAT-2013. If the candidate registers for the test and then determines that he/she is ineligible for admission to the program of his/her choice, no test-fee refund will be made. For the eligibility requirements, please visit http://snu.edu.in/admission/undergraduate.aspx
Application Fee Forfeit
- Fail to appear for a scheduled test
- Reach late at the testing centre on the test date
- Fail to meet the identification and confirmation e-mail requirements
- Fail to meet or violate SNUSAT-2013 test rules and policies
Candidates will have their fee forfeited if they:
Any dispute pertaining to admission shall be subjected to the jurisdiction of Delhi Courts only. No dispute shall be raised after the expiry of 30 days from the date on which the process of admission and/or selection is completed.
- Appear for test under multiple registrations
- Request for cancellation of their registration
- Do not schedule a test
- Request for cancellation of their scheduled test
- Request for reschedule in less than 72 hours of a scheduled test
- Do not appear for their scheduled test
SNUSAT-2013 is a computer-delivered test in which each candidate gets a randomly generated exam from a pool of questions. The exam duration is 90 minutes and has below format:
- Non Disclosure Agreement: 5 minutes
- Tutorial: 10 minutes
- Multiple Choice Questions: 61 questions, 55 minutes
Essay Question: 1 question, 20 minutes
- Quantitative Ability
- Logical Reasoning
- Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension
- General Awareness
- General Application
SNUSAT-2013 consists of questions that measure proficiency in language, ability to apply mind to simple problems, awareness beyond academics, data interpretation, etc.
- The number of questions and time limit of the test sections are predetermined and, under normal administration conditions, are the same regardless of when and where the test is administered. The computer displays questions one at a time. Only after a candidate takes an action on the first question, the computer will display the next question.
- Confirmation of completed registration and payment will be sent by e-mail only. It is the sole responsibility of the candidate to ascertain whether he/she possesses the necessary and requisite qualification for applying to the program at Shiv Nadar University (SNU). SNU shall not be held responsible for non-receipt of confirmation or bouncing of e-mails or any other concerns rising because of qualifications mismatch.
- Registration applications submitted without the proper notified registration fee, or with insufficient or incorrect details, or payment received beyond the specified closing time and date for submitting the registration application, will be summarily rejected and SNU shall not entertain any queries with respect to the same.
- Candidates need to ensure that the information submitted by them is correct and true in all respects. In case any information is found to be incorrect or false at a later date, SNU shall have the right to cancel the test score and/or admission. In the event of the cancellation of the score due to furnishing of incorrect/false information, the fee paid by the candidate will not be refunded.
- There is no provision for on-the-spot registration for SNUSAT-2013 at the Test Centres. Candidates have to follow the prescribed registration process published on the SNU website.
- Only candidates, whose applications have been properly completed in all respects, received by SNU within the stipulated time along with the application fee, will be entitled to take the SNUSAT-2013 test.
- After the required fee is duly received by SNU, candidates will receive an email from Pearson VUE providing them with a username and password and details within 24 hours on how to schedule an SNUSAT test.
- Candidates will be required to schedule their test on their own by visiting the Pearson VUE website.
- A candidate can schedule only one test attempt at a time.
- Candidates will be able to choose their preferred date, time (slot) and center based on a first come first serve basis. Therefore, candidates are advised to register themselves at the earliest to be able to schedule their test on their preferred date, time (slot) and center. Candidates may not get their preferred date, slot and center if other candidates have already taken up the available seats for a particular date, slot and center.
- Candidates will be allowed to schedule their test any time during the scheduling window (subjected to real time availability) for any slot which is a minimum of 48 hours later than the time that they carry out scheduling transaction in Pearson VUE system.
- Candidates are not required to make any extra payment for scheduling their test.
- Candidates will receive the confirmation e-mail from Pearson VUE as soon as they schedule the test including test center name and address, the test date and start time of the test.
- The confirmation e-mail will also include the unique candidate identification number generated at the time of registration which shall be the candidate’s "registration number”.
- Pearson VUE / SNU are not responsible for any non-receipt of confirmation e-mails due to incorrect e-mail addresses being entered by the applicant or due to any technical problems with receipt of e-mail. Candidates, who do not receive their confirmation e-mails within 24 hours of scheduling a test, can call the helpdesk number published on Pearson Vue website to seek assistance.
Differently Abled Candidates
- A candidate will be allowed to reschedule the test no later than 72 hours prior to the scheduled test to a different date, time and test center, subject to availability.
- Seat availability in terms of test center, slot and date will be on a “First come First serve” basis. Candidates may or may not get their preferred center/slot/date.
- A candidate cannot reschedule a test if 72 hours or less remain before the scheduled test. Refer section on Application Fee Forfeit.
- In case of a candidate with a vision or mobility impairment, he/she is required to state the same in the registration application. Such candidates will also be required to send their disability certificate to Admissions@SNU.edu.in in order to receive required support or testing accommodation.
- The candidates seeking disability accommodation will be required to schedule their test through the call center as each test center may not be equipped to provide support. The call center agent will be able to advise the candidate on the appropriate center for the test.
- A scribe will be allowed to assist candidates with vision impairments. Mobility assistance will be available for those with mobility impairments.
- SNU reserves the right to make a final judgment regarding testing accommodations in accordance with requirements of SNUSAT-2013.
- Any candidate who provides an incomplete certificate may not receive the required assistance at the test center.
- Any candidate who provides a false certificate shall be barred from taking the test and the Application Fee shall be forfeited. SNU reserves the right to make a complaint to the Police authorities against such candidates.
- Candidates are required to reach the test centre forty five (45) minutes before the scheduled time of their test. Candidates reporting later than fifteen (15) minutes of the scheduled time may not be admitted. No requests for exceptions will be entertained in this regard. The test centre may not be air conditioned but a comfortable environment will be provided.
- The candidate needs to bring the following to the test centre:
- Confirmation e-mail printout, without which the candidate will not be allowed to take the test.
- One valid primary ID and another secondary ID, in original from the list below:
- Driver's license
- Election Card / Voter ID
- PAN Card
- Photo Identity issued by (School, College or University)
- Marksheet of class XII or X
- Admit Card of any National / State Exam issued in 2011
- UID / Aadhar Card
- SC / ST Certificate with photograph
Candidates who are unable to produce the above forms of valid ID (non–expired and in original) will not be admitted into the testing room and shall not be offered a test-fee refund. Please note that following are not acceptable as IDs on the day of the test:-
The test invigilator after checking the confirmation e-mail print out being carried by the candidate and the ID as provided above, will admit the candidate by taking a digital photo and signature. The invigilator will then guide the candidate to the computer where the candidate will be seated to take the test.
Candidates who refuse to be photographed or refuse to provide signature on the digital pad at the test centre will not be allowed to take the test.
Each section contains several questions. The candidate must read the directions given for each group of questions in each section of the test carefully. If he/she skips the directions given for attempting the questions, he/she may miss the main idea and lose credit for some questions in that section.
After finishing each section, candidates will be able to review the questions they marked, along with any other question in that section, and can change the answers for that section only. The review time is included in the total amount of time allowed for each section. After the section time is over, candidates will not be able to return to the previous section.
After the test is over, candidates are required to remain seated until the invigilator closes the test window and allows the candidates to leave the test area.
Candidates will be provided with writing material at the test center and are not required to carry anything with them except their IDs and confirmation mail printout.
Candidates will be required to return the writing material to the Test centre after finishing the exam.
Persons accompanying the candidate will not be allowed into the test premises and no waiting area will be provided.
Invigilators have the right to exclude candidates who fail to follow the test centre rules and procedures.
Invigilators will not be expected to provide or collect any applications from candidates. Only pre-registered candidates with names appearing on the system and who have confirmation e-mail printouts and valid IDs as provided will be permitted to take SNUSAT-2013.
- Photocopies (attested or otherwise)
- Notarised copies and
- Learner’s driving license
- Candidates must not carry any articles such as cell phones, calculators, pens, arms, etc., as only a confirmation e-mail printout and two valid photo IDs are required for the test and all other articles would have to be left outside the testing room at candidates’ own risk.
- Candidates will not have access to their personal belongings during the breaks they take.
- There are no scheduled breaks in the test. However, candidates can take as many unscheduled breaks as they want during the test session. Unscheduled break means the break where the test clock does not stop. If a candidate chooses to take a break, the actual time he / she spends on the break will be deducted from the time allocated to complete the test.
- During the break, candidates must leave the testing room. Upon re-entering the testing room, they must show a valid (non – expired and in original) ID.
- Candidates will not be allowed to access any personal belonging including study material and mobile phone during the break(s) they take. They will only be allowed to access food or medication, if any, after taking permission from the invigilator.
Instructions for Answering Questions
- Candidates must read the instructions carefully given in the questions to mark the answers.
- Candidates will have to choose one of the correct answers by clicking their mouse.
- Candidates can mark questions for review and come back to them after completion of the section through the Review Screen. Candidates will not be able to review the question from a previous section after the time for that particular section is over.
- SNU would not entertain any request for revaluation of the test by any candidate.
- Any attempt to impersonate, to copy answers from another candidate or to indulge in any other malpractice during the test or while filling in the application, would not only lead to immediate or later revocation of scores but may also lead to prosecution. Detection of any such malpractice at any stage including after the test is conducted, may lead to disqualification and revocation of test scores by SNU.
- Candidates are not allowed to communicate with anyone about the content of the SNUSAT during the test, during any breaks, or after administration of the test. Removing or attempting to remove test content from the test center is strictly prohibited. Under no circumstances may any part of the test content viewed during a test administration be removed, reproduced, and/or disclosed in any form by any means (for example, verbally, in writing, or electronically) to any person or entity at any time. This includes, but is not limited to, discussing or disclosing such test content via e-mail; in any Internet “chat room” message board, or other forum; or otherwise. This disclosure prohibition applies before, during, and after any administration of the SNUSAT exam.
- Shiv Nadar University and Pearson VUE will make every effort to ensure that SNUSAT test registration and scheduling information are properly processed, and that SNUSAT exams are properly prepared, handled, administered, and scored. In the unlikely event that an error occurs in the preparation, handling, processing, administration, or scoring of your SNUSAT exam, or in the reporting of your SNUSAT scores, SNU and/ or Pearson VUE will make reasonable efforts to correct the error.
- Should there be any event that affects the administration of a test to an individual or multiple test takers, candidates can raise concerns to the Test invigilator but are not allowed to protest or misbehave with the staff. Such issues may include, but are not limited to, administrative errors (delayed starts, defective materials, or defective equipment); disruptions of test administrations (technical issues or natural disasters or illness, or other emergencies). When, in the sole judgment, it is appropriate to do so, SNU and Pearson VUE will give affected test takers the opportunity to take the test again as soon as possible without charge.
- Actions or activities that interfere with, or disturb other test takers, Test invigilator or other employees from operating the test center in a quiet, safe and efficient manner are not allowed.
- These terms & conditions cannot be overridden by verbal instructions by anyone including the Test invigilators unless issued in writing by SNU.